The Open, 2012

Then what is the selling point of a long putter anchored to the belly or stomach?

mental ease. The thought of something new is working when the old plan wasn't anymore. The same reason so many go through so many putters and so many style of putters. Why not ban mallet putters and force players to use blade putters only?

And why stop there? Everyone uses blades for irons. No more cavity backs. No more hybrids, we all gotta learn how to use that three iron. Even having to learn how to use a driving iron.

mental ease. The thought of something new is working when the old plan wasn't anymore. The same reason so many go through so many putters and so many style of putters. Why not ban mallet putters and force players to use blade putters only?

And why stop there? Everyone uses blades for irons. No more cavity backs. No more hybrids, we all gotta learn how to use that three iron. Even having to learn how to use a driving iron.

The best part about is there is more than one way to do it right.

I don't know, comfort? What's the selling point of a 33, 34 or 35" putter?

The selling point of a longer putter is that it adds stability and balance with the anchor and will reduce yips due to the anchor, which also helps with nerves. Scott's deal prevents wrist hinge.

Somebody asked why its a debate, so I answered. There wouldn't be rumors and commentary about a ban if it wasn't a hot topic.

Where does it go though? Elbow to hip attachments to keep your elbows from flying?

The selling point of a longer putter is that it adds stability and balance with the anchor and will reduce yips due to the anchor, which also helps with nerves. Scott's deal prevents wrist hinge.

Somebody asked why its a debate, so I answered. There wouldn't be rumors and commentary about a ban if it wasn't a hot topic.

Where does it go though? Elbow to hip attachments to keep your elbows from flying?

Cross-handed grip prevents the wrist breakdown as well and stops pulls. Going to outlaw that?

The belly putter is more mental than anything. If there was a clear cut advantage the entire tour would be using. There's not, thus you have an option.

Cross-handed grip prevents the wrist breakdown as well and stops pulls. Going to outlaw that?

The belly putter is more mental than anything. If there was a clear cut advantage the entire tour would be using. There's not, thus you have an option.

That's fine. I just don't like it. Doesn't bother me if others do.

after spraying balls all over the course today, I'm challenged as well

I've been playing well. Got over my golf elbow, and playing with it allowed for some handicap maintenaince. Want to try and get to a 7 or 8 by football season.

Strangely, I felt savvy Friday. I played savvily. Probably one of my savviest rounds. I don't recall seeing anyone savvier. Never been that savvied.

My handicap just dropped 7 pts in a month. I'd say I'm savvy for my new Driver. I'm able to hit it anywhere on the course off the deck, including the rough.

golf weed wacker.png

I've been playing well. Got over my golf elbow, and playing with it allowed for some handicap maintenaince. Want to try and get to a 7 or 8 by football season.

Strangely, I felt savvy Friday. I played savvily. Probably one of my savviest rounds. I don't recall seeing anyone savvier. Never been that savvied.

It's amazing what you bring onto yourself.

I don't even know what your argument is right now.

I'm just kidding around the vast majority of the time.
I don't like the long putter. So what.

And the other times your butthurt.

Not liking it and downplaying someones success because of them are two vastly different things.

And the other times your butthurt.

Not liking it and downplaying someones success because of them are two vastly different things.

Dude, you are always butthurt. At least I take time off from it.

And I don't even care enough to downplay someones success. That's added drama for effect. Scott's just stands out because it's the longest I have seen, and I don't think it should be allowed. I don't even have a problem with people who like it. You are trying to create that on your own.

Seems like a good guy and is handling this well. Wish I could pull for him more.

My thoughts on the belly/chest putter have nothing to do with how ridiculous it looks. It's about nerves, hands, wrists and shoulders. Anchoring a putter can take some out of the equation and I don't think golf is meant to be played that way, especially when it's on the line.

You're right. You don't care about it.

Dude, you are always butthurt. At least I take time off from it.

And I don't even care enough to downplay someones success. That's added drama for effect. Scott's just stands out because it's the longest I have seen, and I don't think it should be allowed. I don't even have a problem with people who like it. You are trying to create that on your own.

If anchoring is what you have the biggest issue with, Scott's is a completely different setup. Length, or longest you've ever seen, has nothing to do with it.

Again, it's available to all. How does that constitute an unfair advantage?

VN Store

Back