The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV

Outside of Manning and Brady, idk if a free agent QB has ever won a Super Bowl.

Keep swinging for the fences in the draft
Brees with the Saints.
Foles with the Eagles in 2018.
Dilfer with the Ravens.
Johnson with the Bucs.
Warner with the Rams.
Doug Williams with Washington
Plunkett with the Raiders.
Theismann with Washington (this one’s a little bit weirder but worth noting)
Unitas with the Colts
Dawson with the Chiefs

I went to a Middle School game that was postponed from Thursday so it was in the 3rd quarter when I started watching. What happened to Levis a sack or did he run it and take a bad hit?

I’m very happy the Titans were able to take advantage of a very winnable game vs the Dolphins since this was their most winnable game before their bye week during the 2024 NFL Week 5.

So I guess now do we stick with Levis or Mason? He hasn’t posted amazing stats but the offense has looked the best all season with him in.
Its funny how much better the offense flows when you don't turn the ball over 2-3 times a game. We weren't a juggernaut out there, but we would clearly be 3-1 right now had Rudolf been the starter from day 1. We know the defense is legit. The offense has enough playmakers that we can score points if we don't turn the ball over. Tonight was the culmination of all of that.

Also, it's nice to see that we have 3/5 of a good starting OL. Maybe even 4/5 as Radunz, while not good, is playing at an acceptable level for guard. Unfortunately, our RT production has been the worst in the NFL by a decent margin, which means that out entire right side of the line is vulnerable. I still don't know why don't at least try Skronk at tackle considering he was an AA in college. It would be impossible for him to be any worse than what we are currently running out there.

Last edited:
Another idea is, they can offer a high round draft pick for a QB sitting on the bench of another team.
Exactly. If Brock Purdy can get the niners in the SB, there are a number of guys who can be signed to do it for the Titans that are playing for or sitting on somebody else's bench. Build the roster and develop it. Then you will be in position to make the big move up the board on draft day if you spot the opportunity for an elite QB.

Reactions: Vol8188
If the Titans are ever serious about contending, probably should throw a ton of money at the best FA QB next year.

Would likely be Darnold.

The plan should be to trade out of our 1st pick this year and sign a bridge QB for next year. Load up on picks in the the 2026 draft so that we can trade up for Nico or Manning without sacrificing our future drafts.

Reactions: Vols4us
Exactly. If Brock Purdy can get the niners in the SB, there are a number of guys who can be signed to do it for the Titans that are playing for or sitting on somebody else's bench. Build the roster and develop it. Then you will be in position to make the big move up the board on draft day if you spot the opportunity for an elite QB.
Purdy was drafted to a ready made team that made the NFCCG a year prior and a SB a couple years before that. Purdy wouldn't have the success he's having now if we drafted him. Though he'd probably be doing a lot better than Levis.

Its funny how much better the offense flows when you don't turn the ball over 2-3 times a game.
I am amazed at all of the people who loved the Vrabel Way who are now opposed to winning the Vrabel way. They loved the run first with strong D and low turnovers approach. Now they don't, they want style.

Just my take -

They did that last night without Simmons and an offensive game plan tailored to the QB who delivered on what the coaches asked him to do. For all the talk about the burn it down like the Dolphins and rebuild it, how is that working out for them without a healthy Tua?

The goal is to win no matter the method. Having a team that can do it multiple ways is the way that happens. The Chiefs are the model for it.

When the O-line can depend on the QB to be and do what he is supposed to be and do, they can develop chemistry and become better at their jobs. At this point they need a QB willing to stand strong in the pocket. That's Randolph. He learned and played under the Steelers way. As they get better the QB will be able to be on the run more. Then they can move on from Randolph. He's a transition guy until he isn't.

Radunz is still getting fooled by the delayed rush/blitz. Dad C needs to address it firmly.

Purdy was drafted to a ready made team that made the NFCCG a year prior and a SB a couple years before that. Purdy wouldn't have the success he's having now if we drafted him. Though he'd probably be doing a lot better than Levis.
That was my point. Build the team and insert the guy who can be competent at it until the franchise QB can be obtained. Purdy may be a high achiever, but he is not a franchise QB.

I am amazed at all of the people who loved the Vrabel Way who are now opposed to winning the Vrabel way. They loved the run first with strong D and low turnovers approach. Now they don't, they want style.

Just my take -

They did that last night without Simmons and an offensive game plan tailored to the QB who delivered on what the coaches asked him to do. For all the talk about the burn it down like the Dolphins and rebuild it, how is that working out for them without a healthy Tua?

The goal is to win no matter the method. Having a team that can do it multiple ways is the way that happens. The Chiefs are the model for it.

When the O-line can depend on the QB to be and do what he is supposed to be and do, they can develop chemistry and become better at their jobs. At this point they need a QB willing to stand strong in the pocket. That's Randolph. He learned and played under the Steelers way. As they get better the QB will be able to be on the run more. Then they can move on from Randolph. He's a transition guy until he isn't.

Radunz is still getting fooled by the delayed rush/blitz. Dad C needs to address it firmly.

I never loved the Vrabel way. I loved Henry, but the Vrabel offense was a dinosaur offense. You have to be able to stretch the field consistently in today's NFL. The best offenses in the NFL consistently do that. I am not asking for a different offense than Callahan's. I am asking for a QB who doesn't turn the ball over several times every game.

The Mike Vrabel offense would be performing at the same level right now if Levis were turning the ball over at this rate. It isn't like Levis is being asked to run some complicated offense and can't get on the same page as his receivers, or that he doesn't have receivers capable of getting open. Levis just has ZERO vision and he makes terrible decisions under pressure.

Reactions: Vols4us
I never loved the Vrabel way. I loved Henry, but the Vrabel offense was a dinosaur offense. You have to be able to stretch the field consistently in today's NFL. The best offenses in the NFL consistently do that. I am not asking for a different offense than Callahan's. I am asking for a QB who doesn't turn the ball over several times every game.

The Mike Vrabel offense would be performing at the same level right now if Levis were turning the ball over at this rate. It isn't like Levis is being asked to run some complicated offense and can't get on the same page as his receivers, or that he doesn't have receivers capable of getting open. Levis just has ZERO vision and he makes terrible decisions under pressure.

Valid points. But the special teams mental mistakes that have been there every game so far would have not been there in most cases.

Mental young QB plus a nepo First time coach is horrible combo

Don't fall for that. Brock Purdy is absolutely elite and one of the best QBs in the NFL.

Reactions: BernardKingGOAT
Purdy is a top ten QB

VN Store

Back