The Official Texas A&M @ #1 Tennessee National Championship Game 1 Thread (Sat. June 22 7:30 EST) (ESPN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't just erase the last 4 weeks where he has given up runs in the first inning in all but 1 game and the other game he struck out the side then walked the next 3 or 4 batters. We would be better off just starting Causey. Giving up runs in the 1st fired up the crowd, the players and gave the the edge. I just don't get it I guess.

There’s clearly an argument to be made against it, but we don’t know the dynamic there. There is no transitive property in baseball, and there is no guarantee that the result would be better with AJ starting instead of Stamos. Baseball coaches and players are superstitious and they are more prone to sticking with what worked versus trying new approaches late in a season. There was 0% they were going to switch it up in game one of the finals. I also think he gets more blame than he is probably due. Defense has had some major mistakes that lead to runs which, in turn, makes his outings look more subpar than they really are.

Just got back to the Marriott. Really proud of our fans on the walk back. No one hanging their head. There was a quiet confidence that was palpable. We believe in this team, because they’ve earned our belief. Let’s win two games and bring home a championship!

This team is pretty good when their backs are against the wall. Schloss wanted this one and I don’t blame him.

CFA had a unique strategy tonight with Phillips and then Loy after Kirby. There’s a plan, not sure what it is but, it sure appears they settled into it pretty early, based on the score. We’re okay.

I’m ok with having a table setter for Causey. I just wonder if a guy like Loy would have been better suited for that role. That’s Monday morning quarterbacking I know. But I do think we’ve seen enough cracks in the Stamos armor in the last month to consider switching it up.

Reactions: Rocky Top T
This team is pretty good when their backs are against the wall. Schloss wanted this one and I don’t blame him.

CFA had a unique strategy tonight with Phillips and then Loy after Kirby. There’s a plan, not sure what it is but, it sure appears they settled into it pretty early, based on the score. We’re okay.
I think that was the if we were behind plan.
We would've seen Combs or Snead ahead or tied.

This is pretty disrespectful to A&M. Hope it doesn’t serve as bulletin board material.

Geez. 50 cent lines are pure theft by books. No one can possibly avoid losing their shirts betting lines like that. No wonder every entity is trying to get into the bookmaking business. Wow.

He misplayed a hit and let it get away from him.
Must not be the same play, the one I'm talking about I think was in the 3rd inning a ball was hit into right field in front of him and he just tossed it back to 2cnd base with a runner going home.

Beam is going to throw strikes tomorrow. And A&M likes to hunt early in the counts. Defense better get their head in the game. We’ve had enough errors. Cut them out. Play clean ball.
I still dont know how we got to Omaha and suddenly decided to just not play defense in the infield lol Chapman's blunders were really the first time the outfield had screwed up in the CWS, but the infield blunders were just awful tonight. There were zero excuses to get beat the way they did tonight. A&M is a good team, but we made it look like they were going to blow us out 15-1 at one point. That is inexcusable in the post-season, especially when it was largely self-inflicted

Loy was once again very good tonight. Maybe we’ll see him again.

I still dont know how we got to Omaha and suddenly decided to just not play defense in the infield lol Chapman's blunders were really the first time the outfield had screwed up in the CWS, but the infield blunders were just awful tonight. There were zero excuses to get beat the way they did tonight. A&M is a good team, but we made it look like they were going to blow us out 15-1 at one point. That is inexcusable in the post-season, especially when it was largely self-inflicted
The infield errors have been the most infuriating to me. If they beat you straight up, so be it, but don’t beat yourselves.

Plan = save your arms and dominate a game three.

Reactions: BradentonVol
I think that was the if we were behind plan.
We would've seen Combs or Snead ahead or tied.

I get that, however…they can hit too. It would really suck to have burned those arms trailing by 5 or so. Again, it’s the bright side. Did anyone have Marcus and Dylan on the bingo card tonight? I didn’t. Invaluable experience.

This is pretty disrespectful to A&M. Hope it doesn’t serve as bulletin board material.

I mean, there is not a good reason as to why their players would concern themselves with those betting lines, is there? I can say with absolute certainty that no coach is going to literally post the lines to one of their own games on a bulletin board. The optics would be terrible.

Reactions: theroyz71
I get that, however…they can hit too. It would really suck to have burned those arms trailing by 5 or so. Again, it’s the bright side. Did anyone have Marcus and Dylan on the bingo card tonight? I didn’t. Invaluable experience.
I mean I did.... Check my post history in the RF...... I called for Phillips before he came in..... Someone asked who we had left and I mentioned Loy.
We werent going to burn our best arms down 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back