The WRASSLIN’ Thread

Summerslam was underwhelming and lengthy.
-Matches of the night were Ricochet/Paul, Rhodes/Lesnar, Gunther/Mcintyre

-The triple threat womens title match was a trainwreck (too much walking to spots, too much camera catching the women orchestrating the match)

-The Shayna/Rousey match was a trainwreck as well.

-WWE wants their womens division to succeed so much, but they left their best heel (Ripley) off the card

Raw last night was a little underwhelming especially coming off Summerslam. New Day coming back was pretty cool, the tease of McDonagh joining Judgement Day was good, but I still don't get The Judgement Day kind of looking weak for the second event in a row. I know they're teasing an implosion between Priest and Balor, but on the eve of Dominik defending the NXT North American Title, I believe they should've went over in that match.

Let's see what the next few weeks hold.

To add to the Ricochet discussion above, I think a lot of people forget or don't even know that Ricochet was in New Japan and other various big indy promotions well before he showed up in WWE. He is a seasoned veteran and he knows just as well that losing to Paul adds to the story and gives him a feel good ending whenever they decide to do that. I do believe though that Paul needs to be more involved in story lines and more of a regular on Raw.
If Brock isn't winning I'm disappointed 😞😞😞

I had no problem with Gable winning due to the hometown crowd ,and his 5 minute challenge against Gunther last week. It was also a feel good story with his son. However,I thought it was strange putting Ricochet in the 4 way considering he already lost at SummerSlam (They could have put anyone in that spot) so I definitely agree with you there.

I think a change of scenery would be great for Ricochet. Maybe head back to NXT. It's done wonders for other Main roster talent looking to reinvent themselves.

That doesn't surprise me about Steamboat,@VolInNorthCack . He's got a great mind for the business,and that helped put Starks over big.

Watching it now. Kind of anticlimactic for the JAS. I expected a brawl at least.

Jeff Hardy looked a little more spry than he has recently.
Last nights episode was pretty good, I expect an incredible go home episode for Wembley on the 23rd here in Duluth, GA. I'll be in attendance, hope they don't let me down lol.

Last nights episode was pretty good, I expect an incredible go home episode for Wembley on the 23rd here in Duluth, GA. I'll be in attendance, hope they don't let me down lol.
The Wembley card is shaping up nicely. I imagine you'll get a great show just before. That is going to be a huge event for them and they'll want to go into it with a bang. I'd like to see a little more heat on a couple of the matches though. The top of the card seems a little to civil right now.

How about RVD? He looked great for a 50 year old.

Reactions: VolInNorthCack
The Wembley card is shaping up nicely. I imagine you'll get a great show just before. That is going to be a huge event for them and they'll want to go into it with a bang. I'd like to see a little more heat on a couple of the matches though. The top of the card seems a little to civil right now.

How about RVD? He looked great for a 50 year old.
Man RVD looked great. I did notice the age showing a little bit later on in the match, but that's okay. I fully expect either a MJF or Adam Cole turn at Wembley. That trampoline park segment was pure gold.

Man RVD looked great. I did notice the age showing a little bit later on in the match, but that's okay. I fully expect either a MJF or Adam Cole turn at Wembley. That trampoline park segment was pure gold.
I almost don't want that to end. If they win the tag titles on the pre show I'm not going to know what to think.

Reactions: VolInNorthCack
Good heavens wish Sting would just give it up I know he is an Icon but like Ric Flair when is enough ,enough and I love Ric probably my favorite of All Time...
I'm glad he got his last run. It's been better than anyone would have thought. But I hope Wembley is his last hurrah. At least as far as in ring work goes.

Seeing where Roman Reigns has injury from SummerSlam or is it just BS????

[WATCH] Footage of the moment Roman Reigns possibly got injured at SummerSlam 2023

Yeah, definitely looks legit. Like @JCHateSteve said though, I don't think he was going to do much anyway after this. Seems like they're booking him as an MMA champion who defends his belt every 3 to 5 months. I guess it's easier to draw it out to WrestleMania this way.

That also explains why the match fell a little flat.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back