The Official Tennessee vs LSU College World Series Game 1 Thread (Sat. June 17 7PM EST) ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Check out hotels in Lincoln. Not too far away and much much cheaper.

With 2 days between most bracket games - at least early on, you have options that are a little further away.

KC is about 3.5 hours away and you can catch Royals through Sunday. They're playing Trout and Ohtani but they're out of town after Sunday for the rest of tourney.
Council Bluffs across the river in Iowa used to offer some cheaper options but even they are a bit inflated now.

The good news is Omaha now has far more rooms than they did 10-20 years ago

Who is our best, though? Lindsey wasn't good in the rain game, but he usually is a win. Then we have Drew and Dolly who were both exceptional and of course, the bullpen. I say whoever is ready is good enough. Lady VOLS tried using their lesser pitcher against Oklahoma and it fell flat. I don't think you could beat them no matter who you threw there, though.
OP said to use our 3rd or 4th best. That's what I r was disagreeing with. Dolly and Beam are both possibilities for sure.

Last edited:
Reactions: chuckiepoo
Who is our best, though? Lindsey wasn't good in the rain game, but he usually is a win. Then we have Drew and Dolly who were both exceptional and of course, the bullpen. I say whoever is ready is good enough. Lady VOLS tried using their lesser pitcher against Oklahoma and it fell flat. I don't think you could beat them no matter who you threw there, though.

Why FELL FLAT? Had we burned the ace game 1 we had a much higher probability of exiting in 2 games rather than getting into the semis. There are NO absolutes in these dilemmas.

Reactions: WillisWG and JCP201
I’m going guess “no” is the answer, but I do wonder if Tony is considering pitching Dollander on Saturday not against Skenes. Considering how well he pitched after that home run, he seems locked in right now. But, I’d venture to guess he’s going to stick with the same rotation order.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I think the heat got Lindsay. Someone else mentioned it in the game thread... His velocity was low and that person was right. Lindsay was throwing low 90s and not as on target. He will be fine.

With 2 days between most bracket games - at least early on, you have options that are a little further away.

KC is about 3.5 hours away and you can catch Royals through Sunday. They're playing Trout and Ohtani but they're out of town after Sunday for the rest of tourney.
Council Bluffs across the river in Iowa used to offer some cheaper options but even they are a bit inflated now.

The good news is Omaha now has far more rooms than they did 10-20 years ago
You have 2 days if you are winning.

I'd probably put our 3rd of 4th best starter up against skenes and then use our best pitchers against their 2nd and 3rd best and wear out their bull pen along the way. ie what's the use of having such good pitching if we don't leverage it to the max and have untapped talent that isn't even used in Omaha?

Good points. But we have four terrific pitchers that are all about the same in quality. Lindsay, Beam, Dolly, and Burns could all be your #1. There's not much difference, so might as well throw the bell cow this game and stick with what brung ya. Either way, in the next game(s), we'll have lots of quality pitching. Also, I think if you don't give the ball to Lindsay, it might send a funky message to him and the team.

Good points. But we have four terrific pitchers that are all about the same in quality. Lindsay, Beam, Dolly, and Burns could all be your #1. There's not much difference, so might as well throw the bell cow this game and stick with what brung ya. Either way, in the next game(s), we'll have lots of quality pitching. Also, I think if you don't give the ball to Lindsay, it might send a funky message to him and the team.
I agree. I ain't changing anything. It got you here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back