The Official Tennessee vs S. Miss Super Regional Game 1 Thread Sat. June 10 3PM EST ESPNU (Hattiesburg)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look up Ole Miss @ USM 2022. They have the better atmosphere. We’re just too far behind in baseball facilities. That will change soon.
Until the LNS renovations are done we are going to lose almost every time when a hosting decision is up to the NCAA like it was here.

Reactions: Christian Lowe
Lol, no they don't.
Everyone that isn’t a Tennessee fan would say they do. Our stadium and facilities blow, man. They blow so bad that it was a bigger stipulation to Tony staying here than his own paycheck was.

Like I said, it is truly a testament to his recruiting prowess that he can get guys to choose us over other SEC schools despite our facilities being so bad. We will have Top 5 in conference facilities because of him within the next 5 years too. Things are changing.

But at this moment, LNS is decades behind the standard.

That's literally the criteria they explained.
With things as close as they are between the two programs, they can cherry pick a criteria or two and weight them any way they like to get the results they want. Right now our program threatens the established order. Combine that with the fact that last year's team didn't endear our program to anyone outside our fan base and no one should be surprised at the choice. If we want something, we need to do a better job of taking it for ourselves and keeping those decisions about things out of the NCAAs hands.

Reactions: Proud Army Wife
We got swept at Missouri. We lost a series at Georgia. I can’t say with a straight face that a team that spent the entire regular season being worse than Todd Raleigh ball on the road got “screwed” here. Do your job against the cellar dwellers and you’re at home

Always showing up when stuff doesn't go our way.

There's only one thing to do in response to this obvious screwing.

tenor.gif

U06nn4M.gif

Because there is absolutely nothing else to do in that part of the world. Same reason Arkansas draws so well. Nothing else to do.
Yep. It’s the reason high school football gets 10-15,000 seat stadiums in my part of SC. But the reason doesn’t matter, just the numbers.

Reactions: tn4elvis
I did not either but 3 votes already set/ baked in before it occurred ---- Previous AD, Father of Player, and MS State AD who loyalty lays to his State Before SEC.
MS State AD is now at Auburn and CTV and he are close, some would say even a mentor as they met one another years ago when CTV was an assistant. Cohen was vouching for the SEC

Reactions: knoxvol52
USM was 0-3 against the SEC in the regular season. They needed 5 games to get through the Sun Belt tournament and 5 to get through the Auburn Regional. Play the ball we’ve been playing and this one won’t be close - even at their ballpark.

I agree but this decision from the ncaa is complete b.s.

I hope we break everything in Hatties and absolutely crush S.M. Make S.M. pay for the NCAA getting it wrong, twice.

Go Big Orange!

Reactions: tntar heel
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back