The shut down thread

See @37L1 , @Orange_Vol1321 isn't afraid to admit that Trump owns it. Either have the conviction to stand up for your beliefs or don't but stop pretending to be intellectually honest. You want it both ways but are afraid to own the painful part.
Yeah, I lay awake at night because I'm afraid. You're a funny little guy.

Can the Dems end this by negotiating with Trump? Yes.

Are they? No, the government is still shut down.
They are not without ownership in this despite what your mind is telling you to print.

Does Trump bear responsibility? Absolutely. He's to blame too. Both sides own this no matter what anybody says, Trump, or you.

They are not without ownership in this despite what your mind is telling you to print.

Does Trump bear responsibility? Absolutely. He's to blame too. Both sides own this no matter what anybody says, Trump, or you.

What's to negotiate? -Trumps only terms thus far have been "gimmie all the money". It's why McConnel has been MIA, he can't negotiate because no terms from Mr. "Art of the Deal" have been floated.

No wonder this clown has bankrupted so many companies.

Nahh, the GOP could have passed a budget or at least a CR before the Dems took over the house. All of them are to blame.
Why don’t both sides work together and pass something that is veto proof? Instead they cry and wail that Trump is destroying our country and killing even more people. They are lucky so many in this country have no idea how our government works.

Reactions: AM64 and LouderVol
What's to negotiate? -Trumps only terms thus far have been "gimmie all the money". It's why McConnel has been MIA, he can't negotiate because no terms from Mr. "Art of the Deal" have been floated.

He has? How many has he bankrupted? How many does he own? How many does he own a interest in?

If he wanted all the money he should be asking for $25 billion to finish the whole damn thing. The Dems, who for once have become fiscally conservative about the border (but not about anything else, except the military), won't give him squat, even though they could probably get many things that they desire like DACA, infrastructure, etc. They are doing this for political reasons as much as Trump is.

And you refuse to see that. One might ask why but one already knows and one doesn't care what the reason.

If Trump says the shutdown is entirely on him and everything he says is a lie, is it really just on him?

Congress can end this too. They don’t care about the 800,000. Hell, some went on vacation.
Child trafficking isn’t a crime in PR, so I’m sure they’re having fun in their sick minds.

Reactions: AM64

The Dims would rather send $5 billion in aid to help people that can’t come here.

Reactions: ajvol01 and AM64
BS. Very relevant.

Don’t start the week of lazy septic.

Six bankruptcies is an extraordinary amount by any measure. Are you trying to suggest that since he may have interest in dozens of corporations that SIX bankruptcies is a paltry number? FFS, perhaps you're looking at this from a perspective relative standpoint - how many have you had?

The manufactured crisis of a government shutdown to get money for the wall is all on Trump. Earmarking the hell out of it is not the simple solution. The shutdown is all on Trump and only an idiot would argue otherwise.
if he declares the emergency to do it I would put all of that on Trump.

there has been no compromise or working going on here. both sides are sitting on their hills and yelling at each other.

You're wrong. Trump owns this. One side wants to open the government and discuss any and all aspects of border security. The other side will not open the government unless he gets 5.7B to start construction.

Most of them would love to be a tyrant like Lincoln.
I was thinking a more decorum/ownership standpoint. for all his faults Lincoln owned at least most of them. Washington spent a good chunk of his time trying to convince people he wasn't that great.

if he declares the emergency to do it I would put all of that on Trump.

there has been no compromise or working going on here. both sides are sitting on their hills and yelling at each other.
I remember the Dems, after the Bohner fiasco, pushing for clean CR's. Nothing has changed on that stance. Trump waited til the last minute to make demands and try to use the shutdown as a bargaining chip.

This shutdown is 100% on Schumer and Senate democrats

Last month everyone in Washington knew you don't want to be the party who gets blamed for a shutdown--everyone except Trump, that is.

Which was why it was pure gold when Trump got in front of the camera and said he would be proud to shut down the government.

Last month everyone in Washington knew you don't want to be the party who gets blamed for a shutdown--everyone except Trump, that is.

Which was why it was pure gold when Trump got in front of the camera and said he would be proud to shut down the government.
Did the House approve a budget late in December? Simple yes or no please

VN Store

Back