The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV

Okay buddy. You’re moving the goal posts and using a total of 5 games as your example of something completely different, but okay
I’m not moving anything. Ridley has only had 1 good year in his entire pro career, and it was 5 years ago when he was the #2 WR playing opposite Julio Jones at the tail end of Julio’s production in Atlanta.

Reactions: BernardKingGOAT
He just had a 1000 yard season
A 1,000 yard season used to be considered a solid season before they started adding tons of extra games to the season and the game skewed so heavily in favor of passing. Ridley had 1,016 yards in a 17-game season. That is 59.76 yards per game. If your WR1 is giving you under 60 yards per game, your offense is going to look a lot like the Titans. A 1,000 yard season is not a WR1 in the modern NFL. It isn’t even a particularly good WR2.

A 1,000 yard season used to be considered a solid season before they started adding tons of extra games to the season and the game skewed so heavily in favor of passing. Ridley had 1,016 yards in a 17-game season. That is 59.76 yards per game. If your WR1 is giving you under 60 yards per game, your offense is going to look a lot like the Titans. A 1,000 yard season is not a WR1 in the modern NFL. It isn’t even a particularly good WR2.

Odd, given only 28 players achieved that last year, one was a TE, and there’s 32 teams…it seems good enough

AJ Brown, but he was smart enough to leave the organization.

Hate to tell you, but our GM didn’t have that option. There wasn’t a better option than Ridley. So this nit picky garbage of yours, is just that.

He’s not perfect, but he’s a very good WR and likely the best option we had

Reactions: Vols4us
You wonder why your team sucks, and yet you think having a WR1 that ranks about 28th in the NFL is good. The other teams that have WR1’s that bad at least recognize that is a severe weakness in their team that needs to be upgraded. You hype him as a solid WR1.

You wonder why your team sucks, and yet you think having a WR1 that ranks about 28th in the NFL is good. The other teams that have WR1’s that bad at least recognize that is a severe weakness in their team that needs to be upgraded. You hype him as a solid WR1.

Your posts get dumber by the second.

They added 1 more game. Before that,16 games had been the standard for like 40 years. What are you even talking about?

Ridley split targets with Christian Kirk, who similarly averaged just over 60 yards per game.

Reactions: Vols4us and Vol8188
Not just because I'm a Vol fan, but I'd rather have Peace at 4.

I agree. Only defensive players worth taking in the top 5 are Pearce and Hunter, imo. And LMAO to anyone taking Sanders anywhere remotely close to the 1st round. Red flags everywhere and that's before mentioning his entitled attitude.

Not saying I necessarily disagree, as I wanted to avoid Levis altogether, but the 2024 draft wasn't considered a super heavy QB draft in April of 2023.

Obviously we knew it was going to have 2 legit No. 1 overall type of talents in Williams and Maye. But beyond that it was fuzzy. Penix and Daniels weren't considered likely 1st round picks in April of 2023 (especially Daniels). Bo Nix was considered a late first/early 2nd at best. McCarthy was considered a likely 1st rounder, but he certainly wasn't considered an elite QB prospect. So it was basically Williams and Drake clearly at the top, then a tier down to McCarthy, and then a steep drop off after that.

The plan really fell apart on draft day. We already had a trade in place with AZ to move up to get Stroud if he fell to number 3, but the Texans ruined that plan.

Correct but once Levis fell out of the 1st round, we were bidding against ourselves for him..... Like Levis falling to 2nd round to rolling dice on Tanny with expiring deal and the Malik Expirement would have been better than the crop of QB's expected for 2024 at that time. Either we bounce back and go back to playoffs with core of the team or we finish bottom in the league with a lot of cap space, bulk of starters on rookie deals on offense and top 5 pick.... Really you are choosing to see if Levis can take reigns and turn around franchise or just taking everyone on expiring deals and "blowing up the roster" for a year. I will say that I was very high on the likes of Williams, Maye, McCarthy... As you said Daniels and Penix were somewhat surprises, but usually that happens to 1 or 2 guys every year I feel

Reactions: Carp
Correct but once Levis fell out of the 1st round, we were bidding against ourselves for him..... Like Levis falling to 2nd round to rolling dice on Tanny with expiring deal and the Malik Expirement would have been better than the crop of QB's expected for 2024 at that time. Either we bounce back and go back to playoffs with core of the team or we finish bottom in the league with a lot of cap space, bulk of starters on rookie deals on offense and top 5 pick.... Really you are choosing to see if Levis can take reigns and turn around franchise or just taking everyone on expiring deals and "blowing up the roster" for a year. I will say that I was very high on the likes of Williams, Maye, McCarthy... As you said Daniels and Penix were somewhat surprises, but usually that happens to 1 or 2 guys every year I feel

Agreed. At least we didn't waste a 1st on him. But at the very least it's a knock on Ran for jumping up to get a QB that every team had already passed on.

Agreed. At least we didn't waste a 1st on him. But at the very least it's a knock on Ran for jumping up to get a QB that every team had already passed on.

I never had the mood swing for a Titans draft like that one.... When they announced Skoronski, I yelled "They finally did the smart thing".... Then when the trade up was announced, i'm like okay they are going to get Mayer who dropped out of the first round and then just got mad at Levis pick....

VN Store

Back