The Official Tennessee vs Texas A&M Round 1 SEC Tourney Game Thread (Tues. 1:45PM EST SEC NETWORK)

Didn’t he do that today?

I don’t know, that’s why I’m asking.

When I think about my college ball, our coaches always tinkered with EVERYTHING if we had a slump on the road. We would eat at different restaurants, have different roommates, change up the pregame routine, etc.

Anything to switch up the mental headspace and turn the game back to “fun” and “keeping it simple”

Last edited:
Reactions: chuckiepoo
I don’t know, that’s why I’m asking.

When I think about my college ball, our coaches always tinkered with EVERYTHING if we had a slump on the road. We would eat at different restaurants, have different roommates, change up the pregame routine, etc.

Halvorsen had never started. The line up was slightly different, aside from Dickey being back in it.

I have, over the course of the year, wondered if the routine on travel days and once at the destination might could be changed up, but I’m reaching, I know that.

We are who we are, we got who we got. There’s gotta be a reason the coaches don’t trust KT, no clue.

For the regional, our lineup really needs to change. Flip/flop Ahuna and Scott, move Burke to the 7 spot.

Meh, other than an outside chance to host this tournament meant nothing. And let’s face it there was very little chance we would be selected to host.

Every host is going to be hoping they don’t get the Vols as #2 seed. I like the underdog role. We have as good a chance as anyone to get hot and make a run. The competition this time of year is brutal, but Vols quality and depth of pitching gives a shot to win any game/regional and beyond. GBO.

Meh, other than an outside chance to host this tournament meant nothing. And let’s face it there was very little chance we would be selected to host.

Every host is going to be hoping they don’t get the Vols as #2 seed. I like the underdog role. We have as good a chance as anyone to get hot and make a run. The competition this time of year is brutal, but Vols quality and depth of pitching gives a shot to win any game/regional and beyond. GBO.

It would be absolute comedy if a SEC #1 seed got paired with a #2 seed UT.

Halvorsen had never started. The line up was slightly different, aside from Dickey being back in it.

I have, over the course of the year, wondered if the routine on travel days and once at the destination might could be changed up, but I’m reaching, I know that.

We are who we are, we got who we got. There’s gotta be a reason the coaches don’t trust KT, no clue.

KT is merely a victim of having too many left handed hitters. Same with Dreiling.

We have a team of 35+ guys, but only three good right hand hitters. Merritt, Moore, Ensley. Zane is better from left side.

It is just a quirk, and CTV will get it fixed for next year.

The quirky part is that you are usually looking for left hand hitters; right handers are dime a dozen.

Thankfully no one really cares about the SEC tournament. All the players can fake care but 100% of coaches and players care 10x more about the NCAAs
Regardless, it was a complete waste of time and money for the team, university officials, and fans to go down there for that pathetic effort. UT is way too proud for that.

Reactions: nashvillepanther
KT is merely a victim of having too many left handed hitters. Same with Dreiling.

We have a team of 35+ guys, but only three good right hand hitters. Merritt, Moore, Ensley. Zane is better from left side.

It is just a quirk, and CTV will get it fixed for next year.

The quirky part is that you are usually looking for left hand hitters; right handers are dime a dozen.

I have to be honest with you - when I saw the score and the number of hits - my immediate take was that A and M must have started a lefty. Not saying it is an Achilles heel - but it is of course.
Lefty - lefty is no fun as a hitter - great fun as a pitcher. We could get hot in the NCAA - but expect to see a ton of left handed pitchers -

I wonder what our record was against lefties - we lit one up for SC if memory serves.
Regroup - and attack the region. Most teams only have one decent left handed pitcher - if that.

VN Store

Back