The Supreme Court of the United States Thread

Yes. That is the remedy for "high crimes and misdemeanors" outlined.

Yeah. I mean I'm not sure if that is addressed in the SC ruling. To me that makes sense for a sitting President and would be the correct remedy. Of course, depending on how it went it might not be reviewable even. He's not a sitting President though.

Congress has a big avenue to drive down over impeachment, the issue is.... you don't do this unless you really should i.e. Banana Republic.

Look, if major editorial boards around the country are calling for him to step aside, if polls show that a majority of the country does not think he is up to the task, if high ranking Dems say its time, and if Dem voters are themselves clamoring for a change, its time for Biden to do the right thing, for the sake of offering up a candidate who give us the best chance to keep Trump out of office.

He's a politician. He craves power. His wife maybe more right now! Not sure he knows what city he is in. Same as last year!

Why weren't people saying this a month ago? Has been obvious for a minimum of 2 years!

He was ran out onstage in that debate to show everyone what everybody with a brain has known for years!

If you replace someone that wins the primary because of others decisions, it's a slippery slope. I stand by that statement.

If he "bows out" is their only chance. JMO! we've all got one. 😉

They are meaningful. But the party choosing to set the result aside for good cause is hardly a coup.

What if information came to light that Trump in fact was on Putin's payroll? I mean, irrefutable evidence of it. Would the GOP be forced to nominate him at the upcoming convention? No, of course not.

If in this case the Dem party decides that Biden is not competent to be POTUS for the next four year,s that his decline is too imminent and substantial, they ought to be able to set aside the primary results, too.

Neither would be a good look. But as is, it seems to me that Biden has next to no chance to win and that it his own ego standing in the way. Reminds me a bit of RBG hanging on for too long. The old guard -- across the board (see e.g. McConnell) have to learn to step aside when the stepping is good.
So a small group of people (the leadership of “the party”) can take it upon themselves to simply discard the votes of the people in the primary process if they decide in their wisdom that the expressed will of the voters is no longer correct?
I think what you are expressing is awfully close to an oligarchy. It definitely isn’t the Democracy that the Administration and liberals keep harping about “defending”.
Maybe we should just refer to the party power wielders who will ultimately decide who the nominee is as “The Central Committee of the Democrat Party”. 😉

He's a politician. He craves power. His wife maybe more right now! Not sure he knows what city he is in. Same as last year!

Why weren't people saying this a month ago? Has been obvious for a minimum of 2 years!

He was ran out onstage in that debate to show everyone what everybody with a brain has known for years!

If you replace someone that wins the primary because of others decisions, it's a slippery slope. I stand by that statement.

If he "bows out" is their only chance. JMO! we've all got one. 😉
Bc a month ago they thought he could win. Now not so much.

Reactions: McDad and KptVFL
Look, if major editorial boards around the country are calling for him to step aside, if polls show that a majority of the country does not think he is up to the task, if high ranking Dems say its time, and if Dem voters are themselves clamoring for a change, its time for Biden to do the right thing, for the sake of offering up a candidate who give us the best chance to keep Trump out of office.
But do we really want to start a precedent in this country where a major political party arbitrarily changes their candidate just because they are losing? That just isn’t the way the game has been played in our history. And the Democrats are always the ones accusing Trump of breaking all political norms?

I ventured out. It's a war zone. Bodies littered everywhere. No survivors. The skies are dark with drones and the buzz of their propellers is deafening. Im hiding in the shadows and under carcasses of the dead.

This may be my last post. If so, I want all of you to know I have never liked any of you.

But do we really want to start a precedent in this country where a major political party arbitrarily changes their candidate just because they are losing? That just isn’t the way the game has been played in our history. And the Democrats are always the ones accusing Trump of breaking all political norms?

I don't think its an issue of whether their charter allows it, but I'm unsure federal and probably state law allows them to conspire in the way they appear to be doing things. (lots of things come to mind)

I'll give them a few days to a week or so, if Joe and Pipe Blower aren't onboard... my guess is all these "news" people start singing a different tune.

They had a plan before the debate, I'm just not sure it was a well thought out plan.

Joe can still win, they'll just have to stop counting in more States in the middle of the night.

Packing the court is back in play..not sure when they will be able to get Senate confirmation and the Executive, but its coming.

Its funny, all the GOPers have been saying for a year or so that Biden it too old and feeble to be President and cannot be reelected. And now, when there is a groundswell of support for that point of view by Dems, suddenly the GOPers want to throw up roadblocks to the Dems replacing him on their ticket.

Just goes to show you, be careful what you wish for.
So does that mean that you now agree that the GOPers were RIGHT all along and that the Democrat political class has been lying to everyone this whole time?

Cool, I can live with that. Thank you!

Reactions: GroverCleveland
“The President is not above the law,” Roberts wrote Monday

hyberbolic inflammed rhetoric by the left.

Reactions: AirVol

VN Store

Back