The WRASSLIN’ Thread

So Rampage was pretty much the Don Callis show this week. But I have a question. Where the heck is Will Hobbs?

Also, does anyone believe someone other than Mariah May is going to win the women's Owen?

I didn't see Rampage, but I've noticed the trend of guys on AEW going AWOL after being regularly featured.

It's leaning that way with Mariah May,and the PPV in London.

It's hard to keep up with. I vaguely remember when it happened.

Ricky Starks is MIA. He seemed to injure himself too but I read where he said he's good to go. I have a feeling he's on the way out.
I saw the same on Ricky and tend to agree. It's a real shame. He is super talented. I expect he'll do well in WWE though.

Well, I guess they didn't have any ideas for the men's MITB. Drew earlier today says if he wins,he will cash in the same night,cashes in and loses. Jey Uso or LA Knight would have been better choices had that been the case. Of course I don't know HHH and his long term booking.

Tiffany is the future of the women's division so smart choice. I'm wondering who Cenas last opponent will be? I always thought Angles should have been Cena,but Vince was determined to have it be Corbin.

Reactions: knoxvol52
Well, I guess they didn't have any ideas for the men's MITB. Drew earlier today says if he wins,he will cash in the same night,cashes in and loses. Jey Uso or LA Knight would have been better choices had that been the case. Of course I don't know HHH and his long term booking.

Tiffany is the future of the women's division so smart choice. I'm wondering who Cenas last opponent will be? I always thought Angles should have been Cena,but Vince was determined to have it be Corbin.
Drew winning and Punk screwing him, again, just adds to their feud. I get why they did it but i wish the MITB match hadn't been wasted on it.

Collision review

It was the $hit$

Only decent matches were Mariah vs. Shida and Hanger vs. Switchblade. Everything else was $hit

I'm sorry if I offend anyone but Riho is horrible. Everyone she wrestles has to carry her. She needs to be released as soon as possible. She adds absolutely nothing to the company. She doesn't do promos, she has no charisma whatsoever. Lady Frost should get a medal for carrying her through that match. It was just brutally awful. I would LOVE for Lady Frost get a push. She deserves more than Riho.

Hanger and Switchblade was great. Just like Christian said... He needs to distance himself from the bang bang gang.

The promo from MJF was okay. Not anywhere near his best.

Claudio and Black Taurus, Beast Mortos... Whatever he is called now was okay. But everyone knew the outcome. And it was just the same old thing from Claudio. Ho hum.

Toni and Trish was decent. But nobody thought Trish had any chance to win. So it was fast forward to the end.

I love the Iron Savages/Bear Country. They need a tag title run.

Not a good Collision. Not too long ago it was Dynamite that could take a few notes from Collision, now it's the other way around. Just a disappointing show except for a few matches.

While I didn't watch the MIB. I did watch most of the pre & post game shows on the WWE YouTube. It was great seeing Big E he has a great voice and I think could make a great play by play guy in the future. Not sure who they have in mind when it comes time for Michael Cole to hang it up.

Collision review

It was the $hit$

Only decent matches were Mariah vs. Shida and Hanger vs. Switchblade. Everything else was $hit

I'm sorry if I offend anyone but Riho is horrible. Everyone she wrestles has to carry her. She needs to be released as soon as possible. She adds absolutely nothing to the company. She doesn't do promos, she has no charisma whatsoever. Lady Frost should get a medal for carrying her through that match. It was just brutally awful. I would LOVE for Lady Frost get a push. She deserves more than Riho.

Hanger and Switchblade was great. Just like Christian said... He needs to distance himself from the bang bang gang.

Claudio and Black Taurus, Beast Mortos... Whatever he is called now was okay. But everyone knew the outcome. And it was just the same old thing from Claudio. Ho hum.

Toni and Trish was decent. But nobody thought Trish had any chance to win. So it was fast forward to the end.

Not a good Collision. Not too long ago it was Dynamite that could take a few notes from Collision, now it's the other way around. Just a disappointing show except for a few matches.
It was not the the best outing by Collison tonight.

I wish AEW would kill Rampage and Bring back Dark. Every week, I feel like you could have a great show if you took the good matches from Rapage and Collision and made one show. Having the youngsters on YouTube work'd and drummed up "grass roots" interest for the main shows. I'm not sure of the dates, but I would love to compare AEW's TV rating before and after they ditched Dark and went to the "ROH" model.

