The WRASSLIN’ Thread

Well, if that wasn't the most predictable ending that everyone could see happening from a mile away. I wasn't too crazy about the match either to be honest (SummerSlam main event) I wasn't blown away by it,but there was some good matches IMO (Brock/Cody... Women's triple threat, Paul/Ricochet and Balor/Rollins stood out to me.)

I think this whole Bloodline storyline has to be coming to an end,and Cody "finishing the story", hopefully by Survival Series.
There’s still Jimmy vs Jey, a 3way match with Solo in the gray and probably a Fatal 4 way to end it all. The storyline still has legs.

I may be done with WWE totally. What an underwhelming ppv. SummerSlam is supposed to be second only to Wrestlemania with the twists and swerves and excitement. It really had none of that. I'm glad I watched Collision over this junk.

The only good matches were Logan Paul/Ricochet, but the ending was terrible. And the women's triple threat was really good. Probably the match of the night.

Brock and Cody was okay, but I felt like it was the same match they had at Backlash.

Seth and Finn Balor was ho hum. Some good moments. Saw the ending coming from a mile away.

I usually enjoy Gunther's matches but that was just boring. I don't know if it was because I don't really care for McIntyre or what.

Rousey and Baszler was just a joke.

The Battle Royal had some entertaining moments, but anyone that didn't think Knight was going to win it is an idiot.

I'm so sick of Roman Reigns and the "acknowledge me" sh*t. Acknowledge my grundle with this Bloodline crap. It was a good story for like 6 months, but it's just like they don't know what to do with these guys other than this. I've said it before, Reigns is terrible professional wrestler. He is the embodiment of the sports entertainer however. Jey Uso is a great professional wrestler. He belongs in the top tier.

I may be done with WWE totally. What an underwhelming ppv. SummerSlam is supposed to be second only to Wrestlemania with the twists and swerves and excitement. It really had none of that. I'm glad I watched Collision over this junk.

The only good matches were Logan Paul/Ricochet, but the ending was terrible. And the women's triple threat was really good. Probably the match of the night.

Brock and Cody was okay, but I felt like it was the same match they had at Backlash.

Seth and Finn Balor was ho hum. Some good moments. Saw the ending coming from a mile away.

I usually enjoy Gunther's matches but that was just boring. I don't know if it was because I don't really care for McIntyre or what.

Rousey and Baszler was just a joke.

The Battle Royal had some entertaining moments, but anyone that didn't think Knight was going to win it is an idiot.

I'm so sick of Roman Reigns and the "acknowledge me" sh*t. Acknowledge my grundle with this Bloodline crap. It was a good story for like 6 months, but it's just like they don't know what to do with these guys other than this. I've said it before, Reigns is terrible professional wrestler. He is the embodiment of the sports entertainer however. Jey Uso is a great professional wrestler. He belongs in the top tier.
I thought he battle royal was good. Brock vs Cody too, and I don't usually care for either of them.

Everything else was meh. Except Rousey vs Baszler. That was just bad.

Ricochet needs to leave WWE. The match tonight shows what WWE thinks of him. Paul got the lion's share of the offense and went over on a cheap gimmick to boot. He'll never be more than a glorified jobber in WWE.

I thought he battle royal was good. Brock vs Cody too, and I don't usually care for either of them.

Everything else was meh. Except Rousey vs Baszler. That was just bad.

Ricochet needs to leave WWE. The match tonight shows what WWE thinks of him. Paul got the lion's share of the offense and went over on a cheap gimmick to boot. He'll never be more than a glorified jobber in WWE.
Ricochet will fly to AEW upon his future release he is just a card filler!!!!

I'm now seeing why they created a new World Heavyweight Championship with Rollins being the fighting champion. Roman has become the part time champion and now he's doing movies.

While I enjoyed a few of the matches,I have to agree that SummerSlam was very underwhelming this year (and very predictable)
Although I enjoyed the Io cash in.

Logan Paul is a side show. An extremely athletic side show. But a side show none the less. Losing to him does no one any favors.
I don't know if a lot of wrestlers actually care about winning titles all that much. A year ago Sami Zayn said his favorite thing he's done in wrestling was his Wrestlemania match against Johnny Knoxville. I bet Ricochet is happy where he where he gets to see Samantha all the time. I know I would be lol.

I don't know if a lot of wrestlers actually care about winning titles all that much. A year ago Sami Zayn said his favorite thing he's done in wrestling was his Wrestlemania match against Johnny Knoxville. I bet Ricochet is happy where he where he gets to see Samantha all the time. I know I would be lol.
Wanting to be with his wife is a draw I'm sure. But it would be better for his career to leave.

