The Official Tennessee vs LSU College World Series Game 1 Thread (Sat. June 17 7PM EST) ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd probably put our 3rd of 4th best starter up against skenes and then use our best pitchers against their 2nd and 3rd best and wear out their bull pen along the way. ie what's the use of having such good pitching if we don't leverage it to the max and have untapped talent that isn't even used in Omaha?

We’re only playing LSU for the first game. We’ll play Stanford or Wake in game 2, then it just depends from there. We may or may not play LSU again, but if we do, it won’t be until at least G3. It’s not a head to head series. We’re in Omaha now, not the Supers.

I'd probably put our 3rd of 4th best starter up against skenes and then use our best pitchers against their 2nd and 3rd best and wear out their bull pen along the way. ie what's the use of having such good pitching if we don't leverage it to the max and have untapped talent that isn't even used in Omaha?
No more series until the finals.
It's a double elimination tournament until then

Reactions: BernardKingGOAT
Great job by the team. To lose most of our starting lineup from last year and still get back to the Championship Series is an outstanding achievement.

RE the outcome of the Stanford--Texas game: I have never heard of both outfielders losing a ball in the lights--and I'm not sure that was the case, maybe. It appeared that the ball was the centerfielder's to catch--and he should have immediately started yelling that he couldn't see the ball, giving the right fielder the opportunity to run over and catch it--and he would have had plenty of time to do so, as the ball was hit high and in the right center area. I can't believe that the right-fielder didn't see it either. But I'm happy Stanford won as I'm no fan of texas.

This will be a chess game for all the teams in terms of which pitcher to use when. Use the "ace" in the first game and lose - now you are in the elimination game against another good team. If you win, you are in the winner's game against another good team. I think those decisions will make or break any and all of the teams.

Great job by the team. To lose most of our starting lineup from last year and still get back to the Championship Series is an outstanding achievement.

RE the outcome of the Stanford--Texas game: I have never heard of both outfielders losing a ball in the lights--and I'm not sure that was the case, maybe. It appeared that the ball was the centerfielder's to catch--and he should have immediately started yelling that he couldn't see the ball, giving the right fielder the opportunity to run over and catch it--and he would have had plenty of time to do so, as the ball was hit high and in the right center area. I can't believe that the right-fielder didn't see it either. But I'm happy Stanford won as I'm no fan of texas.

I don’t think it was the lights. Supposedly, the twilight sky there makes it brutal to find a ball. They lost one the night before too. Both could have lost it. I think they did.

If CTV keeps the lineup as is, we're going to need Ahuna, Scott, Stark and Burke to consistently put the ball in play and reduce the strikeouts. Our pitching is deep, just need a little more from our lineup at the plate. If we can do that, we can make a serious run at it.

In case no one has seen the entire schedule. No surprises at all as ESPN has opted to "primetime" teams at primetimes.

FRIDAY

2:00 (God's time)
Oral Roberts
17 TCU

7:00 (God's time)
11 Virginia
2 Florida

SATURDAY

8 Stanford
1 Wake Forest

Tennessee
5 LSU

We lost every position starter and still made it to the CWS. Incredible.

In case no one has seen the entire schedule. No surprises at all as ESPN has opted to "primetime" teams at primetimes.

FRIDAY

Oral Roberts
17 TCU

11 Virginia
2 Florida

SATURDAY

8 Stanford
1 Wake Forest

Tennessee
5 LSU
Tennessee vs Oral Roberts for a natty. I feel it.

My son looked up the longest homeruns in MLB this year, and pointed out to me that Burke's birthday bomb would be in the top 5 of that list
If he can become more disciplined at the plate then he will have a very long and prosperous MLB career. Anytime he connects the ball goes a long ways. He almost had another one last night. Just went foul.

FRIDAY

Oral Roberts
17 TCU

11 Virginia
2 Florida

SATURDAY

8 Stanford
1 Wake Forest

Tennessee
5 LSU
I want to meet Florida in the championship and crush their souls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back