The Red Line: Part Deux

Do you not see the absurdity of your comment?

Its an op-ed. There is NO effect. The only people giving it one are the usual Obama bashers.

why are you ignoring all of the Obama apologists who have turned on him regarding Syria?

In the eyes of the world, the Russians are taking the high moral ground

Who views Russia as a moral authority?

The only reason anyone is going along with this is because Russia has blocked any other kind of international response.

Which is worse, feigned outrage or feigned nonchalance?

In the eyes of the world, the Russians are taking the high moral ground, while we are drowning in a choppy sea of indecision.

Huh?

The people saying that are Obama-bashers. Everyone else is, correctly, pointing out that the only reason we are at this stage is that Obama was tough and took the moral high ground from the getgo.

Do I really need to go back in this thread and show you all the Obama bashers complaining about him being weak? You mean to tell me that Putin has the moral high ground because he proposed a diplomatic solution? A solution created solely by the fact that Obama stuck to his guns? And you are going to credit Putin for this, not Obama !?

That makes no sense. And you know it. And that is what pisses you off. Obama won again.

Reactions: 1 person
Huh?

The people saying that are Obama-bashers. Everyone else is, correctly, pointing out that the only reason we are at this stage is that Obama was tough and took the moral high ground from the getgo.

Do I really need to go back in this thread and show you all the Obama bashers complaining about him being weak? You mean to tell me that Putin has the moral high ground because he proposed a diplomatic solution? A solution created solely by the fact that Obama stuck to his guns? And you are going to credit Putin for this, not Obama !?

That makes no sense. And you know it. And that is what pisses you off. Obama won again.

:post-4-1090547912:

He absolutely has.

Like others, I have my doubts about whether it will stick, i.e. whether the Syrians will really do it. But at this point in time, there is no debate but that this is a huge victory for Obama in the foreign policy and defense areas.

In your own mind perhaps. In the eyes of basically everyone else you don't have a damn clue what you're talking about.

Reactions: 2 people
He absolutely has.

Like others, I have my doubts about whether it will stick, i.e. whether the Syrians will really do it. But at this point in time, there is no debate but that this is a huge victory for Obama in the foreign policy and defense areas.

you, VM and gsvol must buy your delusion drugs at the same pharmacy

Huh?

Two things wrong with the bolded......1) Barry wouldn't know tough unless he had a piece of gristle in his $75 filet at Ruth's Chris, and 2) Using moral and Barry in the same sentence is an oxymoron of colossal proportions.

Two things wrong with the bolded......1) Barry wouldn't know tough unless he had a piece of gristle in his $75 filet at Ruth's Chris, and 2) Using moral and Barry in the same sentence is an oxymoron of colossal proportions.

Good arguments.

Except that they are not arguments and are not good.

I think it is a total disgrace the way some of our politicians and media is praising Putin.

All Putin is doing is doing all he can to keep his ally, Syria from getting bombed.

Putin would not piss on the USA if we were on fire yet he is being praised by these idiot politicians and media.

HEveryone else is, correctly, pointing out that the only reason we are at this stage is that Obama was tough and took the moral high ground from the getgo.

If he was really tough we wouldn't be playing this dancing game with Russia now.

you are conflating issues - one doesn't have to think well of Putin to comment on the effect of his op-ed.

I think Putin is dangerous, a liar, and a serial human rights violator. That doesn't mean his word on the world stage is meaningless or that it should be ignored. It also doesn't mean he isn't showing stronger leadership on the issue.

Sounds like you have a reflexive urge to defend Obama regardless of any situation.

This post saved one of my questions i had regarding what the posters here thought about US-Russia relations.

Huh?

Someone is winning the propaganda war and it isn't us.

Its an op-ed. There is NO effect. The only people giving it one are the usual Obama bashers.

What? Now all op-eds are completely worthless?

When you don't like the message complain that it is meaningless. Even staunch Obama supporters are saying he screwed the pooch here yet you continue to wave the Obama victory flag and dismiss any criticism.

Huh?

The long line of Obama defenders that are trashing him (see Joe Klein as one of many, many examples) are not enough for you?

Putin doesn't have high moral ground but to claim that Obama has won or even any kind of victory here is insane even for you.

He absolutely has.

Why are so many long time Obama supporters in complete disagreement with you on this? Think about that for a while and get back to us.

I think it is a total disgrace the way some of our politicians and media is praising Putin.

All Putin is doing is doing all he can to keep his ally, Syria from getting bombed.

Putin would not piss on the USA if we were on fire yet he is being praised by these idiot politicians and media.

I agree but I haven't seen much praise of Putin here.

I have seen recognition that he is playing the situation must more astutely than our leader.

Claiming he is schooling Obama is not praising him - it's calling balls and strikes IMHO.

Here's an op-ed from Obama - guess no one should have paid any attention to it.

Barack Obama: Toward a 21st-Century Regulatory System - WSJ.com

Do you think he wrote it himself?

How about this one?

Op-ed by President Obama: President Obama Reflects on the Impact of Title IX | The White House

How about this one? 2 leaders wrote this so it should be doubly worthless

Op-Ed by President Obama and Prime Minister Cameron: An alliance the world can count on | The White House

Last edited:

VN Store

Back