The Official Texas A&M @ Tennessee Weekend Series Thread (3/24 6:30PM EST SEC NET+) (3/25 Noon EST ESPN 2) (3/26 1PM EST ESPN)

For those more experienced here, what's the purpose of giving a guy one batter (when it's not a matchup situation). I know it's clearly getting them experience but does 1 batter faced really do much for them?

It gives everyone a shot to show what they can do, competition is a good thing. Never know when it’s your turn, give it all ya got.

My dad was in the Air Force. Used to listen to Armed Forces Radio Tennessee vs Bama around 1970 in Madrid Spain. Moved to Lockbourne AFB Ohio and cheered on the Reds in Johnny Bench days. Wound up in McMinnville after dad retired and UT blood orange ever since. Dad would tie the AM radio to a post in the garden and ALLOW my brother and I to listen to Braves while picking weeds. I had a very smart dad. Miss him a lot. We are all Braves fans in my home.
My dad took me to Bench’s steakhouse.
D8370BEF-05E6-4AAD-8C9D-558EF059E06F.jpeg

C423F64C-51F0-4CE8-9B21-5A74837D7F08.jpeg

Reactions: chuckiepoo
For those more experienced here, what's the purpose of giving a guy one batter (when it's not a matchup situation). I know it's clearly getting them experience but does 1 batter faced really do much for them?
That was all 3 match-up. Tony got what he wanted 3 up 3 down now with 6 more outs with 6 batters before you get back to top of lineup.

VN Store

Back