The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV

Bad news. I’m not very confident in our ILBs nor our OLBs
We didn't have great options anywhere. Feel like we only really have backup quality players.... May na able to upgrade somewhat with a released player we could develop some.

Bad news. I’m not very confident in our ILBs nor our OLBs

Starters are ok, but nothing great. But our depth is awful. I really liked the Cedric Gray pick, but he's been hurt all pre-season. I don't expect we'll get much production from him in year 1.

I would really like to see us sign someone like Shaq Leonard or Kwon Alexander and let them compete for playing time. They don't need to be world beaters, just good enough to get reps without sacrificing quality of the guys they are substituting for. Kwon Alexander should have a relationship with Ran already, having played for SF in 2019 and 2020.

Last edited:
Glad to see Malik go.

On another Titans forum, we used to call him squirrel, lol. Dude looked completely uncomfortable in the pocket his entire time here. I know we've had terrible OL performance, but damn dude, stand your ground.

Glad to see Malik go.

On another Titans forum, we used to call him squirrel, lol. Dude looked completely uncomfortable in the pocket his entire time here. I know we've had terrible OL performance, but damn dude, stand your ground.
He went from unable to process the defense and run an offense after two years to a backup potential player in year three under new coaching.

I think it was in our best interest to trade him as well as his. But if that isn't an indictment of the last coaching staff I'm not sure what is.

The Wilson, Farley, Burks stretch was just brutal. Especially with J-Rob thinking he could get budget A.J. Brown in Burks.

Add in Julio trade (still think it was the right move, just didn’t work out), and the Bud Dupree contract and we went from SB contenders to bottom five really fast

He went from unable to process the defense and run an offense after two years to a backup potential player in year three under new coaching.

I think it was in our best interest to trade him as well as his. But if that isn't an indictment of the last coaching staff I'm not sure what is.
As we know, good coaching matters.

They are doing things right so far IMO. Clean the roster, teach the new system, improve development, upgrade talent, learn how to win again.

They will lose or drop several talented players who were no longer fits in the system or as people. We just need to expect it.

Reactions: KB5252 and peaygolf
The Wilson, Farley, Burks stretch was just brutal. Especially with J-Rob thinking he could get budget A.J. Brown in Burks.
I agree and brutal is the right term to describe it. So many mistakes. Add in not shoring up the O-line with guys who could actually block when you have a heavy package of run first as your O-scheme was dereliction of duty.

Reactions: Ttucke11

VN Store

Back