The Official Texas A&M @ #1 Tennessee National Championship Game 3 Thread (Mon. June 24 7PM EST) (ESPN)

Good morning, Champions!

Fans of the greatest college baseball team in the land, and at the very least, one of very best teams all-time.

Fans of the greatest head baseball coach in the game. And the best staff in the nation.

Fans of the most exciting, highest-character, fun-loving, amazingly talented, and irrepressible baseball players in the nation!

Fans of the best athletics department in the country!

Fans of the orange and white, dark mode, pin stripes, cream, Vols script, and big orange helmets.

Fans of the Hill, Rocky Top, and the hallowed ground of Lindsay Nelson stadium (aka Dong Island).

Fans of the greatest fan base in college athletics!

Good morning, Tennessee Volunteers fans!

We're #1! 🍊

Good morning to you as well, fellow champion! Great post, but couldn’t help myself from making one minor edit!

This is Gold, Jerry. Gold.

Great interview! Kirby like Tony knows how to give a great interview and to speak to recruits as if directly. Great that he gave credit to our best in the country strength and nutrition departments.

Best high schoolers and transfers in the land, you know where to go to be your best and to win, and to win in the grandest style!

Thank you, Stache! What a baller!

After watching the slide at home for the 20th time, I realized what an incredible job it was by the CF for this to even be a play at the plate. He played the weird bounce off the wall perfectly. He could not have got to that ball any quicker, there was no time wasted in making the throw, and he perfectly hit the cutoff man.

That guy's gotta be thinking the universe hates him.

After watching the slide at home for the 20th time, I realized what an incredible job it was by the CF for this to even be a play at the plate. He played the weird bounce off the wall perfectly. He could not have got to that ball any quicker, there was no time wasted in making the throw, and he perfectly hit the cutoff man.
That play was all UT CF Ensley

Reactions: the_great_pumpkin
Yes, that is easy to say now......but one should remember that Aggieland is quite nervous about having Texas zoom in and steal their coach - I mean it would be the ultimate smack in the face just after losing a tough CWS. So it could be that the reporter was pretty much just asking the question everyone down there is wondering about. And Schloss could have put it to bed immediately and with a simple statement. Instead of scolding the reporter. As I said above, Schloss didn't make a definitive statement, to be honest. So I get both views of it.
I'll wager Schloss will remain at TAM.
He was one win short of the title.
I'm sure Texas will be back in the hunt soon, but there's no guarantee of that.

I know it was not at the time, but just going back and reading. The last 3 innings is funny now.
Yeah, I couldn't do it. Knew what it would be about, and I just couldn't. Hung out in a different forum.

Gonna read it tonight, though, and laugh.

What memories these boys have given us. I know it is unlikely, given how valued velocity is, but I hope your boy at least gets a look.
Regardless, he will always be loved in Knoxville, Tn (and beyond!)

Yeah, I couldn't do it. Knew what it would be about, and I just couldn't. Hung out in a different forum.

Gonna read it tonight, though, and laugh.

What memories these boys have given us. I know it is unlikely, given how valued velocity is, but I hope your boy at least gets a look.
Regardless, he will always be loved in Knoxville, Tn (and beyond!)
The championship series game threads have a plethora of bumpable posts. We have a lot of great fans and a lot of morans.

Reactions: KptVFL
I'll wager Schloss will remain at TAM.
He was one win short of the title.
I'm sure Texas will be back in the hunt soon, but there's no guarantee of that.
Sausage-bagel said so directly at the end of his press conference last night when a jerk reporter couldn't wait until morning to ask him about it.

I say "at the end" because he made a forceful answer and then walked out. 😂

I don't mind the guy as someone to beat on the regular. Other than that, I don't really have an opinion except that he did a great job stretching out his pitching in the series and that is a very good team. Well coached. Prolly correct that they were the second-best in the land.

I liked that photo ESPN showed of Tony and Elander on his staff at TCU. Fun to see.

I think he spent too much time making excuses in advance and ESPN wouldn't stop with repeating it. Tony didn't say a word about missing two star pitchers (one to TJ and the other to the portal). Advantage Tony.

I really liked that TAMU never trailed at Omaha until halfway through Game 2 on Sunday. And after that... they never led again! 😁

I do hope Tejas f---s up their hire in some way. GB🍊! The real UT. The real orange. The national champions.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back