The Woke Olympics

I know this is probably in jest, but let's be clear, this is according to a literary character who was a complete buffoon.

Americans are so good at so many things and so we can afford to ignore the stuff we don't win at and just focus on the areas where we are #1. It's kind of a funny phenomena. Panama beat us out of the last world cup. We probably would have lost in the group stage and been mad and made fun of our team. Panamanians are crying tears of joy at hearing their national anthem for the first time ever at the world cup. They cheered like they won the whole thing when they scored their one and only goal, down 6-1.

A cynical USA fan might laugh at all that, but that person probably didn't do anything big in their life, like play in a world cup.

Winning an Olympic medal is a phenomenal accomplishment. Winning gold is better.

You merely played 2 sports in college with apparently no real success (or you would have been bragging about it) and you're saying 3rd in the world is unacceptable.

Nobody gives a **** about your state championships, dude. It doesn't validate your bad opinion or make you a winner.

I bet you can throw a pigskin over them mountains.

Whatever level you are physically capable of competing at the goal should be to be the best.

Reactions: whodeycin85
D3? Where? D3 doesn't give athletic scholarships. If you started on a high school team, that's usually good enough to play D3 sports
In MI. It was a partial athletic and academic...i choose them to play both sport...Pennsylvania University wanted me to focus on football. But i loved baseball more..and it paid off 2 years later at a tryout

How ashamed are you for not achieving more? I mean these olympians resume makes yours laughably stupid. What age did you realize you were accepting mediocrity in yourself? What social justice issue distracted you from competing at a world class level? Did your parents disown you for being such an abject failure? Also you sound like this idiot

View attachment 384946
Lol. I accepted that I wasn't talented enough to reach the top level...and stopped playing after 2 years to focus on life...

I wasn't responding to you, but feel free to share your greatest achievements in athletic competitions

I don't have any great individual athletic achievements. Team sports, a couple state baseball championships, 1 runner up. 1 runner up football state championship, 1 NAIA football national championship and 2nd place Army Best Sniper Competition. Again I say I wasn't particularly happy with any 2nd place finish but I'm also an extremely competitive person.

I'm sure any of our silver or bronze medalists look back and analyze what they could have done different to get the gold because they aren't satisfied with 2nd or 3rd. If not they need to move on to something else.

Did you win any collegiate championships?

You peaked in high school, bro.
We made the playoffs..but didnt win...some would say being paid to play a sport professionally would be a peak..but having not reached the pinnacle of that sport..it didn't seem like something to brag about

Neither are these highest level athletes. However I posted a response from one of the swimmers who felt proud of her silver. She also had other golds and knows how it feels to win.

Many of these athletes are world champs at some point, and are still the top 1 or 2 in the entire USA, in their career but are being called losers because of one race. I just don't understand it

They're not loosers. They just lost a race/event.

Reactions: AM64 and Rickyvol77
I have not brought up 1 politcal argument..it been all SJW isssue...and focus on competition...

Same difference - you're butthurt because you disagree with a few athletes having opinions and that hurts your delicate sensibilities.

You're soft.

And the ones who whine about this can never name a better country ever. Because they know it won’t hold up when examined

What is being whined about? The fact that you're using personal opinion to subvert quantifiable metrics and how you're screeching about how you aren't biased in your claim?

Go through these below and discredit study after study that demonstrates where America isn't the "best" at any of them or "across the board." Keep in mind none of them are libtard hating rags that are out to stick it to you or your sensibilities.

Be sure to show your work when you discredit or brush away the findings below.

Alternatively, perhaps you could share some meaningful metrics on areas that make the U.S. "da best" without it being subjective to your personal bias? Or feel free to capitulate that while America is a great place to live in broad terms, there's really nothing exceptional enough to be thumping your chest or making the claims you're making that aren't personal feelz.

Economic Freedom Ranking: 20

Personal, Civil, and Economic freedom: 17
This sixth annual index uses 76 distinct indicators of personal and economic freedom in the following areas:
  • Rule of Law
  • Security and Safety
  • Movement
  • Religion
  • Association, Assembly, and Civil Society
  • Expression and Information
  • Identity and Relationships
  • Size of Government
  • Legal System and Property Rights
  • Access to Sound Money
  • Freedom to Trade Internationally
  • Regulation of Credit, Labor, and Business

U.S. News 2021 Best Countries: 6
(The Methodology)

Healthcare: 37

Crime: 48th Percentile

Diversity: ~25th Percentile

Justice: 11

Rule of Law: 21

Life expectancy: 46

Infant Mortality Rate: 51

Happiness Index: ? >20

Reactions: NashVol11
What is being whined about? The fact that you're using personal opinion to subvert quantifiable metrics and how you're screeching about how you aren't biased in your claim?

Go through these below and discredit study after study that demonstrates where America isn't the "best" at any of them or "across the board." Keep in mind none of them are libtard hating rags that are out to stick it to you or your sensibilities.

Be sure to show your work when you discredit or brush away the findings below.

Alternatively, perhaps you could share some meaningful metrics on areas that make the U.S. "da best" without it being subjective to your personal bias? Or feel free to capitulate that while America is a great place to live in broad terms, there's really nothing exceptional enough to be thumping your chest or making the claims you're making that aren't personal feelz.

Economic Freedom Ranking: 20

Personal, Civil, and Economic freedom: 17
This sixth annual index uses 76 distinct indicators of personal and economic freedom in the following areas:
  • Rule of Law
  • Security and Safety
  • Movement
  • Religion
  • Association, Assembly, and Civil Society
  • Expression and Information
  • Identity and Relationships
  • Size of Government
  • Legal System and Property Rights
  • Access to Sound Money
  • Freedom to Trade Internationally
  • Regulation of Credit, Labor, and Business