The Official Tennessee vs. W. Kentucky Game Thread, 12:21pm ET(09/07/13), SEC Network

If this game is a representation of what is to come, it's going to be a long season. Our Defense is getting ripped apart by WKU and our offense can't do anything thus far. If Worley continues to play this way we need to see what Nate has, because we will not win with Worley at qb. It's going to be another long season.

Reactions: 1 person
Team Stats

WKUTennFirst Downs146Total Yards23685Turnovers60First Downs146Passes for First92Rushes for First54Penalties for First00Third Down Efficiency5-90-5Fourth Down Efficiency0-00-0Total Yards23685Total Plays4623Avg Gain Per Play5.13.7Net Yards Rushing8250Rushes2114Yards Per Rush3.93.6Net Yards Passing15435Comp-Att13-253-9Yards Per Pass6.23.9Times Sacked01Yds Lost To Sacks0-4Interceptions40Punts13Punt Average0.00.0Penalties31Penalty Yards207Fumbles20Fumbles Lost20

wat

We were ultra conservative on 1st and 2nd, then threw deep in third. Just bad
That's what I can't understand. Use 2 plays to run out the clock, miss a pass on 3rd, and now we're punting. Abysmal play-calling/game management on that last drive...as bad as Worley's passing skills.

Agree. Worley's arm is not very good.

He doesn't set his feet very well and when he does he has the slowest release. It starts at his hip and winds it up like he's dodging a bullet in the Matrix. That's a bad combo for a SEC QB. Will get killed by quicker SEC secondaries.

Make it to a bowl game. For the first time ever I feel like we don't even have the team to compete with other SEC teams. I've never seen such a poor effort. If it wasn't for the turnovers, we'd be behind by 30. Worley is just awful. But when he does throw a decent pass, someone like Croom drops it. Just shaking my head and reaching for another drink....

You must not have been around since 2008.

Reactions: 5 people
Make it to a bowl game. For the first time ever I feel like we don't even have the team to compete with other SEC teams. I've never seen such a poor effort. If it wasn't for the turnovers, we'd be behind by 30. Worley is just awful. But when he does throw a decent pass, someone like Croom drops it. Just shaking my head and reaching for another drink....

i'm with you bro. 6-6 would be a miracle at this point. gonna suck to lose to vandy again this year.

I didn't see the O-line getting it done, Neal only had one or two good runs where he penetrated North-South. Worley was horrible in 1st quarter and in second quarter he had two bombs, one dropped and one defended well

Worley left a lot of yards on the field with the read option and not keeping it.

Such poor effort, yet they've forced 6 turnovers and 31 points.. in the first half. So dumb..

Reactions: 5 people
If peterman can't compete against Austin-Peay, then how the hell do you expect him to beat WKU. Just except it, Worley is all we've got this year. Support him and hope he improves his game.

Im not bashing Worley, but peterman played with the 2s and 3s against AP

VN Store

Back