They Don’t Pay Their Fair Share

Most definitely.
But you propose forcing some to pay more taxes to support those that exercise little to none of that personal responsibility. How is that fair?

Oh.... you think the responsibility should only shouldered by the 'haves'.... gotcha

But you propose forcing some to pay more taxes to support those that exercise little to none of that personal responsibility. How is that fair?

Oh.... you think the responsibility should only shouldered by the 'haves'.... gotcha
I think everyone has personal responsibility.
I also think personal responsibility encompasses taking care of others who are less fortunate.

I also think personal responsibility encompasses taking care of others who are less fortunate.

So how does one become “less fortunate”?

I think this is important because it has so much power over perspective. If someone is 40 years old and earns $25,000 a year, is it more likely a matter of bad luck, circumstance, race, sex, religion, oppression, etc. or is it a lack of hard work, dedication, sacrifice, risk taking, decision making.

Same thing for the other side of the coin. Some 40 year old is earning $150k a year. Is that most likely just good “fortune”, or more likely years of hard work and sacrifice?

Just curious as to your perspective.

So how does one become “less fortunate”?

I think this is important because it has so much power over perspective. If someone is 40 years old and earns $25,000 a year, is it more likely a matter of bad luck, circumstance, race, sex, religion, oppression, etc. or is it a lack of hard work, dedication, sacrifice, risk taking, decision making.

Same thing for the other side of the coin. Some 40 year old is earning $150k a year. Is that most likely just good “fortune”, or more likely years of hard work and sacrifice?

Just curious as to your perspective.
There are multiple factors that come into play on both ends and those factors should be taken into account.

Maybe I lost track, but we don't have a federal wealth tax other than a graduated income tax scale of which no rich asshat pays. People that are middle to upper "middle class" are the ones that get F'd every year. The really rich like some pilots on here get away with paying little to no taxes.

The top 1% pays 40% of all taxes while earning only 20% of the income. Where do you get this lie from that they don’t pay?

What mistake did I not own up to?
I said they should have a more graduated scale. (The article I linked said many considered them to have the most progressive tax structure)
I said I posted the wrong top ten list and then quickly posted the correct list (from the same link).

So you specifically quoted a section of the article which proved their tax structure was less progressive than ours. And provided a link about high tax rates not progressive taxes you’ve failed all around.

When you posted the wrong top ten list you attempted to brag about how Sweden wasn’t on there like America. Yet they actually have higher inequality and less progressive taxes. It was a fail all around.

To this point you’ve named 0 countries with a more progressive tax system

So you specifically quoted a section of the article which proved their tax structure was less progressive than ours. And provided a link about high tax rates not progressive taxes you’ve failed all around.

When you posted the wrong top ten list you attempted to brag about how Sweden wasn’t on there like America. Yet they actually have higher inequality and less progressive taxes. It was a fail all around.

To this point you’ve named 0 countries with a more progressive tax system
SMDH
You accuse me of continually lying...."When do you plan on manning up? Or are you going to continue lying about Sweden"
I asked what mistake I did not own up to. (How am I continually lying) And this is what you came up with?????
That's a pretty harsh accusation to make with no ability to back it up.....but you do you.

The very first paragraph of my link......
As the 2020 campaign for the presidency of the United States gets underway, candidates have announced a raft of new tax proposals, including increases in the top marginal income tax rate, the creation of a broad wealth tax, and reversing recent cuts to the U.S. estate tax. All three proposals are what economists term “progressive” taxes, meaning they would fall most heavily on wealthier taxpayers, in contrast with “regressive” taxes, which more directly affect lower-income citizens.

Just proving that your unsupported claim was not an accepted fact.

SMDH
You accuse me of continually lying...."When do you plan on manning up? Or are you going to continue lying about Sweden"
I asked what mistake I did not own up to. (How am I continually lying) And this is what you came up with?????
That's a pretty harsh accusation to make with no ability to back it up.....but you do you.

