The Official Tennessee vs S.Miss Super Regional Game 3 Thread 10:06 PM EST ESPNU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully we don't eat anything there.... Food poisoning attempt wouldn't surprise me from them/NCAA... WGWTFA let's go!🍊🍊

It is kind of weird that they wait so long to announce a game time. I mean, imagine if you had a ticket for tomorrow and you don’t know first pitch time until you wake up in the morning lol
Imagine going to bed as a player not knowing what time you will be playing? It’s 10pm local time and they could be playing in 14 hours or 21 hours.

Yeah this is dumb. I agree. Pick a time so the team’s can prepare. Also, considering how bad the weather will be in the afternoon/evening, stop caring about TV and play this game at noon when the weather is going to actually let you play the game.

DraftKings shows a 4:00 start. Obviously could be wrong I guess

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
I don’t know how Vitello didn’t explode with that horrible out call at 2nd base. Thank goodness it didn’t come back to haunt us.

i do give Vitello great credit for staying with Dollander. I probably would’ve pulled him Before he took control of the game.

C’mon guys, win tomorrow regardless what time the game is!

I don’t know how Vitello didn’t explode with that horrible out call at 2nd base. Thank goodness it didn’t come back to haunt us.

i do give Vitello great credit for staying with Dollander. I probably would’ve pulled him Before he took control of the game.

C’mon guys, win tomorrow regardless what time the game is![/QUOTEWe u

Assuming we win tomorrow, I'm sure the NCAA will push our next game out to the latest start time in order to give our pitching staff max time to recover like they did for S. Miss.
please announce what time you will announce the time.
I plan on asking tomorrow at 11 am for an announcement on the announcement. It is tentative and depends on weather and my mood. Schedule accordingly, knowing it could be earlier. It’s not out of the question it could be later, either.

Reactions: MackDaddyVol
Yeah this is dumb. I agree. Pick a time so the team’s can prepare. Also, considering how bad the weather will be in the afternoon/evening, stop caring about TV and play this game at noon when the weather is going to actually let you play the game.

The NCAA is like the cable company. We basically know the game will be sometime between 11 and 6.

Niko Mazza will start Game 3 of super regional for USM baseball vs Vols

Mazza has ok numbers

Mazza owns a 4.13 ERA on the season in 20 appearances, including 12 starts. The native of Madison, Miss. has struck out 84 batters and issued 42 walks in 69.2 innings pitched.

a 2 to 1 SO to Walk ratio is "ok" but in college, maybe less so.

Both teams have all hands on deck
Vols have more "hands"
USM is at home.

Most of these game 3s this tournament have been blow outs
Best news for the team: Win or lose, they finally get the hell out of southern Mississippi.

I would assume and hope at this point the game time would be tomorrow afternoon/evening I’m guessing like a 3-5 start range if there are 2 games and prob like 6/7 if they are the only game

I plan on asking tomorrow at 11 am for an announcement on the announcement. It is tentative and depends on weather and my mood. Schedule accordingly, knowing it could be earlier. It’s not out of the question it could be later, either.

Should Tennessee win, I would be surprised if the high profile Tennessee/LSU game was not the later game on day 2. That would be Saturday at 7pm (God's time)

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Keep in mind NBA Finals are tomorrow night.
Yeah but they will still squeeze out whatever viewers they can I think and they know the die hard tennessee fans will watch and more so at night than 11am on a Tuesday.. I can watch at 11am but I just think at this point teams not knowing that would be fair

Meh. I can drive to Knoxville, Hattiesburg or anywhere in the southeast. I can’t drive to Omaha, at least reasonably. I’m sure many at the supers aren’t going to Omaha. I wish I could.
It’s 8 hrs from Knoxville/east TN, people likely didn’t plan 2 days off. I know I didn’t and only made the decision to not go home this evening in about the 8th inning. I let a 6 yr old talk me into staying and spending several hundred more $’s. If they play at 6/7pm I’m either out another hotel room or making a 4.5 drive home starting at 10pm; not ideal. An 11/noon start time is ideal for travel and the weather. Turf field aside, if it rains for 3-4 hours solid can they even start it on time at 7? You run the risk of the weather coming in an hour or two later than planned and the start time gets pushed back to 8 or 9. Use common sense and start it while you have a window.

NCAA is caught in a jam here. Go early and that park will not be full - darn there goes the reason ($$) for selecting the location and it will not be the environment that USM wants and they will complain. Go late to avoid the rain and risk not finishing... Then the odd rules kick in and OH BOY the backlash. I kind of enjoy the idea of the NCAA being in a bind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back