The Supreme Court of the United States Thread

wouldn't need to be the military. plenty of agencies who just got tied back to the various branches of the government.

The ATF rolling in and shooting a executive officer of an Arkansas airport could pretty easily get explained away as some official matter.
I just meant I've literally seen "SEAL team 6" as a hit squad invoked.

It really all just reeks of "This isn't politically helpful to us right here right now so the wailing must begin!" currently brought to you by the same people that were absolutely dead certain only an idiot could question Biden's cognitive abilities just 4 days ago.

It will actually be easier to dig out of bad legislation, the Chevron deference (in a nutshell) prevented people from challenging regulatory agencies because federal judges were instructed to defer to the experts. Now we have two avenues to challenge bad legislation, elections and the courts.
no it won't. elections won't change things, when was the last time congress repealed something?

and the courts will have laws to fall back on. the experts are going to be meaningless in the face of the law.

yeah it might help for some super specific instances of gray, but in the vast majority of applications it isn't going to help with a smaller government.

I disagree and the outcome doesn’t support your premise. They left open the question of whether the overwhelming majority of his conduct was even official conduct. If it was all low-brow politics they could have dumped the case.

It seems like you guys are borrowing talking points from the New York case and I just don’t think they’re transferable. What happened here was actually bad.
All the courts up till today said Trump had no immunity. My premise is that he did in fact have immunity and the SC made it clear that in fact he does. The official vs unofficial acts will be worked out and should have been done beforehand to give higher courts information to review, but the party in power in wanting to keep their power expressed the need for speed over a thorough review of the issues. This of course was to get this in front of the November election.

Not trying to burst any bubbles but I was thinking about deaths outside of the conspiracy realm.

We know Obama killed a dude. I watched Clinton's doj kill the Waco cult.
all those various cases where the federal government finds out in court 10 years after they killed someone that they were in the wrong? Guess what, no one to hold accountable.

as Trump and Biden are showing our elections clearly don't hold anyone accountable. and that would only "punish" them by keeping them out of office, not sending them to jail or whatever appropriate response is needed.

Reactions: McDad
I just meant I've literally seen "SEAL team 6" as a hit squad invoked.

It really all just reeks of "This isn't politically helpful to us right here right now so the wailing must begin!" currently brought to you by the same people that were absolutely dead certain only an idiot could question Biden's cognitive abilities just 4 days ago.
Like I said earlier. The wailing and gnashing of teeth will change sides with every new president.

but it clearly protects the president from the courts. which I see no way of arguing that its pro-small government.

a little more definition from the courts on what all counts, and I would probably feel differently. as it is, it is too open for lawyers to argue about, which just frees up more bad acts imo.

All the courts up till today said Trump had no immunity. My premise is that he did in fact have immunity and the SC made it clear that in fact he does. The official vs unofficial acts will be worked out and should have been done beforehand to give higher courts information to review, but the party in power in wanting to keep their power expressed the need for speed over a thorough review of the issues. This of course was to get this in front of the November election.
Basically, the SC appears to be saying - you couldn't produce a Finding of Facts and Conclusion of Law before this all landed here.

The push back because of the political nature is there for a purpose, fall into a Banana Republic.

Reactions: whodeycin85
It really is a colossal screw up. For months we all watched his public appearances and knew something was wrong. But his inner circle and the sycophants in the media kept proclaiming oh he's good, sharp as attack, fully engaged. All the while they were supporting and spreading the lie, they could have been figuring out a way to replace him gracefully on the ticket. Now they get caught with their pants down and have no viable options. The incompetence is incomprehensible
1719872913922.jpeg

Lincoln got away with it and you are upset with it. this ruling just maybe Lincoln immune, you should be pissed.

Covid changed a lot of things, I think it was another Civil War esque moment of expanded government powers. it hasn't even been a half a decade, long way to go to compare it to the butterfly effect of something from more than 150 years ago.

Dude, my point is that this ruling changes nothing. Presidents have always had general immunity.

no it won't. elections won't change things, when was the last time congress repealed something?

and the courts will have laws to fall back on. the experts are going to be meaningless in the face of the law.

yeah it might help for some super specific instances of gray, but in the vast majority of applications it isn't going to help with a smaller government.

My goodness you have gone into full blown hysteria.

Stop and think for a moment, now actual legislation will have to pass 2 houses of Congress and be signed by the president instead of a few unelected pinheads dictating regulations. And if the legislation is unconstitutional it can be thrown out by the courts instead of them forced to defer to the federal agency that wrote it.

all those various cases where the federal government finds out in court 10 years after they killed someone that they were in the wrong? Guess what, no one to hold accountable.

as Trump and Biden are showing our elections clearly don't hold anyone accountable. and that would only "punish" them by keeping them out of office, not sending them to jail or whatever appropriate response is needed.

When was the last 3 letter agency head held accountable?

"Psyche, b*tches! Let's get drunk and rape some classmates. " - Alito and Kavanaugh

What's wrong with what they said?

That's not a good look.

aa6ad91f-392e-4ff9-a0f5-4a21423f74f0_text.gif

When was the last 3 letter agency head held accountable?

If a government agency did something wrong, its probably time to indict Trump again even if he wasn't around. (that's always the correct answer)

Last edited:
Dude, my point is that this ruling changes nothing. Presidents have always had general immunity.
And the Constitution provides for prosecution of official AND non-official acts of the President. I am a bit surprised at the complete silence on this pont.

Reactions: hog88
not so much this one, but the previous one.

but just imagine if Congress gets serious about its job, and its more official legislative red tape instead of ABC redtape. the ruling didn't make big government illegal, it just changed the type. and the next time it will be harder to dig out because they will actually be codified laws making millions felons for owning an arm brace for a gun.
The ruling did not make Big government illegal - that is correct.

It changed the implementation - and made it much, much harder to install.

Yesterday - unelected bureaucrats from ABC unilaterally make the rules.
Today - two elected houses of Congress must agree on the rules, and an elected President must sign.

I like Today much more.

VN Store

Back