The Official Texas A&M @ #1 Tennessee National Championship Game 3 Thread (Mon. June 24 7PM EST) (ESPN)

Apologies if this has been discussed earlier. I'm obviously not in a position to question the coaching, but I'm curious why, after K. Connell pitched so well and cleaned up in the 8th, why he didn't start the 9th inning? What was the strategy to change pitchers to start the 9th?
Well it was Kirby’s ninth game pitching in a row. Tony said he had communication from the dugout that Combs looked really good as well. I’m sure they had metrics on whoever was coming up as well and how they fared against the strengths of each pitcher.

I think there was one point where Snead looked a little off but they left him in vs one of A&M’s best hitters bc of the stats. They have scouting on each players strengths weaknesses.

It was great to win the Natty, but why make it more difficult by playing poor defense. Unearn4ed runs are not the way to win

It was great to win the Natty, but why make it less fun by nitpicking the details of how the Vols unambiguously established themselves as the best team?

VN Store

Back