The Official Tennessee vs Texas A&M Round 1 SEC Tourney Game Thread (Tues. 1:45PM EST SEC NETWORK)

I wonder what the Ole Miss fans were thinking at this exact time last year.

The Ole Miss comparisons are a bit off, at this point. They were questioning whether they would even make the field right now. They made it as a 3 seed. They didn’t go into Hoover hoping to win enough games to host, because that was off the table. Tennessee is likely going to be a 2 seed with a small chance to host.

But like 22 Ole Miss and 21 Miss St., this team has the right pieces if it gets hot, has quality and depth on the mound, and will be well-rested after going winless in Hoover (22 OM was 0-1, 21 MSU was 0-2 and got run-ruled by the Vols).

Last edited:
It's likely.
If you're looking for some grub, try Biscuit Belly in the shopping center (Brock's Gap) near the Met. Holy crap its good.

Also if you like good BBQ, Saw's in Homewood is the jam. Their ribs are magnificent. Jim and Nick's in Hoover near the Galleria is not bad if you want something closer.

Cajun Cleaver has good food to go.

Melt has good sandwiches

Whiskey Foxtrot has good Burgers

Reactions: greasemachine
Knoxville open is this weekend so I’m hoping for no rain on Friday Saturday Sunday

Yes, I agree. I’m going as well. Have not been to the Knox Open since it moved out to Holston. I play out there on occasion with a friend of mine that is a member. That McConnell group has done a nice job with the upgrades to the clubhouse/facilities.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
The Ole Miss comparisons are a bit off, at this point. They were questioning whether they would even make the field right now. They made it as a 3 seed. They didn’t go into Hoover hoping to win enough games to host, because that was off the table. Tennessee is likely going to be a 2 seed with a small chance to host.

But like 22 Ole Miss and 21 Miss St., this team has the right pieces if it gets hot, has quality and depth on the mound, and will be well-rested after going winless in Hoover (22 OM was 0-1, 21 MSU was 0-2 and got run-ruled by the Vols).

We have the pitching for sure. Offense is inconsistent and the defense is just OK. Need to take this time to reset and figure out a few things on offense.

VN Store

Back