These guys are delusional

Vols should win this game but you are delusional if you think that NCState doesn’t have a legitimate shot.

Reactions: greenbacknative
38-20. UT has a huge edge at QB.
Edge yes, huge edge? I’m not so sure. I get the feeling McCall will go Baker Mayfield/Will Grier on us this weekend. He’s exactly the kind of QB we’ve struggled with historically speaking. I know past teams have nothing to do with this year, but BVS is real. This is McCall’s first real shot on a national stage against a highly ranked opponent. Joly will also undoubtedly want to get his in this game. I could see the two of them having big games, just hope our offense is as lights out as it appeared to be in week 1

Edge yes, huge edge? I’m not so sure. I get the feeling McCall will go Baker Mayfield/Will Grier on us this weekend. He’s exactly the kind of QB we’ve struggled with historically speaking. I know past teams have nothing to do with this year, but BVS is real. This is McCall’s first real shot on a national stage against a highly ranked opponent. Joly will also undoubtedly want to get his in this game. I could see the two of them having big games, just hope our offense is as lights out as it appeared to be in week 1
You said one thing that absolutely hit the bullseye: BVS is real. Your BVS is real. And it's showing, brother. Get that looked at. Don't get tased by the guys at SEC Shorts. Heh.

Go Vols!

I watched the Ncst "Highlights". UT will have a Huge edge at QB. McCall throws lazy passes (2Ints) while Nico throws Lasers. McCall is a 5th year Senior. He is who he appears to be.

Last edited:
Reactions: Volfan1000
Western Carolina beat Chatt by 2 points last year. You can extrapolate..
Heh, yep, if only the transitive property held in football.

1725371769695.png

We wouldn't even have to play. Just put it in the record books as a 47-point beatdown, and start getting ready for Oklahoma. I mean Kent State.

Go Vols!

Heh, yep, if only the transitive property held in football.

View attachment 673071

We wouldn't even have to play. Just put it in the record books as a 47-point beatdown, and start getting ready for Oklahoma. I mean Kent State.

Go Vols!

Vols by 47? Nah, I know you can't compare scores of common opponents and decide who wins the next game, SO, Ima give ncst the benefit of a doubt & cut that 47 in HALF, Vols by 23.

Reactions: VFL-82-JP
The level of overconfidence on this forum the week before that debacle was unlike anything I’ve ever seen. That game will haunt me for a long time as a reason not to “count your chickens” (bad pun intended).

Two things. Banks is gone, and Ncst can't steal UT's signals... Tennessee is clearly the superior team, QB, Oline & Dline. Receivers, and possibly LBS. That translates into a Beating. McCall will feel the wrath of James Pierce & Co.

Two things. Banks is gone, and Ncst can't steal UT's signals... Tennessee is clearly the superior team, QB, Oline & Dline. Receivers, and possibly LBS. That translates into a Beating. McCall will feel the wrath of James Pierce & Co.
We shall see. I feel like we really didn’t show much under the hood last week if you know what I mean. I hope coach H really opens it up early and attacks on offense and defense. It would be nice coming out of that game knowing what we really have, especially considering the next is another cupcake.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Hey, as Vol Fans, we posted many things expressing hope against Bama during the Dooley, Butch, and Pruitt years. So I can’t give NC State fans too much grief. It’s not hat true fans are supposed to do.
Don’t overlook these guys. Bring our A game and play clean. Overconfidence is a killer.

Brining up GA State is low hanging fruit. That was a whole different staff and a whole different talent level. This team would have beaten that GA St team by 70. If we lose to NCST, then we have some SERIOUS red flags with this program and coaching staff.
North Texas State, Duke , Memphis State, Wyoming, GA State.
It can happen anytime against anyone. Never put the W down till you see it the day after the game.

Reactions: Volfan1000
I'm not going to start strutting around after beating the soul out of Chattanooga. Do I think we're going to win this game? Yes. Do I think it's going to be a brawl? Actually yes. I believe that our quarterbacks youth will be a factor. Nico is good now and he's going to be epically good after he has a full season of his belt. But right now he's likely to have some growing pains. Teams are going to key in on his inexperience as a starter. How will he react when everything isn't going well? That will be the key. If the game stays tight, will they be able to keep their composure? NC State is not going to be the same animal as Oklahoma or Georgia, but they're still going to be a step up in competition. I think they're going to be a serious step up compared to Iowa last year in the bowl game. Our secondary is still untested by a legitimate team. My biggest fear is that we will get them backed up in 3rd and long over and over again and they will find a way to slip the noose off their neck with their receivers, Just like every team we've played for the last 2 years. Until I see our secondary play like an SEC team, I'm going to reserve judgment. I see this game going something akin to Tennessee 35 NC State 32. I could see both teams getting over 400 yards of offense total.

This youtube comment made me laugh, rather the computer's reaction to it. No offence to who wrote it, we all know what you mean.
1725385521886.png

Last edited:
Reactions: orangebloodgmc

VN Store

Back