The Official Tennessee vs Texas A&M Round 1 SEC Tourney Game Thread (Tues. 1:45PM EST SEC NETWORK)

Hoover week doesn’t officially kick off until the VolNation official Hoover correspondent, @feathersax , arrives on scene.

We wait.

Yep, @feathersax talked so highly of the experience I started going about 6 years ago. It became a family vacation for us.

Now, my 15 year old has a GF and I gotta teach him to drive, so…sadly…I won’t be there. However, I’ll get to be here and hang with all y’all, which is fine by me.

Yep, @feathersax talked so highly of the experience I started going about 6 years ago. It became a family vacation for us.

Now, my 15 year old has a GF and I gotta teach him to drive, so…sadly…I won’t be there. However, I’ll get to be here and hang with all y’all, which is fine by me.
We leave today for Hoover. C'mon down & visit! Go Diamond Vols! :cool:

Attachments

• Adam, Ginny, Mark at SEC Tournament 2015.jpg
    Adam, Ginny, Mark at SEC Tournament 2015.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 64
Vols fan deep in the heart of Aggieland. Like Tennessee, you never know which Aggie team will show up on gameday. The Aggies need this win to build their meager resume, but the Vols could use it to strengthen their cause for hosting a regional. Hope the good guys can pull this one out!

i rewatched all of the highlight videos on youtube of the SEC tourney last season and realized that there are many similarities to last years club. Yes i know last years team was special. But i think what makes the teams so similar is their energy. And that comes from the top. The way the pitching has looked lately i feel like we may be hitting our stride at the right time. I hope we win back to back tourney titles. But i'm more interested in the NCAA tourney this year. We got the SEC tourney monkey off our back last year. I want to get back to Omaha. I feel like our guys this year are more dangerous because the expectations aren't there like being that number one overall seed. And our road record is misleading. Its not like these guys were getting run ruled away from home. There were several close games that with a few hits here and there the games could have went a different way. Im excited for post season because of the one thing that has let us down all year. Starting pitching. They haven't been awful. And i think they are going to be a huge asset come regionals and super regionals.

i rewatched all of the highlight videos on youtube of the SEC tourney last season and realized that there are many similarities to last years club. Yes i know last years team was special. But i think what makes the teams so similar is their energy. And that comes from the top. The way the pitching has looked lately i feel like we may be hitting our stride at the right time. I hope we win back to back tourney titles. But i'm more interested in the NCAA tourney this year. We got the SEC tourney monkey off our back last year. I want to get back to Omaha. I feel like our guys this year are more dangerous because the expectations aren't there like being that number one overall seed. And our road record is misleading. Its not like these guys were getting run ruled away from home. There were several close games that with a few hits here and there the games could have went a different way. Im excited for post season because of the one thing that has let us down all year. Starting pitching. They haven't been awful. And i think they are going to be a huge asset come regionals and super regionals.

I agree with much of this. If there was an expectation or pressure, it was being preseason #2 and “The pitching will carry us until we figure out the rest.”

Nothing like getting served a big helping of humble pie. Drop out of the polls completely and start climbing yer way back up. Pretty remarkable.

We’re fine, if we have to go earn it…well…isn’t that what college baseball is all about?

Who’s going to Hoover? I’ve been on the fence but am itching to go. Any pointers or added encouragement for why it’s such a great experience to make the trek?

It is a fabulous trip! Hotels are inexpensive. Food is good. You get to discuss The Neyland Stadium experience with dozens of toothless Alabama fans.

I mean no disrespect but give Mrs sax a big kiss from me! I think the world of you sax, but that woman is a dang saint!!
I mean if you and her weren’t a thing and me and Donde weren’t a thing...
😜

So that is why they call her Dondre 'Plow-Man'

What a Texas Aggie screams while receiving a thorough prostate exam...

(slow)
Rah! Rah! Rah! Rah!
T-A-M-C
(faster)
Rah! Rah! Rah! Rah!
T-A-M-C
(very fast)
Rah! Rah! Rah! Rah!
T-A-M-C
(Seniors only: “Whoop!”)
Aaaaaaa
Rah! Rah! Rah! Team!

Who’s going to Hoover? I’ve been on the fence but am itching to go. Any pointers or added encouragement for why it’s such a great experience to make the trek?

I've gone for the last three years now and always had a great experience. If you want to ensure an extended stay, let them win tomorrow and then go, as they will have to lose twice to be eliminated.

VN Store

Back