The WRASSLIN’ Thread

Well, if that wasn't the most predictable ending that everyone could see happening from a mile away. I wasn't too crazy about the match either to be honest (SummerSlam main event) I wasn't blown away by it,but there was some good matches IMO (Brock/Cody... Women's triple threat, Paul/Ricochet and Balor/Rollins stood out to me.)

I think this whole Bloodline storyline has to be coming to an end,and Cody "finishing the story", hopefully by Survival Series.

I'm assuming that WWE wants Cody to beat him at Mania, unless Dwayne materializes. Rock is 51 so you have to think they aren't going to stick the belt on him.
I’ve thought all along that The Rock coming back to show Roman just who is really the Tribal Chief would be a great way to end that storyline and Roman could take time off, reset, and come back with something new.

Reactions: knoxvol52
I’ve thought all along that The Rock coming back to show Roman just who is really the Tribal Chief would be a great way to end that storyline and Roman could take time off, reset, and come back with something new.
You're not wrong. But it robs Cody of his moment at Mania. It won't have the same impact if he wins the title elsewhere.

The Rock can't hold the belt for a year. So Cody would have to take it from him at some other event. That would be a huge moment. It would be a shame if didn't happen at Mania.

Now if the Rock were to win the big belt at the Rumble....

Last edited:
Reactions: knoxvol52
That match suddenly went off the rails, and I have no idea why. Eveyone in the arena looked as lost as I was.

I admittedly have suffered from Roman fatigue for over a year…

The match never got on the rails. Roman’s entrance was too long, the piece about placing the tribal lei was long, actually starting the match after the bell rang took too long. The pacing was never good during the entire match. There was no rhythm, very little story telling, and to be that slow of a match, it went entirely too long. They lost the crowd just a few minutes in.

I admittedly have suffered from Roman fatigue for over a year…

The match never got on the rails. Roman’s entrance was too long, the piece about placing the tribal lei was long, actually starting the match after the bell rang took too long. The pacing was never good during the entire match. There was no rhythm, very little story telling, and to be that slow of a match, it went entirely too long. They lost the crowd just a few minutes in.
I meant Punk vs Starks on Collision.

The SS main event was meh. But I'm kind of sick of Roman and assumed I was missing something where I don't watch weekly.

VN Store

Back