The Official Tennessee vs. #2 Oregon Game Thread, 3:30pm ET(09/14/13), ABC

When Kiffin was here we ran the ball with a make shift line. For the past 3 plus years we have hard supposedly great lineman with little success running the ball. I know Hardesty made a difference.

Hardesty made a mediocre O-line serviceable. We haven't had a true SEC-level back since he left. I'm praying Jalen Hurd is our Gurley/Marshall. Hurd's teammate Dorian Carter looks legit as well.

this is a goofy statement . They have played against a 7 or 8 man box all day . Oregon lined up run and pressure all day .

They dared our QB to beat them . If we had a QB that could complete routine passes and sustain drives ...magically the box would have cleared out and the offensive line would have been in an equitable matchup.

Not to mention that this woulda translated to scores and the defense NOT being on the field.

The above reasons are why you hear 99% of coaches talking about balanced football. You are not balanced if you cannot pass. Any DC detects a team cant pass will stack the box

Bull Crap. I saw 4 to 6 in the box most of the first half. Our line is all hype and has been for years now.

VN Store

Back