The Patriot Party (Trump considering creating a 3rd Party)

First of all I don't have time for Facebook. It's bad when you have to fact check fact checkers. Below are facts

Ku Klux Klan

Founded in 1865, the Ku Klux Klan (KKK) extended into almost every southern state by 1870 and became a vehicle for white southern resistance to the Republican Party’s Reconstruction-era policies aimed at establishing political and economic equality for Black Americans. Its members waged an underground campaign of intimidation and violence directed at white and Black Republican leaders

THIS DAY IN HISTORY

DECEMBER 24

1865December 24
KKK founded
In Pulaski, Tennessee, a group of Confederate veterans convenes to form a secret society that they christen the “Ku Klux Klan.” The KKK rapidly grew from a secret social fraternity to a paramilitary force bent on reversing the federal government’s progressive Reconstruction Era-activities in the South, especially policies that elevated the rights of the local African American population.

The name of the Ku Klux Klan was derived from the Greek word kyklos, meaning “circle,” and the Scottish-Gaelic word “clan,” which was probably chosen for the sake of alliteration. Under a platform of philosophized white racial superiority, the group employed violence as a means of pushing back Reconstruction and its enfranchisement of African Americans. Former Confederate General Nathan Bedford Forrest was the KKK’s first grand wizard; in 1869, he unsuccessfully tried to disband it after he grew critical of the Klan’s excessive violence.

KKK founded

Most prominent in counties where the races were relatively equal in number, the KKK engaged in terrorist raids against African Americans and white Republicans at night, employing intimidation, destruction of property, assault, and murder to achieve its aims and influence upcoming elections. In a few Southern states, Republicans organized militia units to break up the Klan. In 1871, the Ku Klux Act passed Congress, authorizing President Ulysses S. Grant to use military force to suppress the KKK. The Ku Klux Act resulted in nine South Carolina counties being placed under martial law and thousands of arrests. In 1882, the U.S. Supreme Court declared the Ku Klux Act unconstitutional, but by that time Reconstruction had ended and the KKK receded for the time being.

I didn't see anything in your post that refuted the sources I cited.

I didn't see anything in your post that refuted the sources I cited.

You probably did not see anything in my post that refuted it because you probably didn't even read it.. You obviously didn't even read past the fact check in the very article you attached... You can't just Google things and depend on some liberal fact checker to tell you the truth. You CAN NOT change history.

From the very article you attached trying to make the claim that historically Democrats are not responsible for the KKK

Klan history
According to a History.com entry on the Klan:
FEATURED FACT-CHECK
By Eric Litke • January 4, 2021
Founded in 1866, the Ku Klux Klan (KKK) extended into almost every southern state by 1870 and became a vehicle for white southern resistance to the Republican Party’s Reconstruction-era policies aimed at establishing political and economic equality for blacks. Its members waged an underground campaign of intimidation and violence directed at white and black Republican leaders.
Though Congress passed legislation designed to curb Klan terrorism, the organization saw its primary goal – the reestablishment of white supremacy – fulfilled through Democratic victories in state legislatures across the South in the 1870s.

Historians weigh in
James Marten, an author and chairman of the history department at Marquette University, disputed the Dane County GOP claim the Klan was "founded" as the military arm of the Democratic party.
"It was at its simplest a secret fraternal organization, but it very quickly became an organization dedicated to preserving white supremacy and intimidating African Americans," he said. "They and other groups like them broke up schools, torched houses, and interfered with black social and church gatherings.

Last edited:
Reactions: vol445
I will one up you and refute this with the very article you attached. You can't just Google things and depend on some liberal fact checker to tell you the truth. You CAN NOT change history.

