The Official Tennessee vs LSU College World Series Game 1 Thread (Sat. June 17 7PM EST) ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
i don’t think folks here quite understand how hard it is to hit a guy who could be throwing in the MLB right now. This was always going to be an uphill battle, but that’s why the CWS is double elimination. Whoever wins bracket one will win the CWS. We just got the unfortunate draw of being in bracket one.
Don’t count out that Florida team.

I’m upset as anyone but team def played better than expected late in year. And don’t forget we are the comeback team. Their pitcher was the real deal. Lsu needs knocked out and we don’t want to play him again. Let’s go beat Stanford.

Reactions: Zues1
I think we are blaming the umpires too much… don’t forget we didn’t even get a runner to second base until, what, the 7th inning? Hard to win any baseball game if you can’t get past first

Not easy to get to 2nd when the strike zone is 3 foot wide one way

Reactions: vol94
Stanford held a high powered Wake offense to 3 runs so there are no easy games in Omaha , we’ll have to regroup and get after it Monday , proud of this team and pulling like crazy for a couple of wins , we need to get Dickey , Moore and Burke going

I think we are blaming the umpires too much… don’t forget we didn’t even get a runner to second base until, what, the 7th inning? Hard to win any baseball game if you can’t get past first
Against the best pitcher in the nation in literally years…he doesn’t need free strikes. But I’m very proud of the way the boys played tonight.

I’m upset as anyone but team def played better than expected late in year. And don’t forget we are the comeback team. Their pitcher was the real deal. Lsu needs knocked out and we don’t want to play him again. Let’s go beat Stanford.

you read it here first… Vols beat Stanford Monday, Wake beats LSU, then Vols end LSUs season. What a day it will be.

I am ok to play LSU again. Their pitching is going to drop off.

Reactions: TNVOLFN
WHAT?! You literally just talked about how Tony can’t win in Omaha?

Skenes is good but the amount of help he got tonight was ridiculous. Hitting a baseball is one of the hardest things to do. There is a reason why the zone is what it is. Balls that are 6 inches off the plate aren’t hittable. That outside strike might have been “consistent” but it doesn’t make it any less bad because it’s still the same unhittable pitch.

Having grown in Louisiana my whole life, there would be nothing I would love more than knocking LSU out the losers bracket when we play them again.

Freaking hate those arrogant punkass mfs

Reactions: Zues1
Against the best pitcher in the nation in literally years…he doesn’t need free strikes. But I’m very proud of the way the boys played tonight.
Why aren’t we blaming our hitters for not making any adjustments, fouling it off even though they know it’s not a strike but WILL be called a strike, and fighting for another pitch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back