The Who’s Roger Daltrey Slams ‘The Woke Generation’: They’re Creating a ‘Miserable World for Themselves,’ ‘We’ve Seen the Communist System Fail’

Cancelling the who is like cancelling the Beatles. Have the band is dead and the living half has so much money they dont need any new sales.

Besides the who died when moon died.

Band was never the same when everyone knew there was no longer a chance the drummer may accidentally blow them all up on stage.

Cancelling the who is like cancelling the Beatles. Have the band is dead and the living half has so much money they dont need any new sales.

Besides the who died when moon died.

Band was never the same when everyone knew there was no longer a chance the drummer may accidentally blow them all up on stage.
You know Daltrey had to punch a couple of them in those early years to keep them in line. True. He never did any hard drugs like the rest if them. I'm sure he still takes a toke recreationally

Reactions: NEO
Oh look another boomer having a get off my lawn moment.
FeistyAlertCorydorascatfish-small.gif

2nd most overrated band behind Led Zeppelin, I have never understood the obsession with The Who. Do they have some good songs? Yes. Have their songs stood the test of time? Meh, not sure about that, Pinball Wizard is beyond horrendous now as is Who are You and My Generation. Baba O’Riley, Behind Blue Eyes (although it’s some goofy concept album song villain), and Won’t Get Fooled Again are still pretty timeless.

Both are great but I tend to agree, the song cycle of Tommy is more linear and easier to understand but Quadrophenia is better in my opinion.
I don’t think kids these days even care about albums since everything is digital. How can you properly interpret the true artistry without having the whole thing? I enjoy a good single as much as the next person but it’s taken out of context. Of course with today’s music that likely doesn’t matter much. People don’t have the patience to listen to an entire album.

Reactions: AM64
I haven’t listened to them a lot over the last 30 years. This thread prompted me to hit them up on Spotify. They are a great band. Some that didn’t live in the 60s or 70s just don’t understand (bless their hearts). Easily in the top 5 of the British Invasion acts.

Collectively and individually at the very top of the list of greatest rhythm combos in the history of Rock music. Listen to JE’s “lead” bass solo on My Generation for just one example. Many rate KM as the best drummer ever.

Pete is possibly the greatest song writer in the genre. He’s also an underrated rhythm guitarist, but he really doesn’t play lead solos.

Daltry… great front man. I don’t care much for Pete’s singing, but Eminence Front was an awesome tune as the MTV generation was changing the landscape.

Just about all music emerging from the mid-60s will sound dated 50 plus years later. But they, like the Beatles and the Stones, adapted their sound for the late 60s and the 70s. The Who were filling up the biggest venues in the country as the calendar flipped to the 1980s. Mighty fine run they had. I think that they kind of started shutting it down after Cincinnati.

Edit: and Squeeze Box. How they managed to get that past censors and in regular rotation on Top 40 radio stations was an amazing feat.

Bonus points to Pete for beyatch slapping Abbie Hoffman with his guitar.

Last edited:
Reactions: allvol123 and AM64
RogerDaltrey1-640x480.jpg

Roger Daltrey, the lead singer of the rock band The Who, says it’s “terrifying” to see “the woke generation” creating a “miserable world” for themselves.

“The woke generation — it’s terrifying, the miserable world they’re going to create for themselves,” the rocker said in a recent interview with DJ Zane Lowe on Apple Music.

“I mean, anyone who’s lived a life — and you see what they’re doing — you just know that it’s a route to nowhere, especially when you’ve lived through the periods of a life that we’ve had the privilege to,” Daltrey added. “I mean, we’ve had the golden era. There’s no doubt about that.”

Watch below:

The Who's Roger Daltrey Slams 'The Woke Generation': They're Creating a 'Miserable World for Themselves,' 'We've Seen the Communist System Fail'

Who cares what celebrities say or think?

Isn't that what you say on the right?

2nd most overrated band behind Led Zeppelin, I have never understood the obsession with The Who. Do they have some good songs? Yes. Have their songs stood the test of time? Meh, not sure about that, Pinball Wizard is beyond horrendous now as is Who are You and My Generation. Baba O’Riley, Behind Blue Eyes (although it’s some goofy concept album song villain), and Won’t Get Fooled Again are still pretty timeless.
You probably enjoy listening to Miley Cyrus when you are driving to the mall.

Reactions: Franklin Pierce
I don’t think kids these days even care about albums since everything is digital. How can you properly interpret the true artistry without having the whole thing? I enjoy a good single as much as the next person but it’s taken out of context. Of course with today’s music that likely doesn’t matter much. People don’t have the patience to listen to an entire album.

Daltrey admitted he’s working on a musical solo project but has no idea if he’d ever release it. And what about another Who record? “We've talked about it, but it's not going to be easy,” Daltrey said. Quotes like this give insight into why he feels this way:

"Why would I make a record? I would have to pay to make a record. There's no royalties so I can't see that ever happening. There's no record business. How do you get the money to make the records? I don't know. I'm certainly not going to pay money to give my music away free. I can't afford to do that. I've got other things I could waste the money on."

But what about digital music? “You get paid for streaming, my ass,” Daltrey said. “Musicians are getting robbed every day. And now it's creeping into film and television, everything now. You notice, the Internet is a slowly but surely destructive thing in all ways.”

https://www.billboard.com/articles/...y-interview-streaming-internet-music-rob-2016

Fair, so I'm sure you feel the same way when LeBron is asked in post games as he has been several times.
When their opinion is asked I think it’s reasonable to answer. And at some point I think the answer should be “look I’ve answered this question multiple times now just stick with those answers”.

and I’ll just state for the record now for when it happens when Daltrey posts a picture of a London Bobby and says “you’re next!” he’s completely wrong and should have his ass whipped.

Reactions: Franklin Pierce
And that's different this time because ....

For one he’s being interviewed. It’s not like he’s in front of a live audience yelling F*** BIDEN. It’s not like he’s on a daily TV show pushing his agenda with the help of the network. He’s not stealing the spotlight during a pregame ritual to honor his flag and country. Basically he’s not in our face attempting to lead impressionable sheep. He stated his opinion of what he’s observed and he’s not using disgusting tactics against those that disagree with him.

So, in the anti-woke rocker camp, we have Daltry, Glen Danzig, and Johnny Rotten.

Lol.

I say this as a Misfits fan, because I separate the art from the artist.

So, in the anti-woke rocker camp, we have Daltry, Glen Danzig, and Johnny Rotten.

Lol.

I say this as a Misfits fan, because I separate the art from the artist.
As do I for the most part. I am going to see Roger Waters this summer and he's a huge liberal douche. Great music writer though.

Reactions: Orangeburst

VN Store

Back