The Official Vandy @ #1 Tennessee SEC Tourney Game 1 Thread (Wed. May 22 5:30PM EST SEC NETWORK)

15b857d3947b0752e3f4366049a5d6c1.gif
This a joke, right? 🤔
I can’t wait for @txbo ’s reaction… 🤣

Reactions: HeadVol77 and txbo
This a joke, right? 🤔
It is not. Some have been doing it and so for SEC to do it, it will be a thing. I think it rears it's head at least twice during this tournament because these guys have never used it and it will be confusing as to when, where, how, and WHY do I touch the green bag. If you don't touch the green bag, you take a chance of being automatically called out.

It is not. Some have been doing it and so for SEC to do it, it will be a thing. I think it rears it's head at least twice during this tournament because these guys have never used it and it will be confusing as to when, where, how, and WHY do I touch the green bag. If you don't touch the green bag, you take a chance of being automatically called out.
Have we had them on the practice field at all this year?

Reactions: KptVFL
Goofy as 60+ softball league

Tickets on sell at allvols site now. Get them for face value. Have to be a season ticket holder though.

Post-season tourneys are so dumb and unnecessary. They're absurd.

Every team just played 30 conference games. I'm quite sure that more than enough to determine which teams deserve a spot in the NCAA tourney
and which don't. But no: Let's play a tournament now to see. Oh, my.

Post-season tourneys are so dumb and unnecessary. They're absurd.

Every team just played 30 conference games. I'm quite sure that more than enough to determine which teams deserve a spot in the NCAA tourney
and which don't. But no: Let's play a tournament now to see. Oh, my.
So which game you watching today?

I'm hearing they will also be testing two home plates to avoid any possible contact.
A second option is to have the catcher 6 feet beyond the plate on the first base side for plays at the plate. If the runner misses the plate the catcher could chase him down and apply a tag. A green tag.

So if you are heading to 1st base, you have to jump over the white bag and hit the green bag? That is stupid. I would think you would be MORE likely to get injured trying to step over the white bag to hit the green bag. What moron (moran) thought this one up?

So if you are heading to 1st base, you have to jump over the white bag and hit the green bag? That is stupid. I would think you would be MORE likely to get injured trying to step over the white bag to hit the green bag. What moron (moran) thought this one up?
You don't have to jump over the white bag. You just run down to first in the runners lane and step on the green bag. If you hit it through the infield, you use the white bag as you round first.

Reactions: Orange. and VetVol
This is why they are looking into the double bag. If you read the rule, technically, the baserunner can't touch first without getting called for interference. This was in a regional, and after the call, Maryland lost the game........

They're side by side (the green being full in foul territory) , it's not in front of it

Reactions: VetVol
This is why they are looking into the double bag. If you read the rule, technically, the baserunner can't touch first without getting called for interference. This was in a regional, and after the call, Maryland lost the game........

Fixes the interference part of the rule, doesn't prevent that collision tho

This is not making much sense. Way to many questions. Is the 1st baseman suppose to touch the green or the white when making an out? What about the runner? Do you have to touch both after a HR? If you miss a base you're out. Why did they make it green? The whole outfield is green. Why not checkerboard the extra base to make it stand out. Who do you complain to when your best player breaks his ankle on it?

I watched that play earlier in the thread. The first baseman was blocking the base. It's old as baseball that you don't block the plate because the runner has the right to run over you. It was a clean play. He should have been safe.

More options to add...how about putting tires between second and third? A long jump pit behind home? Makes about as much sense.

Well hell he should have been out. You can't run inside the line

Check the picture above, they're side by side straddling the line not both in a row. 1st baseman uses the white and the runner the green if there's a play at first. Use the white if you're turning

Reactions: VetVol
Watching the Commode doors vs Flawda. If they can stop cowbells and other forms of team distraction, why not Whistler? He gives a team an obvious advantage. We are the Volunteers. We should fire our long rifles and cannons during the game when opponents are batting or pitching. Sound fair enough?

Reactions: volfan102455

VN Store

Back