The Woke Olympics

You can talk about the behavior all you want and I can tell you it isn’t normal every time. MEN have historically displayed dominance in a variety of ways for a variety of reasons. I suppose homosexuals have as well…..until they roll up on the wrong MAN.

The historical behavior I was discussing was actually practiced by heterosexual men. Including men with many wives and concubines.

America has tons of faults. But we are still the greatest country. Just because we “rank 7th” in some made up category doesn’t mean anything more than opinion. Our country has 380 million people of more diverse backgrounds, faces, religions than any other country and have more freedom. Our country overall is the best. Period. It’s not blind patriotism.
There are several reasons that every other country has thousands of people trying to immigrate here yearly

😂 "objective metrics are no match for my personal opinion."

People migrate all over the world, every day.

Reactions: NashVol11
I only use it during discussions about or with LGBTQIA individuals as a way to clarify. Otherwise, it's not part of most anyone's daily talk.

I also have He/Him/His in my email signatures, but that's because I am tired of being referred to as MrsG. I was named after Mr Wilkes in Gone with the Wind, a name that has since joined Kelly and Shannon and Leslie and others in being appropriated by the fairer sex.
Mrs. G?

giphy.gif

My freshman year at UT, I started out assigned to the women's side of Hess Hall because housing thought I'd filled out the form wrong. Ashley can't possibly be a guy's name, right?
Facts of Life. Different Strokes.

You get these are all puns, right?

My freshman year at UT, I started out assigned to the women's side of Hess Hall because housing thought I'd filled out the form wrong. Ashley can't possibly be a guy's name, right?

Now that's what you call opportunity! I've known at least one guy named Ashley - and not from a movie BTW.

Reactions: AshG
so which country is objectively better than the US across the board?

The ones where you've decided the ranked categorys were "made up?" I mean, you say you eschew those metrics and though you're not inserting "blind patriotism" but that the the U.S. is "the best."

The best at what?

My guess is you don't really know much about the rest of the country's that are on our planet. As usual, your insight is a mile wide and an inch deep.

The ones where you've decided the ranked categorys were "made up?" I mean, you say you eschew those metrics and though you're not inserting "blind patriotism" but that the the U.S. is "the best."

The best at what?

My guess is you don't really know much about the rest of the country's that are on our planet. As usual, your insight is a mile wide and an inch deep.
I’ve been to 19 other countries. And I know enough history, geography and politics to know the pros and cons of most major countries. The fact you can’t answer my question points to you just being contrary for the point of argument or debate

I’ve been to 19 other countries. And I know enough history, geography and politics to know the pros and cons of most major countries. The fact you can’t answer my question points to you just being contrary for the point of argument or debate

Lol, you literally said you didn't care about catagorical rankings. Instead you've decided your totally not biased opinion has concluded that the US is the "best." Again, if you're going to ignore catagorical rankings and stake an anecdotal claim, be prepared to support your claim with statistics or other objective facts.

I suppose it should be noted that you often seem to foist your personal experiences or beliefs are substitutes for facts or objectivity.

Reactions: USAFgolferVol
Lol, you literally said you didn't care about catagorical rankings. Instead you've decided your totally not biased opinion has concluded that the US is the "best." Again, if you're going to ignore catagorical rankings and stake an anecdotal claim, be prepared to support your claim with statistics or other objective facts.

I suppose it should be noted that you often seem to foist your personal experiences or beliefs are substitutes for facts or objectivity.
Actually experience and first hand knowledge along with educational study all go a long way. I said overall. Which is true. I’m sure the US may rank 26th in some meaningless ranking like number of mental ill trans people who commit suicide by firearm however objectively across the board the US is the best country overall.
I can recognize that despite the US being the best country, they have some issues like any other country does. Doesn’t mean we are perfect. We are just better across the board than any other country.

Posters who want to be contrary or “edgy” want to point out our flaws which is fine. But they aren’t taking in a lot of facts in those rankings when comparing the US to say Norway or Luxembourg. Such as population, diversity, history, etc. it’s easy to say “in tHiS rANkINg tHE US RaNkZ bEhInD MoNACCo in GanG ShOoTins”

Reactions: AM64

In what country do you currently live?

In what country do you currently live?

The country in which I was born, happenstance. No one is suggesting that the U.S. isn't a great place to live, but the notion American exceptionalism is nothing more than willful ignorance that there are other great places on this planet as well. Many do things much better than the U.S. does, it's not a slight - it's simply fact. When people like @Rickyvol77 reconcile that people pointing out the flaws in our government and culture aren't an assault on his patriotism, perhaps we'll start trying to get better.

VN Store

Back