The (Unofficial) French Open Thread

So long as Wawrinka wraps this baby up, I will have had a satisfactory day.

Berdych is playing STRONG. He's gonna beat Federer in the quarters. Don't bet the farm or anything; I also thought Serena was going to walk through the women's field, and we saw how that worked out. But I just have a hunch that he'll beat Fed.

So long as Wawrinka wraps this baby up, I will have had a satisfactory day.

Berdych is playing STRONG. He's gonna beat Federer in the quarters.
Don't bet the farm or anything; I also thought Serena was going to walk through the women's field, and we saw how that worked out. But I just have a hunch that he'll beat Fed.

This would not surprise me. He is playing great tennis right now.

Wawrinka closed strong. WooHoo!

Mahut and Klizan split their first two sets 6-4 apiece. They are now at 5-5 in the third set, and I swear on all things sacred I think they've been at 5-5 for about 20 minutes now.

I respect the hell out of Nicolas Mahut. He is a very mediocre professional tennis player, especially on clay, which doesn't suit his serve and volley game in any way shape or form. He's basically your classic journeyman player. But that guy is a damn scrapper through and through. And that's something that is very very rarely said about a frenchman.

That's what I was worried about. Oh well, it was a good match.

He served Simon up a breadstick in the 4th set. You don't do that unless you've got some game.

If Baker stays healthy and gets himself in top condition, he could be a top ten player.

Wawrinka closed strong. WooHoo!

Mahut and Klizan split their first two sets 6-4 apiece. They are now at 5-5 in the third set, and I swear on all things sacred I think they've been at 5-5 for about 20 minutes now.

I respect the hell out of Nicolas Mahut. He is a very mediocre professional tennis player, especially on clay, which doesn't suit his serve and volley game in any way shape or form. He's basically your classic journeyman player. But that guy is a damn scrapper through and through. And that's something that is very very rarely said about a frenchman.

Mahut has shown how much of a scrapper he is on more than one occasion. One match in particular stands out, with Isner, of course.

I'm surprised Tsonga is locked up w/ Stebe at a set a piece. I'm not familiar w/ Stebe, though.

Just saw where Varvara Lepchenko beat Jankovich. That's quite the upset, considering I've never even heard of the American Lepchenko.

That stinks about Isner. I figured he would get past Matthieu pretty easily.

I would have thought so until he lost to Davydenko in Rome.* That match convinced me he didn't really have it on clay after all.

That said, I still thought he would prevail against PHM, and I was rooting for him. Bummer.

*Or was it Nice? Can't remember.

I would have thought so until he lost to Davydenko in Rome.* That match convinced me he didn't really have it on clay after all.

That said, I still thought he would prevail against PHM, and I was rooting for him. Bummer.

*Or was it Nice? Can't remember.

Wifey, who watches more tennis than I, thinks it was Nice.

Berdych is on the ropes. I think Kevin Anderson will pull this out. My previous prediction regarding Berdych will therefore be rendered moot and terrible.

Fed will be favored. Something looked off with Berdych. For a while there K.A. was just dominating him.

I know. I was just kidding. Although you were spot on earlier about Berdych's ability to get past Fed. He has looked great, except maybe today. I just got to watch a bit of the match w/ Andersonon French Open tonight, but they didn't show much - they have to get to kissing Novak's butt.

VN Store

Back