The "Orange Swarm"

Thanks, been lurking for a long time and was behind Fulmer until this year when it became obvious a change was needed. Kiffin and Gruden were the ones I wanted from the beginning. So, needless to say, I'm a very happy Vol fan today.

Go Vols!

A little surprised at this:

In the interim, Kiffin has retained four offensive assistants from the previous Tennessee staff and said he will interview all four. They are tight ends coach Jason Michael, offensive line coach Greg Adkins, receivers coach Latrell Scott and running backs coach Stan Drayton.

A little surprised at this:

This just shows how smart he is. The retained coaches will be interviewing for their positions by their performance on the recruiting trail. This way he can get the most out of them until he completes his staff.

Jimmy Hyams didn't have much to say after Archie Manning gave Coach O a big stamp of approval. He tore the man to shreads just a few days earlier. Way to man up Jimmy!

Jimmy Hyams didn't have much to say after Archie Manning gave Coach O a big stamp of approval. He tore the man to shreads just a few days earlier. Way to man up Jimmy!

That would be typical of Hyams.

My apologies to hat...didn't see your thread until after posting.

I have to agree with you on that. I just can't see Kiffin putting him on a staff with his family, especially his Dad if he has this type of a reputation. I'm not buying it. He probably just don't put up with any crap and a few softies started the rumor on him.

Pulled this from an article. I'm sure Monte Kiffin & Ed Orgeron would love to work together.

One of Orgeron's biggest fans appears to be Tampa Bay Buccaneers defensive coordinator Monte Kiffin. As Orgeron spoke with a group of reporters about taking the Saints' job, Kiffin chimed in and gave his opinion on Orgeron, who worked with his son, Lane Kiffin, under Carroll at USC. Lane Kiffin just completed his first season as Oakland Raiders coach.

"Let me say something right here, men: This is a ball coach," Kiffin said as he hugged and congratulated Orgeron. "I'm going to tell you right now this guy can flat coach. If you are a great coach, it doesn't matter what level you are at; he will be a great coach in the NFL. I love this guy."

By moving to the NFL, Orgeron will have to give up one of his biggest loves—recruiting. He said there's no doubt he'll miss getting out on the road to recruit, but the opportunity to work with Payton in New Orleans was too good to pass up.

I think most of you guys forget, these guys like Orgeron and Callahan won't be coming here as a head coach. Orgeron won't be leading the entire team in some kind of BS "badazz" screaming event. This is Lane's team

I think most of you guys forget, these guys like Orgeron and Callahan won't be coming here as a head coach. Orgeron won't be leading the entire team in some kind of BS "badazz" screaming event. This is Lane's team

He may, however, still randomly tackle Lane in practice, strip the ball from him, and run in for a touchdown. :post-4-1090547912:

He may, however, still randomly tackle Lane in practice, strip the ball from him, and run in for a touchdown. :post-4-1090547912:

There's no way Coach Lane lets O get the tackle. Now Robert Lane, the former Ole Miss QB, got tackled pretty easily...

I'm pretty sure that LSU lands Chavis or possibly Robinson. If they wanted Orgeron, they would land him, but I don't think he's the top of their list.

anything new about Coach O? personally i want him as a DL coach, and think it is what we need. since chavis is prolly going to LSU, does this mean he will come here?

Actually, it seems like Chavis will end up at Clemson and LSU will land Koennig.

Basically, it looks like O will be at UT or stick at NO next year.

If O comes the intensity level of our play is going to go through the roof. Other than Berry and a couple of others, it's the intensity that's been missing for a few years now...I want it back. I can live with some losses if we bloody their nose in the process and go down kicking and fighting.

VN Store

Back