The WRASSLIN’ Thread

Looked that way. Also,after the crowd response,Takeshita was the MVP of that match. The guy is super over and due for a main event push.
Takeshita is the future for sure. I mean Swerve, Takeshita, Ospreay, Garcia, Perry, MJF, Darby... AEW is stacked for the future. As long as everybody stays put.

They wouldn't even be on the same show before now. Sometime in the 90s CMLL's booker left to start AAA and took quite a bit of young talent with him after creative differences with the family that owns CMLL. There has been heat ever since.

Here is a link with details.

Revolution of Wrestling: The Mexican Wrestling Wars
Thank you for the link!

"In one of the most brutal attacks, AAA wrestlers invaded the Mexico City Arena where CMLL was hosting and viciously assaulted a large number of the promotion's wrestlers and fans.
This continued for almost two days, leading to the arrests of nearly 40 people, as well as the deaths of two wrestlers and three fans who had been severely injured in the riots."

Yeah, they wasn't playing around back then

I expected more shenanigans than that frankly. Amazing match though. I'm sure we'll see Ospreay part with The Family soon.
I think he has a "legitimate gripe" (in pro wrestling world) for a rematch due to Callis interference in the match. That may be the impetus for him leaving the group.

Overall, another fantastic ppv. I am loving seeing all these wrestlers from other companies. I am still stunned beyond belief that NJPW would let a wrestler under contract to another company hold their championship. That still just boggles my mind. But in the end it worked out.

I don't think it was their best PPV this year, but it was still just top tier.

I think he has a "legitimate gripe" (in pro wrestling world) for a rematch due to Callis interference in the match. That may be the impetus for him leaving the group.

Overall, another fantastic ppv. I am loving seeing all these wrestlers from other companies. I am still stunned beyond belief that NJPW would let a wrestler under contract to another company hold their championship. That still just boggles my mind. But in the end it worked out.

I don't think it was their best PPV this year, but it was still just top tier.
Not sure anything will top the Ospreay Danielson match from earlier this year. I think they are going to hold off on Ospreay winning the World Title until Wembley 2025.

I think NJPW wanted Mox for the name recognition. He's been wrestling there more than AEW while he had the belt. It was a good short term pop for them. Having Mone hold the Strong Title is the same deal. They get a big name westerner for a short stint without having to sign them.

Not sure anything will top the Ospreay Danielson match from earlier this year. I think they are going to hold off on Ospreay winning the World Title until Wembley 2025.

I think NJPW wanted Mox for the name recognition. He's been wrestling there more than AEW while he had the belt. It was a good short term pop for them. Having Mone hold the Strong Title is the same deal. They get a big name westerner for a short stint without having to sign them.
But what are they getting out of it other than that? If none of their wrestlers are holding any belts from the other company, it makes it feel inferior. Like they are only getting over to "win back" their titles.

VN Store

Back