As the 2020 campaign for the presidency of the United States gets underway, candidates have announced a raft of new tax proposals, including increases in the top marginal income tax rate, the creation of a broad wealth tax, and reversing recent cuts to the U.S. estate tax. All three proposals are what economists term “progressive” taxes, meaning they would fall most heavily on wealthier taxpayers, in contrast with “regressive” taxes, which more directly affect lower-income citizens.

Wealth Inequality by Country 2021
Top 10 Countries with the Highest Wealth Inequality (World Bank Gini index):
  1. South Africa - 63.0%
  2. Namibia - 59.1%
  3. Suriname - 57.9%
  4. Zambia - 57.1%
  5. Sao Tome and Principe - 56.3%
  6. Central African Republic - 56.2%
  7. Eswatini - 54.6%
  8. Mozambique - 54.0%
  9. Brazil - 53.4%
  10. Botswana - 53.3%
We are in some mighty fine company. I don't see Sweden anywhere on there. Can you name another country where the top 1% controls as much of the wealth?
A progressive tax is one which limits that inequality.

You’re claiming Sweden is not on the list of countries with high inequality. I’m directly quoting it for you. We can start there.

You were wrong. They have higher inequality than we do. You could start by being honest there

SMDH

Ummm so proposals from Americans about taxes = a country with a more progressive tax rate? How are you this bad at this?

So do I. The difference between you and me though is that you advocate doing it at the point of a gun. I prefer to give it to my church and let people that don't 'take a cut' distribute it. You believe that being forced is the best way.

Do you pay extra taxes above what the irs says you should to show your “decency”? Or is it only required of the people above you for them to be decent
Of course not. I don't expect anyone to pay more than they owe.

You’re claiming Sweden is not on the list of countries with high inequality. I’m directly quoting it for you. We can start there.

You were wrong. They have higher inequality than we do. You could start by being honest there
My bad.
Here are the 10 countries with the highest wealth inequality:

1. Russia (0.879)
  2. Sweden (0.867)
  3. United States (0.852)
  4. Brazil (0.849)
  5. Thailand (0.846)
  6. Denmark (0.838)
  7. Philippines (0.837)
  8. Saudi Arabia (0.834)
  9. Indonesia (0.833)
  10. India (0.832)
Sweden is on there.
Same link.......just without the Gini index.
I did....exactly 10 minutes after I mistakenly posted the wrong top ten list.

I'll accept your long overdue apology.

Ummm so proposals from Americans about taxes = a country with a more progressive tax rate? How are you this bad at this?
You might want to stop until you have your second cup of coffee.
It clearly states that one element of a progressive tax is the top high end rate.
The link lists multiple countries with a higher top end rate.

I did....exactly 10 minutes after I mistakenly posted the wrong top ten list.

I'll accept your long overdue apology.

I’m not sure what I’m apologizing for. But you’ve still yet to admit you’re wrong.

So we agree you incorrectly claimed Sweden had less inequality than the US?

You might want to stop until you have your second cup of coffee.
It clearly states that one element of a progressive tax is the top high end rate.
The link lists multiple countries with a higher top end rate.

I think in your mind you’ve made a point, and honestly it’s cute. Really.

But a higher tax rate in general (Sweden, the example you continually brought up, not me) is not the same as progressive. And you’ve still yet to show me who has a more progressive system.

Honestly, why the childish behavior?

So do I. The difference between you and me though is that you advocate doing it at the point of a gun. I prefer to give it to my church and let people that don't 'take a cut' distribute it. You believe that being forced is the best way.
They do take a cut.
But I'm all for charitable giving - even through a church.
I wish charity was enough, but when it's not, taxes are required.

I’m not sure what I’m apologizing for. But you’ve still yet to admit you’re wrong.

So we agree you incorrectly claimed Sweden had less inequality than the US?
lol.........I'm the one who posted the freakin' list showing that.

Did you suffer a head injury?

lol.........I'm the one who posted the freakin' list showing that.

Did you suffer a head injury?

Lol maybe I did. Clarify for those of us with previous TBI’s. When you stated that Sweden wasn’t on the list and america was, what did you mean by that? It was a list of inequality you were talking about.

It seems you were incorrectly claiming they had less inequality….yet you hide like a child and refuse to admit it.

VN Store

Back