These guys are delusional

If the last 15 years of TN football taught you anything it should’ve been to remain grounded. Do I think we win? Of course. Am I gonna be acting like an arrogant Alabama fan? I’ll pass.
This all day. I’ll stay quiet and let the team play do the talking. I don’t get involved with trash talking, because it seems to come back and bite the talker.

And some of the quotes I have heard from the team has me a bit worried that we will come out flat.

See yall there. I will be the handsome guy in Orange.

Btw...if anyone is looking for a minor concern to worry about (i know how yall are) our kicker showed a very low trajectory on FGs and PATs. Almost missed a PAT also. Probably wont matter vs NCSU unless their 1 NFL caliber DTackle gets a hand on 1....but we are in danger of getting a kick blocked unless they get these kicks up higher at the LOS. UGA and Bama will both have exceptional athletes trying to block a kick. If I noticed, they surely know all about it from our film...
Very low.

We shall see. I feel like we really didn’t show much under the hood last week if you know what I mean. I hope coach H really opens it up early and attacks on offense and defense. It would be nice coming out of that game knowing what we really have, especially considering the next is another cupcake.

Heupel will have a game plan to attack ncst's weakest link. So we may see some totally different plays. He's got a lot in his toolbox.

Hey, as Vol Fans, we posted many things expressing hope against Bama during the Dooley, Butch, and Pruitt years. So I can’t give NC State fans too much grief. It’s not hat true fans are supposed to do.
Don’t overlook these guys. Bring our A game and play clean. Overconfidence is a killer.

Tell Nico and Co. They Know if they play their game, it's a W. Unless Nico falls apart, He handled the Bowl Game with aplomb, the Neyland Opener the same and will handle this game too. Don't be afraid to be confident in these guys. They Are.

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
Guys, the last two EPs were kicked by Turbyville. He kicks a much lower ball than Gilbert. Gilbert will be fine, the ball jumps off his foot and he normally gets the ball up quickly.
Thats what I thought. Thanks for confirming my suspicions

Klubnik is not good but I have no idea who they have behind him. I think if they had better qb play they would’ve been able to hang around with y’all longer kinda like Mizzou last yr.
Klubnik is a 7 on 7 wonder. He drops his eyes to look at the rush. You can see it when he’s juking in the pocket a DL 2-3 yds away instead of stepping up & looking downfield. Clemson hasn’t been able to break him from it in 3 yrs. He did it much of the game Sat. If he has clean protection, he’s ok but if someone breaks free, he panicks

The only way ncst has a shot is if Tennessee gives them one. No turnovers = Vols by 20 FIDDY .. I approve this message.
I tend to agree with the sentiment. Tennessee is going to have to make some mistakes for NCSU to have a chance. No argument. I do think winning by 50+ is optimistic. *shrug. We'll see how it develops.

If you can stomach it hear how these guys are talking themselves and their fans into believing they have a shot. The comment section is hilarious. Not only do Tennessee fans travel to away and neutral site games well….we troll well too!!!!

72-7 Vols.

I enjoy the podcast that Eric Cain has with the opposition during the week.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
I'm not going to start strutting around after beating the soul out of Chattanooga. Do I think we're going to win this game? Yes. Do I think it's going to be a brawl? Actually yes. I believe that our quarterbacks youth will be a factor. Nico is good now and he's going to be epically good after he has a full season of his belt. But right now he's likely to have some growing pains. Teams are going to key in on his inexperience as a starter. How will he react when everything isn't going well? That will be the key. If the game stays tight, will they be able to keep their composure? NC State is not going to be the same animal as Oklahoma or Georgia, but they're still going to be a step up in competition. I think they're going to be a serious step up compared to Iowa last year in the bowl game. Our secondary is still untested by a legitimate team. My biggest fear is that we will get them backed up in 3rd and long over and over again and they will find a way to slip the noose off their neck with their receivers, Just like every team we've played for the last 2 years. Until I see our secondary play like an SEC team, I'm going to reserve judgment. I see this game going something akin to Tennessee 35 NC State 32. I could see both teams getting over 400 yards of offense total.
Nico is cool calm and collected the ones still doubting will soon be a witness… inexperience won’t be a factor here I may be more inclined to agree if he was a true freshman but he sat and waited and locked in and this is the rewards of that patience… we have a superstar young Qb that is tailor made for the system… think Bryce young’s first year as a starter at Bama or Mahomes first year as a starter in the league… they were ready from start one because of the year they sat and same with Nico…

Last edited:
i THINK THE game will be like 17-7 at halftime and we pull away with a 21 to 28 win by the end if we do this we had a good game, take care of the football and NCS has no chance.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
I watched the Ncst "Highlights". UT will have a Huge edge at QB. McCall throws lazy passes (2Ints) while Nico throws Lasers. McCall is a 5th year Senior. He is who he appears to be.
Not sure where you got those numbers but he had 1 pick, not 2, according to the box score. He’s thrown very few interceptions over the course of his career. 91 TDs to 15 INTs, good for a 6:1 TD to INT ratio. He’s capable of improvising to extend plays and can pick up first downs on his feet. Last season was a bad year for him, but the player and coaching turnover at CCU was pretty dramatic with the departure of HC Jamey Chadwell.

