The Official Texas A&M @ #1 Tennessee National Championship Game 1 Thread (Sat. June 22 7:30 EST) (ESPN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This wasnt on the ump. He didnt help but we just didnt show up ready. We missed spots pitching-wise wayy too many times, we didnt punish them enough when they did the same. We didnt field cleanly, we didnt have good approaches in clutch situations. Just didnt do nearly enough right today.
All of this and all of their ground balls were in the gap. They looked like us and we looked like FSU in our 2nd game. Aside from the blunders you mentioned, they caught all the breaks and we couldn’t catch any. They played sound defense, we did not. The ump was awful but that shouldn’t be surprising at this point. You should play well enough that the umps don’t beat you. Hopefully they regroup tomorrow and force a game 3.

Gonna have nights like this sometimes. Digging a hole early is hard to overcome. We managed to overcome it against FSU; but they didn’t have nearly the quality of pitching that ATM has.
Hoping for a better day tomorrow. I believe in these guys.

Tony wanted to stick with the normal rotation because he knows it’s a series and not just one game. A&M is shooting their shot early and hoping they can win it all tomorrow. If they don’t… it’s going to swing to a massive advantage for the Vols in game 3. Never feels good to lose, but it’s a series for a reason. They went with what got them here, and you can’t really fault that.
You can't just erase the last 4 weeks where he has given up runs in the first inning in all but 1 game and the other game he struck out the side then walked the next 3 or 4 batters. We would be better off just starting Causey. Giving up runs in the 1st fired up the crowd, the players and gave the the edge. I just don't get it I guess.

Reactions: Titan05
Beam is going to throw strikes tomorrow. And A&M likes to hunt early in the counts. Defense better get their head in the game. We’ve had enough errors. Cut them out. Play clean ball.

Reactions: vol66
Hopefully, whoever is behind the plate tomorrow in blue won’t be as inconsistent as this jackass tonight.
Not entirely their fault, but they control the game. You’d think they would be vetted and held to a higher standard.
I think CMO tried to do too much and maybe the boys just were a little too confident coming in. Didn’t seem to be dialed in at first, and then they jumped out to a lead and it was too late.
I feel good about the pitching situation, and hopefully those who stunk it up tonight will swing the pendulum back the other way for the Vols.
GB🍊
A&M got a lot of their hits due to the pinpoint strike zone he had for the Tennessee pitchers. Hopefully the plate ump never sees the field again. He stunk it up tonight.

12 hits TN

13 hits AM.

Errors errors errors. And untimely strikeouts.
And leaving all those runners on base. We had plenty of chances, but didn’t get the clutch hits when needed. Aigg Asses, to their credit just killed us on the 2 strike count and hit when it mattered.
We’ll get ‘em tomorrow Patrick

Reactions: patrick
All of this and all of their ground balls were in the gap. They looked like us and we looked like FSU in our 2nd game. Aside from the blunders you mentioned, they caught all the breaks and we couldn’t catch any. They played sound defense, we did not. The ump was awful but that shouldn’t be surprising at this point. You should play well enough that the umps don’t beat you. Hopefully they regroup tomorrow and force a game 3.
All good valid points

Reactions: chuckiepoo
And leaving all those runners on base. We had plenty of chances, but didn’t get the clutch hits when needed. Aigg Asses, to their credit just killed us on the 2 strike count and hit when it mattered.
We’ll get ‘em tomorrow Patrick

Yes indeed Caz.

Vols coming back with a vengeance.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Affected both teams equally.
Wrong. We were not getting the same leniency AT ALL. Ump is not why we gave up runs or booted the ball around…but the ump certainly had a negative impact on our guys’ ability to walk up to the plate with a freaking plan of attack. If you give a pitcher 4 inches below the knees, 4 inches above the belt and occasionally 4 inches off the plate, the hitter stands no chance at all.

This is all about the $$$$ that is why it is going 3 games. Storybook ending with SeChrist ending his career As a Vol. It is all about the money. Watch the calls behind the plate. Burke does not get caught lookinG much less 2 times in one game. The only way this was going 3 games was for TX A&M to win game 1.
You sound like my husband, he thinks it’s rigged but that Vols will lose the series. I’m mad at him right now.

This is all about the $$$$ that is why it is going 3 games. Storybook ending with SeChrist ending his career As a Vol. It is all about the money. Watch the calls behind the plate. Burke does not get caught lookinG much less 2 times in one game. The only way this was going 3 games was for TX A&M to win game 1.
You think a sport that, on the whole LOSES money, is rigged to make money?

Reactions: Titan05
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back