The WRASSLIN’ Thread

Honestly cringe if yall want to but this is my favorite Jericho gimmick since the list. He plays old wrestler hogging trying to hog the spotlight but being oblivious to it perfectly lol
I disliked it at first. But it grew on me. Alot of the hate he is getting now is tribalism. Big Bill and The Bad Apple are obviously having a blast with it.

I love the Learning Tree gimmick. I’ve not been a real fan of any of the iterations of Jericho (I should trademark that) in AEW, but the Learning Tree is so entertaining. Big Bill is thriving, Bryan Keith is showing some chops…love it. Introducing that edge to the character with the Joe angle has some legs, too.

I’ve always appreciated what Hangman does in the ring, but the whole Anxious Millennial Cowboy schtick was just not my thing. I’m digging outlaw Hangman, though. It kind of feels like the constant ups and downs have calloused Hanger and now you’re left with a hardened vet less worried about where he fits in the picture. For lack of a better way to put it…he’s not a whiny B anymore.

I love the Learning Tree gimmick. I’ve not been a real fan of any of the iterations of Jericho (I should trademark that) in AEW, but the Learning Tree is so entertaining. Big Bill is thriving, Bryan Keith is showing some chops…love it. Introducing that edge to the character with the Joe angle has some legs, too.

I’ve always appreciated what Hangman does in the ring, but the whole Anxious Millennial Cowboy schtick was just not my thing. I’m digging outlaw Hangman, though. It kind of feels like the constant ups and downs have calloused Hanger and now you’re left with a hardened vet less worried about where he fits in the picture. For lack of a better way to put it…he’s not a whiny B anymore.

Loved the anxious millennial gimmick because well I’m an anxious millennial 💀 but yes this version is pretty awesome too. I want him to be the one to take the belt off Swerve. That’s saying a lot when you have Ospreay, Okada and Bryan in the same company.

Collision was really good this week. Things were clickng.
The Conglomeration might just be the "white hats" AEW needs.

"Battle of the Belts" was another story.
Tony/Warner needs to let that go.

Glad to hear Paul Wright and Riccaboni on the call though.

Last edited:

I second that on "Battle of the Belts". It's a bit predictable at this point with PPVs coming up anyway.

I'll have to check out Collision.

They don’t promote battle of the belts until the week of it and it’s just secondary titles with predictable outcomes. Yeah it’s pretty pointless.

In my world, they are discussing how to make WWE/AEW cross promotion matches work. lol
Even though Shane is no longer "contracted" to WWE, he's working as an intermediary between the two.
Leave me alone. Let me have my delusions.
Shane tried a takeover of creative about a decade ago in WWE. I could see him pitching this. He’s cut off with Hunter in charge.

Shane tried a takeover of creative about a decade ago in WWE. I could see him pitching this. He’s cut off with Hunter in charge.
Honestly, he could probably be of help on the story side of things in AEW. I think I'd prefer Scott D'Amore. But there are worse choices than Shane.

Agree with D’Amore. I really don’t see Shane wrestling though. I think he is wanting some behind the scenes influence.
Shane's in ring antics never really did it for me. But I wouldn't mind him being and on screen "authority figure" at times. But you have to think they would do some kind of takeover angle with him. Can you imagine if Vince showed up, even for a cameo? It would be a circus.

VN Store

Back