The Official Tennessee vs LSU College World Series Game 1 Thread (Sat. June 17 7PM EST) ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unlike our last trip to the CWS, we have depth in our pitching staff and bullpen.

I think our road experience may help us in that we've played in progressively larger ball parks these past 2 weekends. While there will be an adjustment, it won't be as drastic as going from LNS to Charles Schwab Field.

As for Skenes and LSU, sure they are a tough matchup, but we've seen them before so there is familiarity. It's baseball and anything can happen.

The Omaha 8 field is stacked this year, so any opponent will be challenging.

Excited to see how far our team can go. 🍊

I'd probably put our 3rd of 4th best starter up against skenes and then use our best pitchers against their 2nd and 3rd best and wear out their bull pen along the way. ie what's the use of having such good pitching if we don't leverage it to the max and have untapped talent that isn't even used in Omaha?
I respectfully disagree. You throw your best and do everything you can to win this game. Losing the first game causes you to play extra games just to advance and then you are also at single elimination. You have to treat each game as if it were your last and you do everything you can to win it.

I respectfully disagree. You throw your best and do everything you can to win this game. Losing the first game causes you to play extra games just to advance and then you are also at single elimination. You have to treat each game as if it were your last and you do everything you can to win it.
Who is our best, though? Lindsey wasn't good in the rain game, but he usually is a win. Then we have Drew and Dolly who were both exceptional and of course, the bullpen. I say whoever is ready is good enough. Lady VOLS tried using their lesser pitcher against Oklahoma and it fell flat. I don't think you could beat them no matter who you threw there, though.

Tony V looked clammy last night and I guess they said he didn't have a voice? Maybe sick. Hatiesburg was a horrible place to play.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I'd probably put our 3rd of 4th best starter up against skenes and then use our best pitchers against their 2nd and 3rd best and wear out their bull pen along the way. ie what's the use of having such good pitching if we don't leverage it to the max and have untapped talent that isn't even used in Omaha?
Wear out who’s BP? It’s not a series vs LSU.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back