From the article you attached

Klan history
According to a History.com entry on the Klan:
FEATURED FACT-CHECK
By Eric Litke • January 4, 2021
Founded in 1866, the Ku Klux Klan (KKK) extended into almost every southern state by 1870 and became a vehicle for white southern resistance to the Republican Party’s Reconstruction-era policies aimed at establishing political and economic equality for blacks. Its members waged an underground campaign of intimidation and violence directed at white and black Republican leaders.
Though Congress passed legislation designed to curb Klan terrorism, the organization saw its primary goal – the reestablishment of white supremacy – fulfilled through Democratic victories in state legislatures across the South in the 1870s.

Historians weigh in
James Marten, an author and chairman of the history department at Marquette University, disputed the Dane County GOP claim the Klan was "founded" as the military arm of the Democratic party.
"It was at its simplest a secret fraternal organization, but it very quickly became an organization dedicated to preserving white supremacy and intimidating African Americans," he said. "They and other groups like them broke up schools, torched houses, and interfered with black social and church gatherings.

I'll ask again, where in what you just provided does it refute my sources?

Did you even read what you just copied and pasted?

"Historians weigh in
James Marten, an author and chairman of the history department at Marquette University, disputed the Dane County GOP claim the Klan was "founded" as the military arm of the Democratic party."

Reactions: canitpro
I'll ask again, where in what you just provided does it refute my sources?

Did you even read what you just copied and pasted?

"Historians weigh in
James Marten, an author and chairman of the history department at Marquette University, disputed the Dane County GOP claim the Klan was "founded" as the military arm of the Democratic party."

Read your entire article

Here is an insert from one of the articles I used.. I could do this all day but I don't have the time or the patience..

Most prominent in counties where the races were relatively equal in number, the KKK engaged in terrorist raids against African Americans and white Republicans at night, employing intimidation, destruction of property, assault, and murder to achieve its aims and influence upcoming elections. In a few Southern states, Republicans organized militia units to break up the Klan.

Last edited:
Lmao.

You didn't even read your own link.

Your own freaking link states historians agree factions of the democratic party contributed greatly to the formation of the kkk.

"Factions" "contributed"

Do you hear anyone trying to make the case that it was the "Republican's" were the ones who rioted in the Capitol?

You're so worried about trying to connect the dots, you haven't stopped to think about if you should.

Not only is a "faction" within a party, not the party - it's agenda then isn't remotely the same of what it is now.

You guys look like bozos trying to shoe horn this busted facebook factoid as some sort of gotcha. Quit digging.

Last edited:
I agree with you but the argument was which party was historically responsible for the kkk

Then what freaking difference does it make?

You're trying to use the name of the party as an albatross. The name. Do you realize how mile wide and inch deep that slight is?

In fact, today's Republican party has members who are much more aligned with beliefs and feelings of the 1850 Democrats. You can tell be the way they carry the Confederate flag and whine about the Confederate statues being removed. Pretty easy to spot them, really.

Reactions: Vol Main
Then what freaking difference does it make?

You're trying to use the name of the party as an albatross. The name. Do you realize how mile wide and inch deep that slight is?

In fact, today's Republican party has members who are much more aligned with beliefs and feelings of the 1850 Democrats. You can tell be the way they carry the Confederate flag and whine about the Confederate statues being removed. Pretty easy to spot them, really.

You started this argument hoss and I apologize for bringing facts. I just thought it was pretty hilarious that the very article you linked refuted the "fact check" you attempted to make. I realize there are bad people on both sides of the aisle. I just get sick and tired of hearing about racism every 4 years and Republicans as a whole being labeled as racists.

The fact is that the Democrats use racism every election cycle and then they never do a darn thing to fix rascism when they have the opportunity to fix it. This is todays form of slavery. You vote for dems, we give you free things. If you don't vote Democrat then you must not be back. All Americans should be treated equal and be allowed to do their own research and vote for whomever they think represents their values best.

Trump is the first president in 80 years to leave office with less jobs than when he came in

And the first ever to be impeached twice. The Proud Boys apparently just bailed out on him finally realizing they were played. So should they. get the prize for being the most astute far right conspiratorial alternate right groups?

