The Official Tennessee vs Clemson Regional Game Thread (Sat. 6/3 6PM EST ESPN2)

Major props to Clemson on their hosting and their stadium. Everyone there was super nice yesterday, it’s a great facility with great views just about everywhere. Though the best part was definitely concession prices , 2 dollar hot dogs and 2 dollar bottle of waters. I thought it was a mistake when she said it, I didn’t think prices like that existed at major sporting events since before I was born

Major props to Clemson on their hosting and their stadium. Everyone there was super nice yesterday, it’s a great facility with great views just about everywhere. Though the best part was definitely concession prices , 2 dollar hot dogs and 2 dollar bottle of waters. I thought it was a mistake when she said it, I didn’t think prices like that existed at major sporting events since before I was born

I hate Clemson so it pains me that their fans are nice because I don’t want to have to like them 😂 But glad you all were treated well. And I agree that $2 bottle of water is unheard of. That’s ridiculous (in a good way).

Probably funded from the softball budget since they’re at the house 😬

Reactions: chuckiepoo
So I think the rule is if one team was away and one was home last game it will switch, if both were home or both away(like Clem&Tenn) then it goes to the higher seed so Clemson will be home but they will be away next game no matter what and tenn will be home next game no matter who they play as well

Not how it works. Don't how they do it but coastal is the visiting team today.

Step 1: The team has been the home team fewer times during the tournament becomes the home team.

Step 2: If both teams were the home team the same number of times, count the number of times each team was the visiting team during the tournament. The team that was the visiting team more often during the tournament becomes the home team.

Step 3: If both teams were the home team and visiting team the same number of times and the teams met previously during the tournament, the visitor in the immediately preceding game between the two teams becomes the home team.

Step 4: If both teams were the home team and visiting team the same number of times and the teams did not previously meet during the tournament, the team that was the visitor in its most recent, preceding game becomes the home team.

Step 5: If both teams were the home team and visiting team the same number of times, the teams did not previously meet during the tournament, and both teams were the visitor (or home team) in their most recent, preceding game, then the home team is decided by a coin flip.

How College World Series determines home team for each game of the 2022 CWS - DraftKings Nation

It’s the same question those around the game will get from more casual fans every postseason: “Why isn’t TEAM NAME GOES HERE the home team in today’s tournament game??”
Because college baseball has made this process as fair as it can be, however the method is a bit arcane. The rule of thumb is the team in any tournament that’s had the least amount of chances to be the home team compared to their opponent will bat last when those two teams play each other.
But how we get there is a whole other kettle of fish. Here’s the bullet points:
  • The better-seeded team will be the home team during the first game each team plays in Omaha
  • If both teams that were the road team (or home team) in their first game face each other in their first winners bracket/losers bracket game, a tournament director or umpire will flip a coin with both teams present to determine who is the home team as soon as the matchup is finalized.

Last edited:
Step 1: The team has been the home team fewer times during the tournament becomes the home team.

Step 2: If both teams were the home team the same number of times, count the number of times each team was the visiting team during the tournament. The team that was the visiting team more often during the tournament becomes the home team.

Step 3: If both teams were the home team and visiting team the same number of times and the teams met previously during the tournament, the visitor in the immediately preceding game between the two teams becomes the home team.

Step 4: If both teams were the home team and visiting team the same number of times and the teams did not previously meet during the tournament, the team that was the visitor in its most recent, preceding game becomes the home team.

Step 5: If both teams were the home team and visiting team the same number of times, the teams did not previously meet during the tournament, and both teams were the visitor (or home team) in their most recent, preceding game, then the home team is decided by a coin flip.
Dayum, @WillisWG ! 🤣
Not so simple!

Dayum, @WillisWG ! 🤣
Not so simple!

Apparently, this format was put in place back when the CWS was a double elimination tournament to help manage pitching and tie breaker advantages. Their thinking was that a true double elimination is a test of endurance for pitching. If you are the visiting team in a tournament you use a pitcher all but one inning, home team uses a pitcher in every inning. So it does check the pitching advantage as a team get deeper into a tournament. Tie-breakers were based on run scored, runs allowed and runs differential, as home team your scoring opportunities are reduced. Again it does check a run based tie-breaker advantage.

But there has to be a simpler method that's fair to all

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back