The same as it would probably be better for Wardlow and Hook to go to WWE. I have no idea what he'll do. But if he wants more than being a glorified jobber, he won't get it in WWE.

I think he might fit in Japan better than AEW anyway. Can you imagine a feud with Ospreay?

Reactions: VolInNorthCack
I think you are discounting Logan Paul’s popularity. More people now know Ricochet’s name than have ever heard of AEW.
How did losing to Paul make Ricochet more popular? He's just a name that's part of Paul's side gig. Even if it did, how does being popular with people who don't watch wrestling help a wrestler?

How did losing to Paul make Ricochet more popular? He's just a name that's part of Paul's side gig. Even if it did, how does being popular with people who don't watch wrestling help a wrestler?
What “helps a wrestler” besides popularity?

Working his ass off and risking his health doing crazy stunts in front of 5,000 “people who watch wrestling” is good for his career?

As Ben laid out above, no telling what motivates these guys. It’s probably not being a scripted champion. It’s probably money. It’s probably spending time with his wife. It’s probably not impressing a niche indie wrestling diehard.

They are entertainers. They aren’t actually wrestlers.

What “helps a wrestler” besides popularity?

Working his ass and risking his health doing crazy stunts in front of 5,000 “people who watch wrestling” is good for his career?

As Ben laid out above, no telling what motivates these guys. It’s probably not being a scripted champion. It’s probably money. It’s probably spending time with his wife. It’s probably not impressing a niche indie wrestling diehard.

They are entertainers. They aren’t actually wrestlers.
Being popular with people that don't watch wrestling isn't going to get him paid more. It doesn't help ratings or put butts in seats. I still don't see how losing to Paul even makes him more popular. Career jobbers don't tend to make big bucks. If money motivates you, you need to be at the top of the card. I understand if he wants to stay where his wife works and there is nothing wrong with that.

I'll take niche indie wrestling diehard as a complement. Never been accused of that one before

Being popular with people that don't watch wrestling isn't going to get him paid more. It doesn't help ratings or put butts in seats. I still don't see how losing to Paul even makes him more popular. Career jobbers don't tend to make big bucks. If money motivates you, you need to be at the top of the card. I understand if he wants to stay where his wife works and there is nothing wrong with that.

I'll take niche indie wrestling diehard as a complement. Never been accused of that one before
Take whatever you want as a complement or not, it was all generalities.

We disagree significantly on what moves the needle though. A very interesting take for you to dismiss being in a match with Logan Paul and then mention ratings and butts in seats.

Logan Paul’s reach is a multitude of most all other wrestlers combined.

Take whatever you want as a complement or not, it was all generalities.

We disagree significantly on what moves the needle though. A very interesting take for you to dismiss being in a match with Logan Paul and then mention ratings and butts in seats.

Logan Paul’s reach is a multitude of most all other wrestlers combined.
Drawing power is exactly why WWE has Paul on the roster. I don't deny Logan can do that for WWE. I don't see how losing to him improves Ricochet’s drawing power.

Reactions: knoxvol52
I will say in regards to Ricochet,he was at least on the SummerSlam card where Rhea Ripley,Trish Stratus and Becky Lynch weren't.

I will say that as athletic as Logan Paul is,I'd like to see him and AJ Styles have a solid match before AJ calls it a day.

Last edited:
Summerslam was underwhelming and lengthy.
-Matches of the night were Ricochet/Paul, Rhodes/Lesnar, Gunther/Mcintyre

-The triple threat womens title match was a trainwreck (too much walking to spots, too much camera catching the women orchestrating the match)

-The Shayna/Rousey match was a trainwreck as well.

-WWE wants their womens division to succeed so much, but they left their best heel (Ripley) off the card

Raw last night was a little underwhelming especially coming off Summerslam. New Day coming back was pretty cool, the tease of McDonagh joining Judgement Day was good, but I still don't get The Judgement Day kind of looking weak for the second event in a row. I know they're teasing an implosion between Priest and Balor, but on the eve of Dominik defending the NXT North American Title, I believe they should've went over in that match.

Let's see what the next few weeks hold.

To add to the Ricochet discussion above, I think a lot of people forget or don't even know that Ricochet was in New Japan and other various big indy promotions well before he showed up in WWE. He is a seasoned veteran and he knows just as well that losing to Paul adds to the story and gives him a feel good ending whenever they decide to do that. I do believe though that Paul needs to be more involved in story lines and more of a regular on Raw.

VN Store

Back