Reactions: Septic
"Factions" "contributed"

Do you hear anyone trying to make the case that it was the "Republican's" were the ones who rioted in the Capitol?

You're so worried about trying to connect the dots, you haven't stopped to think about if you should.

Not only is a "faction" within a party, not the party - it's agenda then isn't remotely the same of what it is now.

You guys look like bozos trying to shoe horn this busted facebook factoid as some sort of gotcha. Quit digging.

It was a faction of republicans for the most part who stormed the Capitol.

Reality is reality.

That was never what I was concerned about or questioned though.

You started this argument hoss and I apologize for bringing facts. I just thought it was pretty hilarious that the very article you linked refuted the "fact check" you attempted to make. I realize there are bad people on both sides of the aisle. I just get sick and tired of hearing about racism every 4 years and Republicans as a whole being labeled as racists.

The fact is that the Democrats use racism every election cycle and then they never do a darn thing to fix rascism when they have the opportunity to fix it. This is todays form of slavery. You vote for dems, we give you free things. If you don't vote Democrat then you must not be back. All Americans should be treated equal and be allowed to do their own research and vote for whomever they think represents their values best.

I didn't "start" anything and there are too many non sequiturs in here to address, so I wont.

However, pointing out that a "faction" of people who "contributed" to starting the Klan was what was then known as Democrats is akin to the analogy that while all pedo's have mustaches, not everyone who has a mustache is a pedo.

It was a faction of republicans for the most part who stormed the Capitol.

Reality is reality.

That was never what I was concerned about or questioned though.

Agree, but is it fair to say that Republican's were responsible for the 2021 attempted coup/riot at the US Capitol?

I wouldn't. It was an extremist faction.

History isn't going to be kind to these nuts, in 150 years it's not out of the question that these folks will be permanently branded as terrorists and traitors. Does that mean that all Republican's should be labeled as such?

Because that's precisely what's happening with the busted Facebook factoid implying that Democrats started the Klan. I'm just saying that context matters and that it's especially ironic given the folks waiving the flags and wearing the white robes today would dot your eye if you called them Democrats.

Agree, but is it fair to say that Republican's were responsible for the 2021 attempted coup/riot at the US Capitol?

History isn't going to be kind to these nuts, in 150 years it's not out of the question that these folks will be permanently branded as terrorists and traitors. Does that mean that all Republican's should be labeled as such?

Because that's precisely what's happening with the busted Facebook factoid implying that Democrats started the Klan. I'm just saying that context matters and that it's especially ironic given the folks waiving the flags and wearing the white robes today would dot your eye if you called them Democrats.

Not to mention the Dixiecrats became Republicans in the 1960's.

Reactions: AM64

The only way the Democrats or Republicans could technically start anything is if it was done by the DNC or RNC.

I find the Capitol thing honestly a huge false flag though. If they had burned it to the ground then I would have wanted everyone of them hung and I am serious, but by all accounts a large number where actually let in. The situation really concerns me. They are all morons but I think once the charges start getting lowered in actual court at sentencing that it was more stupidity than an insurrection.

I just really think people are getting played right now and we are losing civil rights quickly and everyone needs to be concerned.

Reactions: AM64 and VolinWayne
The only way the Democrats or Republicans could technically start anything is if it was done by the DNC or RNC.

I find the Capitol thing honestly a huge false flag though. If they had burned it to the ground then I would have wanted everyone of them hung and I am serious, but by all accounts a large number where actually let in. The situation really concerns me. They are all morons but I think once the charges start getting lowered in actual court at sentencing that it was more stupidity than an insurrection.

I just really think people are getting played right now and we are losing civil rights quickly and everyone needs to be concerned.

200.gif

Why does that make it a false flag if some were let in?

This is crazy. You can click on pins on the map and check out footage from that spot

Mapping videos of the capitol seige

VN Store

Back