The Plot Thickens: National Archive to provide documents showing that Trump knew his claim of auto declassifying was bogus

When it comes to who is telling the truth, it is germane to point out that a Trump attorney signed a statement saying that no further classified material was being stored on the Mar-a-Lago property. Only for more classified material to later be found.

You’re to much

So if they find classified material in the many, many boxes Biden had, he should face the same consequences.

Reactions: AM64
You’re to much

So if they find classified material in the many, many boxes Biden had, he should face the same consequences.
I don't see either one of them facing any consequences over their handling of classified material. However, that should depend on the content of their material. It is dumb to pretend that all classified material poses the same threat.

... and for the record, CBS News reported that a total of about 20 classified documents were collectively found at the Penn Biden Center and Biden's Wilmington, Delaware home. By contrast, Trump has had more than 300 classified documents taken from Mar-a-Lago since leaving office.

I don't see either one of them facing any consequences over their handling of classified material. However, that should depend on the content of their material. It is dumb to pretend that all classified material poses the same threat.

... and for the record, CBS News reported that a total of about 20 classified documents were collectively found at the Penn Biden Center and Biden's Wilmington, Delaware home. By contrast, Trump has had more than 300 classified documents taken from Mar-a-Lago since leaving office.

Thank you, nothing is going to happen. Thanks for being truthful.

Weak analogy. Not all classified material holds the same consequences for being improperly handled.

A better analogy would be that DUI Manslaughter has more serious ramifications than just a DUI.

A better one would be who classified the documents in the first place and why. If they were legitimate DoD or intelligence agency stuff, that might actually be pretty serious - you can be sure some stuff is just way over classified. However, if it was classified by the WH or most of the BS administration, it's probably nonsensical classification in the first place. Politically expedient or to keep embarrassing facts hidden away. Remember the thing about "transparency" and apparently every president keeping WH visitor logs locked away? The FBI probably classifies what they don't know so they can appear competent ... and the lies they tell during interrogations to get someone to roll over ... for lying to the Feds.

When it comes to who is telling the truth, it is germane to point out that a Trump attorney signed a statement saying that no further classified material was being stored on the Mar-a-Lago property. Only for more classified material to later be found.

According to a previous president, you may have to define a few words to prove that charge. Besides with regard to the charge that there was "no further classified material" wouldn't you have to get into the scope of someone's knowledge and the "what did he know and when did he know it"?

According to a previous president, you may have to define a few words to prove that charge. Besides with regard to the charge that there was "no further classified material" wouldn't you have to get into the scope of someone's knowledge and the "what did he know and when did he know it"?
It seems pretty clear to me that Trump lied to his attorney. Make of that what you will ...

Trump lawyer says there are no more classified documents at Mar-a-Lago

^^^^ From April of 2022 ^^^^

Trump's lawyer signed a statement months ago saying all classified documents had been turned over, report says. The FBI found more during its raid on Mar-a-Lago.

Weeks before Mar-a-Lago search, Trump lawyer signed document saying all classified material had been removed

Trump lawyer in June said classified material had been returned, New York Times reports

^^^^ From August of 2022 ^^^^

You have heard about a left hand not knowing what the right is doing? "That was so and so's job, and as far as I was aware he did it"? Games or too many fingers in the pot? At least somebody claims to have known in this instance that documents were "missing".

You have heard about a left hand not knowing what the right is doing? "That was so and so's job, and as far as I was aware he did it"? Games or too many fingers in the pot? At least somebody claims to have known in this instance that documents were "missing".
The most likely scenario : Trump lied to one of his attorneys.

Is it hard to believe that he would do that?

The most likely scenario : Trump lied to one of his attorneys.

Is it hard to believe that he would do that?

You mean the kind of thing that joe and every other politician does every day? They don't really "lie"; they just mislead and state fact from a different frame of reference. It's common at the top of the corporate world, too.

Reactions: norrislakevol
You mean the kind of thing that joe and every other politician does every day? They don't really "lie"; they just mislead and state fact from a different frame of reference. It's common at the top of the corporate world, too.
I doubt that attorney is quite so dismissive of it.

I doubt that attorney is quite so dismissive of it.

Definitely not since he's the one hung out to dry. Fall guys are available by the dozen in the political world ... some get a nice payoff for being used ... some just get used - probably depends on what they can prove and if they have further uses.

If it's rhetorical ... than it doesn't need to be answered. The question itself is making the intended point.
So you just don’t want to answer.

I’m not surprised you don’t want to answer. LG doesn’t want to answer either, probably for the same reason.

You seem confused over the meaning of "rhetorical."
No I’m not. You claimed it was rhetorical, it is not.

Let’s try a different approach. This is a definition for “collusion” -

“secret agreement or cooperation especially for a deceitful purpose. acting in collusion with the enemy”

In your opinion, was there collusion as defined above?

VN Store

Back