The Supreme Court of the United States Thread

All the courts up till today said Trump had no immunity. My premise is that he did in fact have immunity and the SC made it clear that in fact he does. The official vs unofficial acts will be worked out and should have been done beforehand to give higher courts information to review, but the party in power in wanting to keep their power expressed the need for speed over a thorough review of the issues. This of course was to get this in front of the November election.
I was talking about your premise that this was “low level tactics to maintain power,” but the premise that this immunity was always lurking out there waiting to be discovered or reinforced also seems bad.

This is on par with a right to abortion in terms of constitutional support. The majority opinion is completely lacking any text or history analysis or support. It’s like the 14th amendment case in that regard. It’s just judge made law. Pure pragmatism. The dissent had the only textual argument.

And Roberts acknowledges that it’s an unprecedented situation.

It seems uncharitable to blame lower courts for looking at a blank slate and not making up the same rule as the Supreme Court on the first try, especially when the majority justices are all about text history and tradition.

I don't know the rules of the convention but its a party nomination. Seems like the party ought to be able to oust Biden from being their nominee even if he's unwilling. That's nowhere near a coup. By definition.
No it isn't. It is a nomination by the people that voted for him. Not surprised you can't make a distinction.

I live in fear of presidential assassination since the ruling. I'm as scared as Dick Cheney's hunting buddy.
When I hear a rattle in the garage tonight, will my first thought be - “omg is that ST6?”

I’m not sure you Earls fully appreciate the dire predicament we’ve all been placed in here.

ST6 is out there, and they could be coming for you at any time.

Consequences.

I'm hungry but I'm afraid to leave the hotel room for fear of being assassinated.

What should I do?

VN Store

Back