The WRASSLIN’ Thread

I was impressed by her match at Forbidden Door. I think she looked better than Mercedes. Both women's matches were solid that night. NXT would be a good fit as they need better talent and more international talent like Vaquer and Gulia would be a huge get.

I was impressed by her match at Forbidden Door. I think she looked better than Mercedes. Both women's matches were solid that night. NXT would be a good fit as they need better talent and more international talent like Vaquer and Gulia would be a huge get.
She would probably be allowed to work those dates if she were heading to AEW. So WWE is the obvious landing spot. I doubt anyone would burn the bridge with CMLL and NJPW to go to TNA.

The press release doesn't give me the "warm fuzzies" from her previous employer. They don't even wish her well. I'm not sure AEW would touch her so long as it has affiliations with the other 2 either. I hope she does well in WWE. If she washes out she'll likely have limited landing spots.

Last edited:
Well,I was expecting Mariah to turn on Toni,but not quite a bloody mess like that. The match with Willow was a little botchy so hopefully the Toni/Mariah match is a bit better. I think there's a triple threat happening between Danielson, Swerve and Page.

As bad as Collision was, Dynamite was freaking awesome!!!

The Mariah turn was magnificent. I was expecting Toni to turn on her. But that was fricking awesome.

Danielson and Hangman was great as well. Didn't live up to their other matches and I expected Hangman to win.

The 4-way was fantastic as well. Please give PAC a push. He needs to be in the world title picture. Dude is a bad man.

Joe and Jericho was good. Good finish to keep that feud going.

Great show. Still just hyped over the Mariah turn. That was so well done.

Just finished Dynamite...Loved it...top to bottom...except Mone/DMD. I am somewhat shocked by how meh Mone has been.

I love Swerve, and this promo was better than some, but he tends to get lost in his thoughts on the mic. He gets it as well as anyone in the ring, though, so I can overlook that as long as he keeps improving.

Dragon/Hanger was great..and I agree it was different from the previous encounters. I think Dragon is selling it as different, though. He's clearly going out on his shield and he's doing a really good job of setting up that eventual moment. I like Hanger loitering around the fringes of the Elite...lots of potential there. I could see the main event going the way of a triple threat at Wembley. Okada does so much when saying so little. I guess thats part of the Okada aura, but he's been really fun.

I, too, am not ashamed to admit that I am caught in the Jericho Vortex. Damn him, too. He's so, so good at knowing when to pivot. Bill and Keith are PERFECT for that group. I'm not sold on Hook...he rushes EVERYTHING...but pairing him with Joe was 100% the right move.

Willow/Mariah was meh, but holy cow...what a turn! Those shoe shots were gnarly. A nasty, memorable visual and just an incredible sell job by Toni. I love her gimmick, as well. All involved should be praised; this whole post-match segment was absolutely brilliant.

Really interested to see where we're going with MJF/Ospreay...and Pac, possibly???

so…the year is 2024 and AEW has surpassed WWE in terms of women’s wrestling. Wow. I woulda laughed at the thought a year or two ago. But it’s not even close right now. AEW is killing it with the ladies. And in general two really good dynamites back to back. Starting to feel like 2021 a bit again for them.

Last edited:
As bad as Collision was, Dynamite was freaking awesome!!!

The Mariah turn was magnificent. I was expecting Toni to turn on her. But that was fricking awesome.

Danielson and Hangman was great as well. Didn't live up to their other matches and I expected Hangman to win.

The 4-way was fantastic as well. Please give PAC a push. He needs to be in the world title picture. Dude is a bad man.

Joe and Jericho was good. Good finish to keep that feud going.

Great show. Still just hyped over the Mariah turn. That was so well done.

I actually liked Collision for the first time in forever, shows you how subjective wrestling can be sometimes haha

so…the year is 2024 and AEW has surprised WWE in terms of women’s wrestling. Wow. I woulda laughed at the thought a year or two ago. But it’s not even close right now. AEW is killing it with the ladies. And in general two really good dynamites back to back. Starting to feel like 2021 a bit again for them.
An Hayter has yet to figure in the mix somehow.

Agree on the women’s division. It has grown so much.

Three feuds with major heat going. I’m not a big DMD fan but I think Mone comes off way better as a heel.
Mone is definitely better as a heel. Then again I feel the same way about DMD.

Vaquer sure benefited from her match with Mone. Willow looked good against her too. Mercedes still has the in ring chops. Unlike Saraya. But I'm not quite sold on the CEO character.

Now we just need to get Athena out of that black hole known as ROH. Mark Briscoe appears on AEW tv all the time as the male champion, not sure why Athena can’t.
I think she is nursing an injury right now. It's tied into a storyline. So not sure how bad it is. But it appears to be a work an injury into the story type situation.

AEW needs to get ROH a propper tv deal or put it on YouTube. The paywall model blows. Maybe it will go to Max along with a new TV deal?🤞

If she can continue to show how talented she is,and has good booking in WWE/NXT, it will be a moot point. However, if she somehow fizzles out,I don't think many companies will want to take a chance on her outside of maybe TNA.
The in ring part won't be a problem for her, I don't think. I have very little read on her as far as mic skills though. I've really only heard her that one time before Forbidden Door. So we'll just have to see I guess.

As for TNA that brings up something I've been thinking on. The new partnership with WWE certainly seems to be benefiting TNA. But I think it will change who they can/want to sign in the future. They have always signed ex-WWE folks. Legends, Cast offs, ect. I don't know how appealing going their will be to those folks now that the main draw to the promotion is that they are a pipeline into WWE. It's not going to be as conducive to reinventing yourself and why would TNA want to sign them when they are going to get a stream of crossovers anyway?

I think she is nursing an injury right now. It's tied into a storyline. So not sure how bad it is. But it appears to be a work an injury into the story type situation.

AEW needs to get ROH a propper tv deal or put it on YouTube. The paywall model blows. Maybe it will go to Max along with a new TV deal?🤞

dang hope she’s healthy soon. She’s so good

VN Store

Back