The Official Texas A&M @ #1 Tennessee National Championship Game 3 Thread (Mon. June 24 7PM EST) (ESPN)

Ha! Thought the same thing. He would have helped this team no doubt. Is it fair to say his ego got in his way?
Maybe he was the barrier. Winning in the gritty fashion we did is a character thing more than a talent thing (though talent obviously is valuable). Could it be that he was the toxic dude bringing everyone else down?

Not sure if this has been posted yet but I wonder what Chase Burns is thinking today?
People have said Burns wasn't good for the locker room. He left, had a good year and will be a top 5 pick. The Vols lost a locker room cancer, had great chemistry this season and won the National Championship. Probably worked out best for both parties.

I know it was not at the time, but just going back and reading. The last 3 innings is funny now.
It was great ! Proud Papa we're all proud of what all Kirby has done for our baseball team. And thank you for trying to understand the ridiculous opinions of some of our posters. Glad we will still have the presence of that fine young son of yours. Kirby was very instrumental in the championship run. Thanks Preacherman. GBO 🍊

Sausage-bagel said so directly at the end of his press conference last night when a jerk reporter couldn't wait until morning to ask him about it.

I say "at the end" because he made a forceful answer and then walked out. 😂

I don't mind the guy as someone to beat on the regular. Other than that, I don't really have an opinion except that he did a great job stretching out his pitching in the series and that is a very good team. Well coached. Prolly correct that they were the second-best in the land.

I liked that photo ESPN showed of Tony and Elander on his staff at TCU. Fun to see.

I think he spent too much time making excuses in advance and ESPN wouldn't stop with repeating it. Tony didn't say a word about missing two star pitchers (one to TJ and the other to the portal). Advantage Tony.

I really liked that TAMU never trailed at Omaha until halfway through Game 2 on Sunday. And after that... they never led again! 😁

I do hope Tejas f---s up their hire in some way. GB🍊! The real UT. The real orange. The national champions.

Hear Hear Correct GIF - Hear Hear Correct Agree - Discover ...

and an extra like for the use of sausage-bagel!

Last edited:
Reactions: Orange.

VN Store

Back