The Open, 2012

Scott doesn't anchor anything to himself to therefore he has no special be benefit, real or imagined.

Lost in all the stpidity and Scott's choke job was Kevin Stallings' victory in Mississippi.

If anchoring is what you have the biggest issue with, Scott's is a completely different setup. Length, or longest you've ever seen, has nothing to do with it.

Again, it's available to all. How does that constitute an unfair advantage?

I'm just old school man. I don't blame any player for using it, if they feel it makes them more steady and consistent. I'd prefer to watch or follow a player using a more conventional putter.

I'm just old school man. I don't blame any player for using it, if they feel it makes them more steady and consistent. I'd prefer to watch or follow a player using a more conventional putter.

Then put a Bullseye in the bag and play. I don't play one. I've messed around with one at my club but it doesn't feel right to me, especially on long putts. But if someone wants to use it, IDGAF.

Watching the last holes of the last round of the open right now, i missed it earlier today. Can someone at the next PGA event punch "in the hole guy" in the mouth!

Watching the last holes of the last round of the open right now, i missed it earlier today. Can someone at the next PGA event punch "in the hole guy" in the mouth!

The 'great shot!' guy before he knows where the ball is going or lands is worse. Especially when the guy hits it in the drink or flies the green.

Don't know about square grooves...nine handicap...I'm a ballerina...got a bridge to sell.

Huh?

I don't know about grooves. I play a launcher driver, Adams 3, calloway 5 and Adams hybrid. My sw is maxfli and gap is Cleveland.
Calloway x12? Were my first sticks and I play x20 pro series now. I pick a driver and 3 based on whats on sale from last year.
If I knew more about grooves, etc, I probably wouldn't have all of those varied sticks in the bag.

Now, I can play in Memphis anytime too. You keep throwing the shots. Well, accept the challenge and stop being a wuss. Your home course fox meadows or audubon?

I would like to see your savvyness on display.

Huh?

I don't know about grooves. I play a launcher driver, Adams 3, calloway 5 and Adams hybrid. My sw is maxfli and gap is Cleveland.
Calloway x12? Were my first sticks and I play x20 pro series now. I pick a driver and 3 based on whats on sale from last year.
If I knew more about grooves, etc, I probably wouldn't have all of those varied sticks in the bag.

Now, I can play in Memphis anytime too. You keep throwing the shots. Well, accept the challenge and stop being a wuss. Your home course fox meadows or audubon?

I would like to see your savvyness on display.

I'll pass. I was a three handicap three months after picking up a club for the first time. That was quite a few years ago. It would be mildly interesting to see how little you know of the game, though.

I'll pass. I was a three handicap three months after picking up a club for the first time. That was quite a few years ago. It would be mildly interesting to see how little you know of the game, though.

Got it. Skeered after throwing little barbs. It's ok.

I know enough to have taught myself by watching others and asking questions, as well as using slo mo on the tv to watch placement of the hands, head, hips, shoulders, etc.
I read a golf magazine one time and read conflicting info about 5 pages apart, and haven't read another.

Don't know how this came to be a knock on my golf knowledge, since I don't like a putter leaning against the chest for a pivot. You got carried away a little.
Don't call someone out unless you want to follow up on it.

Els uses the long putter too, but in his case he's using it because he has a bad back. That's not the case with Adam Scott.

I'm not a fan of the long putter. I think it should be banned.

Scott didn't lose this tournament because of his putter. He lost it because he couldn't stay out of the rough and the sand coming down the stretch.

He's using it because he was missing 2 and 3 footers too often.

Yeah, (LOL) torn ACLs aren't painful. Neither (still LOL) are Achilles' injuries...:birgits_giggle:

I've had 7 knee surgeries on my knee and a torn Achilles. I'm also in the med field and am pretty aware of leg pain.
I think it was a little showmanship. Jmo. Kindof like a guy limping in football or basketball when it really didn't hurt. Athletes on all levels do it.

Cross-handed grip prevents the wrist breakdown as well and stops pulls. Going to outlaw that?

The belly putter is more mental than anything. If there was a clear cut advantage the entire tour would be using. There's not, thus you have an option.

No it doesn't. I see cross handed players pulling putts all the time. The anchor is the "mechanism" that takes the shakes out of it.

I've had 7 knee surgeries on my knee and a torn Achilles. I'm also in the med field and am pretty aware of leg pain.
I think it was a little showmanship. Jmo. Kindof like a guy limping in football or basketball when it really didn't hurt. Athletes on all levels do it.

Are you talking about yesterday after that bunker shot?

Did you notice how he was sitting on the ground and the stress that was on his left leg and knee?

Are you talking about yesterday after that bunker shot?

Did you notice how he was sitting on the ground and the stress that was on his left leg and knee?

Like sitting on the ground with a kid. Again, its jmo. Maybe he was hurt. I think him staring down a triple added a little limp. Plus, I didn't see him shaking it off. It just disappeared by the next tee shot. Tweaking a bad knee generally takes a little longer to shake off.

VN Store

Back