I'm going to defend Claudio's match though. He delivers a good/great match everytime he sets foot in the ring. Black Taurus needed a good match to try get people interested. What Castagnoli needs is a good rival. He was way more interesting before Kingston got hurt. They should feed him to Mox.

Last edited:
What was the horrendous booking decision? Triple H has been great so far.

MITB comes around once a year, it should be special, to completely waste one right away just to “advance” a story was a bit silly. I get there had to be a failure or two cash ins at some point but there’s been loads now. No need to waste one at this point. You could have just had Punk cost him the MITB match itself. I’m not a fan of Jey Uso really but he’s crazy over, give it to him or LA Knight who is also crazy over. But nope let’s just waste it because we have no faith in anyone else besides Gunther as a future world champion atm apparently.

People seem to mostly be enjoying WWE atm which is great, but I don’t know. Not feeling it as much as I want to. Maybe I’m just a bit burnt out on wrestling as whole lately. It’s a lot better than Vince but that’s not exactly sayings a lot. I really enjoy RAW tbh so maybe I’m being a bit harsh but Smackdown not so much. Get that below average Sikoa off my television please lol. Maybe im secretly just pissed HHH is doing absolutely nothing with Nakamura, Andrade (other than losing a now pointless MITB match) and some of these other guys I thought he would really get behind because Vince never would. I suppose DYI just won the tag, but I’m not even sure why they’re a tag at this point in time anyways. And I feel like the women’s division has took a massive hit lately, I don’t know what it is, but doesn’t feel very focused on. Bayley feels floundering, LIV storyline has been entertaining but the title itself is a bit of after thought now. Tiffany Stratton is great though so let’s see what that holds in the future. Maybe I’m nitpicking, but that MITB match felt very similar to when Brock pointlessly won it that one year. Just a waste of damn time. And that I quit match with Cody and Styles that copy and paste ending from the Copeland and Christian match was so lame. Push Jade Cargill to the moon, already feeling her aura die from being in a pointless tag team.

lol anyways kinda fun to ramble about it though, it’s been a minute.

If Punk just costs him the MITB match it's not as big as a deal, he waited until he won it to cost him his opportunity for the title. It stings way more. And Jade Cargill is a botch machine, she doesn't need to be pushed yet.

LA Knight wasn't gonna win because Cody is a babyface, Knight wouldn't cash in on Cody. Then on Raw you can see that Priest is on his way to becoming a babyface, Jey wouldn't cash on him. Had to be a heel and it's a big piece to add to the Punk/Drew, while also reigning the Seth/Punk story.

Last edited:
If Punk just costs him the MITB match it's not as big as a deal, he waited until he won it to cost him his opportunity for the title. It stings way more. And Jade Cargill is a botch machine, she doesn't need to be pushed yet.

LA Knight wasn't gonna win because Cody is a babyface, Knight wouldn't cash in on Cody. Then on Raw you can see that Priest is on his way to becoming a babyface, Jey wouldn't cash on him. Had to be a heel and it's a big piece to add to the Punk/Drew, while also reigning the Seth/Punk story.
I thought both MitB matches had some great spots.

You don't have to like results to understand how they push the story. And WWE is very story driven. From what I've seen in AEW, great technical wrestling, but less story being told. WWE, the technical aspects are sometimes lacking, but they're always telling a story.

My biggest disappointment with MitB was no Wyatt Sicks spot.

While I didn't watch the MIB. I did watch most of the pre & post game shows on the WWE YouTube. It was great seeing Big E he has a great voice and I think could make a great play by play guy in the future. Not sure who they have in mind when it comes time for Michael Cole to hang it up.
Cory Graves looks to be the choice on Smackdown. As for Raw who knows maybe Bad News Barrett.

Collision review

It was the $hit$

Ouch! That bad,eh? Yeah, I've never been a fan of Riho. She requires a massive suspension of disbelief in the ring, and isn't that good if you ask me. I hated that things didn't work out for whatever reason for Lady Frost in TNA because I'm a fan.

HHH and his booking are so far in advance so I kind of understood last night's men's MITB cash in. I was a little surprised about Bron not winning,but I guess they don't feel that he's ready.

I'm wondering if they're having Hangman win the Owen Hart tournament. It makes sense with the Elite storyline going on.

Also,Seth was truly screwed on that epic 3 count botch .... in all seriousness, It did look like Damien got rattled and it could have been a flash KO. Poor Damien has had bad luck with botches during his title reign. I just figured I'd add this here and edit it. Just got around to checking that out.. I didn't see the show due to being out of town last night and saw the results and highlights.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back