The Official Zone Severe Weather Thread

I told my hubby that exact thing Saturday afternoon. That sitting in my home, that I love so much and feel so safe in, felt so wrong knowing people were dead and dying just a few hundred miles from me. It feels like survival guilt.
I’d rather think of it as compassion, and realizing how fortunate we can be, gratitude I guess.

At least FEMA was activated on the 26th.

Can we keep the complaining of inequities of the government out now?

Reactions: McDad
I’m sorry, I can’t keep up. I know you didn’t get hit that badly, thank God, but how is your dad’s situation? Is he able to start shoveling out?
Nothing to be sorry about. Dad's fine, thanks. He's pretty much done with clean out, now he's just got to get someone in to replace drywall and cabinets. Again. He said he's not furnishing it for a while. He threw away another $6000 in refrigerators and freezers.

TN has yet to receive its major declaration. Emergency declarations are nice and all but the major designation is what brings the resources needed. Some utilities wont even send crews until major is received....

Nothing to be sorry about. Dad's fine, thanks. He's pretty much done with clean out, now he's just got to get someone in to replace drywall and cabinets. Again. He said he's not furnishing it for a while. He threw away another $6000 in refrigerators and freezers.
Dang Behr (and daddy Behr) throwing away appliances is bad, but losing what is in them many times is worse. Sorry to hear about his place.

TN has yet to receive its major declaration....
I guess not.

I’d rather think of it as compassion, and realizing how fortunate we can be, gratitude I guess.
I certainly think we should all be thankful, if for nothing else our lives. I have feelings of what you and volly have. I also have some personal feelings about it too. Feelings I've been dealing with for over 10 years now.

We're all on our own personal journey and each one is different and unique in its own way. But what a world it would be if we all were headed in the same direction and to the same place?

Dang Behr (and daddy Behr) throwing away appliances is bad, but losing what is in them many times is worse. Sorry to hear about his place.
It's sickening thinking about all the fish that was in those things. A whole spring and summers worth.

Anyway, he'll be the first to say it's just a shame that it's wasted and he's thankful for the enjoyment he had with family and friends catching them and that it's all he lost.

It's sickening thinking about all the fish that was in those things. A whole spring and summers worth.

Anyway, he'll be the first to say it's just a shame that it's wasted and he's thankful for the enjoyment he had with family and friends catching them and that it's all he lost.
Your dad sounds awesome!

We’re in Greenville SC in a hotel for a few days to try to stock up on water and ice. But it will be weeks for water restoration.

On the drive down I-26 today, I saw multiple convoys of emergency repair vehicles heading in the other direction, easily a hundred or more. My eyes had teared up so much that I thought I’d have to pull off the road.

I’m so grateful for people, everyday people, who step up to help their neighbors in need.
Head on south about another hour to Hartwell, GA. My residence for 18 years before coming to TN. Look up Gumlog, or Red Minnow, or Booty's and get you some good ole fashioned fish camp food and bbq.

We're good in Leesburg, not so much across the ridge. We're in for years of reconstruction of everything
hey man glad you're good
my cousin's got a farm between Sulphur Springs and Bowmantown, so I know exactly where you all are....I was thinking you were closer to Telford/Twin Creeks, but bill said you were on that end of Washington County near the Greene County line

Some recent updates we have heard about:

*Family in Brevard now has a way out, so they have escaped.
*We had not heard from Kevin's aunt in Augusta, GA since last week. She had trees down on her property and could not get out + no power, so obviously the reason for no contact.
*Kevin's parents have friends in Black Mountain, NC. They have escaped their home by walking miles out. They have rented a car to leave. Other neighbors can't get out as they don't have the strength. Situations like this are so heartbreaking.

Some recent updates we have heard about:

*Family in Brevard now has a way out, so they have escaped.
*We had not heard from Kevin's aunt in Augusta, GA since last week. She had trees down on her property and could not get out + no power, so obviously the reason for no contact.
*Kevin's parents have friends in Black Mountain, NC. They have escaped their home by walking miles out. They have rented a car to leave. Other neighbors can't get out as they don't have the strength. Situations like this are so heartbreaking.
Hopefully they're all okay. Augusta got hit pretty hard, I have family there who had damage from trees falling.

VN Store

Back