This has the makings of a competitive game. Whether we pull away and win by multiple possessions, I’m not sure, but it will still be a game going into the 4th.

Not sure where you got those numbers but he had 1 pick, not 2, according to the box score. He’s thrown very few interceptions over the course of his career. 91 TDs to 15 INTs, good for a 6:1 TD to INT ratio. He’s capable of improvising to extend plays and can pick up first downs on his feet. Last season was a bad year for him, but the player and coaching turnover at CCU was pretty dramatic with the departure of HC Jamey Chadwell.

This has the makings of a competitive game. Whether we pull away and win by multiple possessions, I’m not sure, but it will still be a game going into the 4th.

Allright then. We'll take a look back at this on Sattdy nite.... McCall will be on his azz plenty. James Pierce hardly played vs Chatt, but he will show out on National TV. McCall will be under duress, and like 5 sacks . I looked at VN member predicted scores and saw none that were close. And most of those guys know their football. 38-20 Tennessee. Oh and I may have misspoke about McCall's Ints. But He is a shorter guy that will have problems with UT's Dline. Run for your life, Grayson.

McCall did all his big things in the Sun Belt. This is Big Boy Ball. It won't be close by the fourth quarter. Advantage on Offense=Tennessee Advantage on Defense= Tennessee ST----Tennessee. ....... FANS---Tennessee. Cmon Man. I don't usually hype my team like this but I believe what I saw Saturday. Nico will light them up. And the defense will shut them down.

I tend to agree with the sentiment. Tennessee is going to have to make some mistakes for NCSU to have a chance. No argument. I do think winning by 50+ is optimistic. *shrug. We'll see how it develops.

I picked UT by 20. The other poster "Fixed" my post to 50. LOL It will be like 21--28 pt win. So says the "Crystal Ball"

Edge yes, huge edge? I’m not so sure. I get the feeling McCall will go Baker Mayfield/Will Grier on us this weekend. He’s exactly the kind of QB we’ve struggled with historically speaking. I know past teams have nothing to do with this year, but BVS is real. This is McCall’s first real shot on a national stage against a highly ranked opponent. Joly will also undoubtedly want to get his in this game. I could see the two of them having big games, just hope our offense is as lights out as it appeared to be in week 1

He’s exactly the kind of QB we’ve struggled with historically speaking.
History has nothing to do with this game. This is a new era in UT Football. Heuple is the Man now. These guys in Orange ain't studying History. Nico isnt either. Stop worrying. That BVS has got a hold on yall.

Reactions: VFL-82-JP

No it won't.

Don't confuse his down hill running in the triple option-spread offense as him being a QB that can improvise from the pocket. It's not the same skill set.

We're not playing against Baker Mayfield in 2015 again ...

Conception isn't Dexter McCluster and we ain't the 2009 Defense

This game will be over by halftime

Reactions: VolRage
FYI, we have been saying "vols by fiddy" on this board for about three years now, mostly as a joke. Nobody really expects to win by fiddy, its just fun to say it.

I live in South Carolina about 30 minutes from CCU, and I go to a decent amount of Chants games. McCall is a good quarterback - he can make something out of nothing and often does. Our team is better and we should win if we play well, but McCall shouldn't be dismissed as a non-factor.

Section 540 for me.
I am in 520 bud so we are probably close. 1 good thing about Panthers measley 70,000 seat stadium....there isnt a bad seat in the house. The stands are so steep that the top of the heads of folks in front of you only comes up to like your belly button. Really clear lines of sight to the whole field man. I have sat in nosebleeds and good seats, was able to see the field great from either. I actually have an appt to get an eye exam and new contacts tomorrow so i can really see well for the game haha. GO VOLS.

You should get up with Dutch at his tailgate on Mint st...i will do my best to get by there and meet yall.

If we are NC State fans...we would come hard too..but bless their heart!!!! Coach is gonna have to call the dogs off...you literally had trouble with a high school team..If the refs don't get involved ..this will B a hammering....End of story!

Edge yes, huge edge? I’m not so sure. I get the feeling McCall will go Baker Mayfield/Will Grier on us this weekend. He’s exactly the kind of QB we’ve struggled with historically speaking. I know past teams have nothing to do with this year, but BVS is real. This is McCall’s first real shot on a national stage against a highly ranked opponent. Joly will also undoubtedly want to get his in this game. I could see the two of them having big games, just hope our offense is as lights out as it appeared to be in week 1
1665415357054.gif

VN Store

Back