The Official Texas A&M @ #1 Tennessee National Championship Game 1 Thread (Sat. June 22 7:30 EST) (ESPN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean I did.... Check my post history in the RF...... I called for Phillips before he came in..... Someone asked who we had left and I mentioned Loy.
We werent going to burn our best arms down 5.

I don’t do the RF, but I’ll take your word for it. Just trying to look on the bright side of things. I did not see Marcus getting into game one of the CWS, and I’ve been a cheerleader for him.

I don’t do the RF, but I’ll take your word for it. Just trying to look on the bright side of things. I did not see Marcus getting into game one of the CWS, and I’ve been a cheerleader for him.
Just no reason to burn your best arms down 5.
But it sets up perfectly
Beam/Combs
Zander/Snead

Just gotta hit.

For what it's worth ....

In 2018, Oregon State lost Game 1 to Arkansas, and then had to mount a late comeback to win Game 2 .... and then they won the Championship Series in 3 games. That one stands out to me.
I just remember my mouth falling open on that foul ball. I thought at the time they’d never live that down if they lost that game. And I was right. People still post the gif of that play to this day.

For what it's worth ....

In 2018, Oregon State lost Game 1 to Arkansas, and then had to mount a late comeback to win Game 2 .... and then they won the Championship Series in 3 games. That one stands out to me.
Im curious to see what TAMU does tomorrow.

The announcers were thinking Lambert on Monday.... But im wondering if they try to go Lambert/Cortez tomorrow and end this in 2. I think they should know if it goes 3, we have the edge. And splitting your best 2 arms up just seems like theyd be doing us a favor.
On the flip side they could almost concede tomorrow, and bring everyone back Monday in a one game showdown.
A lot of tough decisions to be made tonight for both sides.

I agree. Again, there’s a plan. I’m not sure what it is aside from Burns, but they had| have one…we gotta figure out a way tomorrow. Yes, I’m Captain Obvious.
Tony playing off their ace was a MLB strategy that paid off in several playoff series though out my time watching. You never try to lose.. but selling out to win one game only to put yourself in a bad position to win the bigger picture is stupid.

I think A&M did just that, at least somewhat

Tony playing off their ace was a MLB strategy that paid off in several playoff series though out my time watching. You never try to lose.. but selling out to win one game only to put yourself in a bad position to win the bigger picture is stupid.

We shall see. All. In.

We shall see. All. In.
How many times did the Braves lose a series because a team threw their B guys against Maddux to save the best arms for the rest of the series? I seem to remember that happening a lot but I was a kid. Could be wrong. Felt like after causey was pulled, that was tony’s strategy.

How many times did the Braves lose a series because a team threw their B guys against Maddux to save the best arms for the rest of the series? I seem to remember that happening a lot but I was a kid. Could be wrong. Felt like after causey was pulled, that was tony’s strategy.

I apologize, MLB ain’t my thing, I gave up on that around Willie Stargell and Dave Parker, but I get your point.

I just remember my mouth falling open on that foul ball. I thought at the time they’d never live that down if they lost that game. And I was right. People still post the gif of that play to this day.
One of my favorite CWS moments .... until the Tenn/Florida State game this year.

I think the problem was the 2nd baseman for Arkansas, #20, wanted to make all the celebration highlight videos with that last out. That should never have been his ball. He prevented the 1st baseman from making a much easier play.

Hog fans were inconsolable after that series. Classic stuff.

Last edited:
Fact is TN didn’t play well tonight.

You can’t kick balls around the infield/outfield and expect to win in the College World Series.

You can’t expect win with pitchers leaving balls in the zone when ahead in the count.

17 strike outs.

Tomorrow will be different.

We might have learned from the Notre Dame series, where we burned Ben Joyce in game 1 when we were down a fair amount (book on Notre Dame was not good against righties who throw heat). Then again, we didn't concede in the first game against FSU when we brought in Combs and Snead when we were down. Of course, the initial CWS is forgiving since the games are spaced out. Hopefully were pushing all the right buttons.

Thanks for making me feel older than I already feel…I guess. College Baseball kicks arse!

I think what I just said combined with what tony said here is a big part of why college baseball is exploding in popularity and MLB is falling off the map in national popularity.

Regionally, MLB will always be king in its markets. But ESPN+ changed the game nationally. You can watch any D1 game in the country for $10 a month. You need 7 subscription services or MLBTV for $150+ a year to watch the majors.

We might have learned from the Notre Dame series, where we burned Ben Joyce in game 1 when we were down a fair amount (book on Notre Dame was not good against righties who throw heat). Then again, we didn't concede in the first game against FSU when we brought in Combs and Snead when we were down. Of course, the initial CWS is forgiving since the games are spaced out. Hopefully were pushing all the right buttons.
That series was very surreal being in the stadium. Never felt like it was over until it was. The fans just assumed we would win, and I think the players did too in a way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back