The Official Tennessee vs Texas A&M Round 1 SEC Tourney Game Thread (Tues. 1:45PM EST SEC NETWORK)

I disagree. I thought it was blatantly dirty. Looked to me like he stretched his left arm out to make contact. First basemen was stretching to catch the ball
Welcome to the Miami Regional. Don't get high expectations. We are 11 days from reworking the roster for '24. Hope I'm wrong, but probably not. Something has been off since Game 1.

HIGH HIGH needs for '24:

Catcher
Shortstop
3rd base (possible Denton comes back, but not probable)
2 weekend starters
1 Bench Coach (Ross Kivett come back please!!)

***Taking Portal offers now.........send resume' to Tony V. !!!

Hey UTAD! Send my Regional money back !!!

I think the Miami regional would be a good matchup. Everyone always jokes about Miami choking. This team could easily gang up for a few crooked innings.

My goodness. What a whimper of a brief showing in Hoover, Our pitching was solid, but our offense (namely Christian Scott) could only muster ONE HIT??? Why didn’t Coach V let Dreiling pinch hit at some point. With hosting a Regional on the line, there was no urgency whatsoever from our lineup.

This team’s postseason will be fleeting. They won’t make it out of a Regional.

I’m focusing on our softball team from here on out.

My goodness. What a whimper of a brief showing in Hoover, Our pitching was solid, but our offense (namely Christian Scott) could only muster ONE HIT??? Why didn’t Coach V let Dreiling pinch hit at some point. With hosting a Regional on the line, there was no urgency whatsoever from our lineup.

This team’s postseason will be fleeting. They won’t make it out of a Regional.

I’m focusing on our softball team from here on out.

Well said, Gal. As always. I won’t give up on these men yet, but I have the same concerns about the lack of urgency today. It’s baseball. It happens. But to have your worst offensive performance of the year the game before regionals isn’t typically what you want.

We have a week to rest up and get our head screwed on straight, which hopefully is just what the doctor ordered. But, it’s hard to look at the road and neutral site performances of this team and be instilled with much confidence. For whatever wild and wacky reason, this team is snakebit when not at home.

It’s truly the weirdest thing.

On the bright side, if this is a “down year” for the Tony V Tennessee Volunteers, we have a bright future ahead of us. One thing is for sure, whether it’s within the next week or in the off-season, this team has to find a new Drew Gilbert. We are sorely lacking a vocal and passionate leader in this ball club. Opposing fans might trash on Gilly Goo Bear for some of his language and cockiness, but hell I would LOVE some of that swagger and leadership right now. It’s been missing all season.

But, you don’t just grow Drew Gilbert’s on trees. That dude was truly a special, special player and we were lucky to see him play in Orange and White. We might never see another player walk onto LNS as good as him. He had that IT factor.

Like I said earlier, I wasn't able to watch.

After reading am confused why Dreiling didn't play. To me he has shown he needs to be in the lineup. Really high on that kid!

Is what it is and never truly know the thinking of the coaches. Still have massive faith in CTV and the players!

Hoping they prove the doubters wrong! GBO!

VN Store

Back