The Official Vandy @ #1 Tennessee SEC Tourney Game 1 Thread (Wed. May 22 5:30PM EST SEC NETWORK)

People getting upset, don’t be. We started a guy who has never started and are pitching guys who don’t throw weekends. That should tell you how much the coaches care about this week
Yeah I don’t get the meltdowns going on. Sure it’s vandy but we obviously don’t give a **** about this thing. All we are trying to do is see what pitchers we think can help in the big moments. Unfortunately I think we didn’t get the results we were wanting today.

Russell's day is done after 22 pitches and 2 K's. Phillips to the mound for UT.

Phillips - K

Base hit to RF.

Runner on 1B steals 2B.

2-Run HR to RF.

Ground out to 2B.

Phillips - K

Vandy leads 9-4. Middle of the 7th. Vandy scores 2 runs in the inning.

Phillips is at 23 pitches and 2 K's. UT pitchers have 8 K's on the day.

Reactions: Drewbydoo and vol66
Our lack of depth is the biggest issue with the pitching staff. Snead has a bad outing, but he’s not a starter and the change in role can throw guys off. A lot of poor performances across the board tonight. I know most of these guys won’t pitch in regionals unless we are up big, but the depth all season has been my biggest concern with this team. Pitching dominates in June. Hope we have it…

Tony should’ve saved the pitching experiment for someone other than Vandy. Losing to this team is not ideal. We need a huge inning now.
No…this game/tournament does not matter. We aren’t trying to play in to host spot, or make sure we make the real tournament like Vandy. We are here to see what pitchers can give us solid innings when our main guys are burned. And to see who locks up DH. If we win, that would be cool. Hoover isnt the goal for this team. Omaha is what matters.

VN Store

Back